Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 492637 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pets Welcomed
« on: August 14, 2012, 07:34:52 pm »

I have noticed a lot of threads and avatars with photos of your pets....so I made this thread for you to post your pics..

I have 3 dogs

2 Bulldogs and a Cavachon..

Spike

Bonnie

and little Bo

« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 02:54:02 pm by mysteR²y-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Proud Patriot

Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 09:35:11 pm »
I have to go learn how to post pictures....

I've gotten lazy as it's so easy to take puctures with your phone then post it on Face Book.

I can at least say that I have 5 cats. I only had 3 until I rescued a little 4.5 month old brother and sister act two weeks ago. They were wandering the parking lot of my hair salon and the owner started feeding them. I think I was set up!  LOL

Anyway, thanks for the thread, Mystery! I'll be back when I've figured things out a little more.
CAluvdubya

Offline Proud Patriot

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 09:36:26 pm »
I forgot...... Gorgeous babies! Even though I have cats, I love dogs, too!
CAluvdubya

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 11:15:05 pm »
I have to go learn how to post pictures....

I've gotten lazy as it's so easy to take puctures with your phone then post it on Face Book.

I can at least say that I have 5 cats. I only had 3 until I rescued a little 4.5 month old brother and sister act two weeks ago. They were wandering the parking lot of my hair salon and the owner started feeding them. I think I was set up!  LOL

Anyway, thanks for the thread, Mystery! I'll be back when I've figured things out a little more.

ask and you shall receive -- instructions on how to do everything you need to do on GBR can be found right here:

http://gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=79444.0
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 11:20:02 pm »
I have three Cocker Spaniels. My oldest, Daisy is now blind, but doing just great, the youngest has taken to sleeping in her bed with her instead of on the bed with me -- Lady (the youngest) is the sensitive one of the three... and the middle Missy is the flirt..... here is some pics of my girls:

This is my Daisy in her younger days:

Lady

and Missy - my hunter.

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 11:40:02 pm »

I have noticed a lot of threads and avatars with photos of your pets....so I made this thread for you to post your pics..

I have 3 dogs

2 Bulldogs and a Cavachon..

They're so cute!  Here's one of mine (her name is Mini-me):

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 11:42:56 pm »
I have three Cocker Spaniels. My oldest, Daisy is now blind, but doing just great, the youngest has taken to sleeping in her bed with her instead of on the bed with me -- Lady (the youngest) is the sensitive one of the three... and the middle Missy is the flirt..... here is some pics of my girls:

Pretty dogs!

Offline pinaygop

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 11:50:25 pm »
Thank You for this thread!

Here are my two:

The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen. - Dennis Prager

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 12:02:20 am »
They're very cute - that's some glowing eyes on the second one!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 01:20:58 am »
~LOL~ cats are so funny.. they will truly sleep anywhere.  I love cats..... heck I love animals... hopefully everyone will enjoy this section of the board.

Offline TheMom

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 01:24:46 am »
We have seven (yes seven!) dogs.  There is never a dull moment at our house.

Their names are (starting at the top left) - Peanut, PitStop, PITA, Kaiden (he's not a dog, that is my adorable grandson), Mojo, Truble, Kitty and Foster.

Peanut is a Min-Pin (Mojo is her dad), PitStop is a Red Healer/Pit Bull mix, PITA is a Pom, Mojo is a Min-Pin, Truble is a Basset/Coon Hound Mix, Kitty is a Min-Pin (Mojo is also her dad) and Foster is a Corgi mix.
I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcasm, and Profanity.

Offline pinaygop

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 01:31:32 am »
They're very cute - that's some glowing eyes on the second one!

Thanks! I remember taking that picture with my iphone several times because each time I tried, those laser eyes kept showing up! I finally gave up on the flash.
The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen. - Dennis Prager

Offline TheMom

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 01:34:57 am »
BTW - Those are all some really cute critters.

Offline Saltbag

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 02:22:42 am »
Piper and DK!  Linked from my post on Mark Levin's pet corner.

We brought Piper home from a rescue out by Virginia Tech.  The jury is still out on what all breeds made this girl, but our best guess is Irish Wolfhound, German Shepherd, Lab, and some sorta terrier.  We’ve taught her to be a Frisbee catching champ. Above all, she is a sweetheart, and our cat loves her.  The cat is named DK, short for Dumpster Kitty.  We lured her out of a dumpster in St. Simon’s Island, GA with a can of cat food.  These two are inseparable. Who says dogs and cats can’t get along?

