Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 492604 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 12:47:45 am »
ask and you shall receive -- instructions on how to do everything you need to do on GBR can be found right here:

http://gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=79444.0

Learned alott from GOPBR this last couple of days. One how to post a picture, and two, how to select an Avatar besides the limited ones available from the profile set-up.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2012, 03:35:10 am »
Takara my 13 Year old Shiba Inu

That's a beautiful dog, I don't think I've ever seen that breed before.  Nice aquarium too!  I've had dogs, cats, & birds as pets - but I never tried fish.  It's quite relaxing to watch them swim. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2012, 03:36:19 am »
Learned alott from GOPBR this last couple of days. One how to post a picture, and two, how to select an Avatar besides the limited ones available from the profile set-up.

We aim to please...

Love all the pics here tonight (those are beautiful fish BTW)..... Shiba's have a pretty long lifespan don't they?

Chief Gus has your number for sure.......

DC I think you should get your cats back.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2012, 03:43:32 am »

Here's my nineteen + year old cat Rubis.

He was kept in an unfinished basement for the last 4 years.  I took him on New Years Eve and he weighed 6.8 lbs.

Now he up to 8.4 lbs and no mats....no runs.....no errors!

He always tries to sit in your lap.  I can actually feel my blood pressure relax when I hear that purr.

I used to have two remarkable ragdolls but when my girlfriend's cat almost killed one, I gave them to my billiard buddy's wife.

Here's a couple of pics of them.....Baby (with the white chin) and Anna.....a bit miffed all the time, but always the lady.

Lesson.....I miss my girls.   Next time, the girlfriend goes.

What gorgeous cats!  They could be glamour cat models!  I'm so happy you took Rubis - I know he is so much happier to be with you.  God bless you, he's a beautiful creature. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2012, 03:48:45 am »
What gorgeous cats!  They could be glamour cat models!  I'm so happy you took Rubis - I know he is so much happier to be with you.  God bless you, he's a beautiful creature. 

Yes, Rubis is very cool.   Have to carry him up the stairs when I know he's going to try to follow me.  He's slowing down. 

Aren't we all?

Yes, the ragdolls were art in motion, but truthfully, I don't miss all the cat hair to clean up.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2012, 04:47:03 am »
Yes, the ragdolls were art in motion, but truthfully, I don't miss all the cat hair to clean up.

I hear that - with six cats & two dogs - pet hair is my second full-time job!  Here's our Bootsy, she passed away last year - was 20 years old.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2012, 04:59:43 am »
OK, I shown you my dog and my fish. But now the Cat is giving me the evil eye, wanting his own moment in the spotlight. So that I don't risk having him trip me going down the stairs [again], ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Toshi.

[attachment deleted by admin]
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2012, 05:06:20 am »
OK, I shown you my dog and my fish. But now the Cat is giving me the evil eye, wanting his own moment in the spotlight. So that I don't risk having him trip me going down the stairs [again], ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Toshi.

He's got a cute smudgy nose!  Toshi looks very intelligent. 

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2012, 05:11:23 am »
That's a beautiful dog, I don't think I've ever seen that breed before. 

Shiba Inus are a very old breed from Japan. One can be seen in the tear-jerker movie,  Hachi: A Dogs Tale

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2296906777/

The puppy Hachi is a Shiba Inu. The adult Hachi is it's larger cousin the Akita.

I have owned dogs all my life. I have never had one receive as much attention as this one.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2012, 05:13:56 am »
GoD And DoG by Wendy J Francisco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H17edn_RZoY

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2012, 05:17:54 am »
Navy, I watched that video a couple of months ago and  8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby  I cannot watch sad dog movies.......
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2012, 05:21:41 am »

That was Mippsey, the ferret my daughter presented me on my 50th.  She was quite the escape artist and when she turned up missing one day, that's where I found her...snuggled under the blankets on my side of the bed...

And then we have Gus, who figured out at an early age that Dad's chair is pretty darn comfortable.....

:beer:

Cute!  Mippsey and Gus are pretty laid back.  Really cute pictures!

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2012, 05:37:18 am »
Here was my Coco, he died from walmart cat food :( Hard to tell from this pic but he was a big cat! Blue eyes and his fur felt like a rabbit.

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2012, 05:41:19 am »
He was beautiful R4..... (I used to have that same bedroom set in my guest room)...... 

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2012, 05:49:44 am »
Here was my Coco, he died from walmart cat food :( Hard to tell from this pic but he was a big cat! Blue eyes and his fur felt like a rabbit.

Sorry to hear about Coco, he was a pretty color.  Was the food from China?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2012, 05:55:38 am »
Don't trust Walmart, Costco or any grocery store food for your pets and read the labels of any treats to be certain they are make in USA.  I buy all my food at a local healthy petfood store... and no grains for "the girls" other than perhaps some oats or barley, but mostly no grains, period.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2012, 06:02:36 am »
I read the labels - will not buy pet food from China.  I've noticed a lot of pet treats come from there. 

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2012, 06:11:05 am »
I read the labels - will not buy pet food from China.  I've noticed a lot of pet treats come from there.

Too many, and even when they don't say made in China a lot of the ingredients in some of the brands come from China (same with some of the baby food, too)

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2012, 08:34:37 am »
He was beautiful R4..... (I used to have that same bedroom set in my guest room)......

That is my apt in NC! That was taken about 6 years ago. Ralph Lauren, got the comforter, and the dust ruffle at Marshalls, found the sheet sets and shams at Dillards on clearance..LOL  I love that set, I still rotate it for summer..LOL

My Coco had the china food that caused his organs to shut down. :( When I moved to NJ, Dad  eventually started buying Walmart brand instead of the fancy feast he had always eaten. Never had a health problem in the 12 years I had him until then.  :shrug:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Oceander

« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2012, 01:15:43 pm »

Shiba Inus are a very old breed from Japan. One can be seen in the tear-jerker movie,  Hachi: A Dogs Tale

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2296906777/

The puppy Hachi is a Shiba Inu. The adult Hachi is it's larger cousin the Akita.

I have owned dogs all my life. I have never had one receive as much attention as this one.

That is absolutely the hardest movie to watch without losing it.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2012, 03:30:12 pm »
I know. I can't even watch the dang trailer, witout tearing up.   Makes Old Yeller look like a comedy

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2012, 03:36:08 pm »
This is a good site to find out about what you feed your pets.....I don't buy anything from a grocery store or Walmart...and it is always grain free..

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/brand/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline raml

« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2012, 05:52:44 pm »
These are a few of my 28 ferrets with my granddaughters

This is my cat Gidget

This is Katie

This is my dog Penney
I am crazy about ferrets as you can tell about 10 of them are rescues 2 are from the tornado that hit Joplin

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2012, 07:26:13 pm »
Thanks, raml... cute pics all.......  28 ferrets must keep you very busy..

Offline Rapunzel