"Any act of government must necessarily reduce freedom" - Thomas Sowell

Offline TheMom

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2012, 02:29:50 am »
Who says dogs and cats can’t get along?

I once had a Chihuahua that had a pet cat.  It was such a treat to see the two of them play, especially when the cat would run up a tree just to mess with her.   :laugh:

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 02:56:48 am »
We have seven (yes seven!) dogs.  There is never a dull moment at our house.

That's an adorable crew, looks like Mojo's been busy! 88888cool

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 03:06:28 am »
Who says dogs and cats can’t get along?

Awwww....how cute!  My dogs and cats get along great too.  Here's Ginger with Moe & Mommy Girl.   

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2012, 03:07:36 am »
This is going to be a great thread!  I can tell already... keep it going!

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2012, 03:12:34 am »
Piper and DK!  Linked from my post on Mark Levin's pet corner.

We brought Piper home from a rescue out by Virginia Tech.  The jury is still out on what all breeds made this girl, but our best guess is Irish Wolfhound, German Shepherd, Lab, and some sorta terrier.  We’ve taught her to be a Frisbee catching champ. Above all, she is a sweetheart, and our cat loves her.  The cat is named DK, short for Dumpster Kitty.  We lured her out of a dumpster in St. Simon’s Island, GA with a can of cat food.  These two are inseparable. Who says dogs and cats can’t get along?

I love people that love animals - it tells me everything I need to know about them.  People that love animals have a good heart. 

Offline TheMom

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 03:19:08 am »
That's an adorable crew, looks like Mojo's been busy! 88888cool

He was a very happy dog for a few years.   *bo*

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2012, 03:25:39 am »
What happened to MoJo's eye?  You must be out on a ranch with that crew??? (cute)

Saltbag -- great story about how you got your two!

Alice I really do think dogs and cats get along just fine -- and yes.. how people treat animals speaks volumes...

Offline TheMom

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2012, 03:38:37 am »
What happened to MoJo's eye?  You must be out on a ranch with that crew??? (cute)

Truble was chewing on a bone when Mojo decided he wanted it for himself.  Truble snapped at him and his tooth/teeth hit the eye just right.  It severed the optic nerve and there was no hope in saving the eye.  That was an awful day.

Truble also messed up one of Kitty's eyes when she got to close to him while he was chewing on a bone.  Except she did not lose the eye, just her sight.  Needless to say, we don't give the dogs bones anymore.

Believe it or not, we live in the 'burbs.  Five of the dogs are rescues ~ we are just huge suckers for strays.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2012, 03:45:18 am »
Since my husband died I can't do bones.. Missy steals them from the other two and then lays in the middle with them around her daring the other two to take their bone back.. and with Daisy being blind now I can't take a chance on Missy attacking her .. as it is I have to watch while they eat because Missy will try to steal Daisy's food if I'm not watching and then go after her if she tries to get back into her dish... what can I say, Missy is a jewel -- except over food...  But if she goes after Daisy then Lady jumps into the middle of it and I have three dogs to try and handle... so no bones...

We had another cocker who had glaucoma and we thought we were saving the eye and then she ran into something and blew it out, so we had to have that eye removed, then the other eye got glaucoma and we just went ahead and had it removed and let her bangs grow down over her eyes..  that dog loved to swim and she would still go into the lake and swim right up until two weeks before she died...

Animals truly are amazing creatures... and it seems rescues really, really appreciate it when they get a good home.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 12:15:12 am »

That was Mippsey, the ferret my daughter presented me on my 50th.  She was quite the escape artist and when she turned up missing one day, that's where I found her...snuggled under the blankets on my side of the bed...

And then we have Gus, who figured out at an early age that Dad's chair is pretty darn comfortable.....

:beer:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 12:17:43 am »

Here's my nineteen + year old cat Rubis.

He was kept in an unfinished basement for the last 4 years.  I took him on New Years Eve and he weighed 6.8 lbs.

Now he up to 8.4 lbs and no mats....no runs.....no errors!

He always tries to sit in your lap.  I can actually feel my blood pressure relax when I hear that purr.

I used to have two remarkable ragdolls but when my girlfriend's cat almost killed one, I gave them to my billiard buddy's wife.

Here's a couple of pics of them.....Baby (with the white chin) and Anna.....a bit miffed all the time, but always the lady.

Lesson.....I miss my girls.   Next time, the girlfriend goes.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald