Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 492806 times)

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #1475 on: September 29, 2019, 11:31:34 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ

Here's some eye candy. Dixie, Harriet, and Hank at breakfast.

@austingirl

Yes! That's what I come here for!

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #1476 on: October 17, 2019, 03:56:05 am »
I have a new baby. He didn't check many boxes on my list of what I was looking for, but he desperately needed a loving home, so....

Here he is. First pic was the one on the website (Humane Society of Southeast Texas). The second one is of him curled up in his new bed under the desk. We're still getting acquainted, but so far it seems like sleeping and cuddling is what he does best. He's only 5 lbs. I love that.

He was surrendered by his owner who'd had him since he was a puppy. The wife became very ill, and the husband brought him in. As you can see, he has a blind eye. He's much older than what I was hoping for (12 years old), but, as I said, he needed a home. His name is Midnight, and he's my first boy dog. I took him to the vet Monday and he got a clean bill of health. Now we just need to get to know each other and establish a groove that fits for us. I'm happy to have found him. Never thought I'd say that about a boy dog! BTW, he's very sweet. I love that too. 

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1477 on: October 17, 2019, 11:03:01 am »
@AllThatJazzZ

Congratulations on your new boy.  Midnight looks like a real sweetheart. 

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1478 on: October 17, 2019, 12:22:10 pm »
I have a new baby. He didn't check many boxes on my list of what I was looking for, but he desperately needed a loving home, so....

Here he is. First pic was the one on the website (Humane Society of Southeast Texas). The second one is of him curled up in his new bed under the desk. We're still getting acquainted, but so far it seems like sleeping and cuddling is what he does best. He's only 5 lbs. I love that.

He was surrendered by his owner who'd had him since he was a puppy. The wife became very ill, and the husband brought him in. As you can see, he has a blind eye. He's much older than what I was hoping for (12 years old), but, as I said, he needed a home. His name is Midnight, and he's my first boy dog. I took him to the vet Monday and he got a clean bill of health. Now we just need to get to know each other and establish a groove that fits for us. I'm happy to have found him. Never thought I'd say that about a boy dog! BTW, he's very sweet. I love that too.

@AllThatJazzZ

Yay for Midnight! I’m so happy when I hear older dogs and cats are adopted.

I’m going to my Subaru dealer with a big donation of dog and cat food for their October food drive today. I love my Subaru car and I really admire the work the dealers do in October finding homes for pets and bringing food to shelters. My dealer brings in dogs and cats foradopting on saturdays during October.
Ping
@Hopalong Ginsberg
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline verga

« Reply #1479 on: October 17, 2019, 01:24:33 pm »

Very nice, good luck with cutie
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Hopalong Ginsberg

« Reply #1480 on: October 17, 2019, 02:47:06 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ

Yay for Midnight! I’m so happy when I hear older dogs and cats are adopted.

I’m going to my Subaru dealer with a big donation of dog and cat food for their October food drive today. I love my Subaru car and I really admire the work the dealers do in October finding homes for pets and bringing food to shelters. My dealer brings in dogs and cats foradopting on saturdays during October.
Ping
@Hopalong Ginsberg

@AllThatJazzZ @Gefn - You both rock.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #1481 on: October 20, 2019, 05:07:38 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ

Congratulations of your new pup. He will live out his life in a loving home thanks to you.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1482 on: October 27, 2019, 12:45:58 am »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1483 on: October 27, 2019, 06:44:38 pm »
Smokey the Cat came back this morning,

This isn't him but he's quite a bit like this, gray.

Smokey is a gray male cat who left, I'd say about May, a neighborhood stray. Well, you see these cats and then, one doesn't show up for a spell and you wonder what happened.  So, maybe he will be showing up more. I got one cat neutered because that's the problem. We have a place, a bit of a drive that does it for free. I paid out of pocket to get it done but it really is too much. The other place is a charity, so I will look into that more.

I know, male cats have a tendency to roam and unfortunately, this other stray in the neighborhood I think has laid down this area as his "territory" but this Smokey is a sweet cat whom I have seen since he was a kitten, in fact, as a very small kitten, I think I once picked this cat up (he was much more black at the time) and he jumped out of my hand.  So, he's a fairly friendly cat but I know the animal rescue people here and they are sympathetic but they want me to take all of them to get neutered so one down. There are about 3, maybe 4 now like this and one could add in 2 more actually per neighborhood strays.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1484 on: October 27, 2019, 06:48:53 pm »
I had a female gray cat.

I hope he can find a home, maybe he’s chipped. I chipped my cats so if they got out someone might find them and return them. I know I wouldn’t be able to sleep worrying about them.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1485 on: October 27, 2019, 07:09:02 pm »
Used to get a lot of strays in my neighborhood when I first moved here.   In fact, my second and third cats were both strays.  These strays all lived in this wooded area uphill and behind my house.  Then about five years ago, the government decided to develop that property and turn it into public housing.  Don't see the strays now.

@TomSea   Be careful when dealing with strays.  You don't know if they have rabies or could be carrying some other diseases.  Would the shelter be willing to lend you traps?  Anyway, I'd be careful and not handle these critters till you know they aren't rabid. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1486 on: October 27, 2019, 07:12:15 pm »
The cat came back,
The very next day!

That's good to hear, @TomSea!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1487 on: October 27, 2019, 07:20:30 pm »
Yes, I am aware of the problems rabies might be and besides that, I heard one authority say the shots per rabies can be costly. A good reminder. This cat was gone since May at least. So, it was good to see it. It's so surprising that he'd remember me. I have no idea where he could have been.  So, more like he was gone 4-5 months. I've seen that happen though and the males at least, some feel the need to wonder.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1488 on: October 27, 2019, 08:22:59 pm »
For our neighborhood, there is a state trooper and his wife, they got married this past spring but curiously enough, they are into "animal rescue" and in their backyard, they have what they call a "Catio", meaning, they take care of cats. I wonder if Smokey could be living down there and he just happened to get out today. Maybe soon, I will try to get some pictures.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1489 on: October 27, 2019, 08:31:06 pm »
Keep us posted @TomSea

Offline corbe

« Reply #1490 on: October 28, 2019, 09:36:12 pm »
   I didn't know where to put this, some interesting info here.

'Special breed of courageous': Delta Force operator hails valor of military dog wounded in Baghdadi raid

by Russ Read

October 27, 2019 10:27 PM

Though no U.S. forces were killed in the Saturday evening raid that led to the death of an ISIS leader, one military working dog suffered severe injuries in the line of duty.

The dog, whose name and breed remain unknown, chased Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi into a tunnel and cornered him. With no place to go, the terrorist leader blew himself up along with three of his children, who he was using as human shields. The dog’s injuries highlighted the importance of military working dogs in special operations. Often, they will enter the danger zone with a camera on their backs before the humans do so.

"The dog is a war veteran and a valued member of the team," a currently serving soldier assigned to Delta Force told the Washington Examiner. The soldier did not provide details, pending permission from the dog's handler and chain of command. Everyone involved in the mission is being debriefed and is out of communication for the time being, the soldier said. Within the community, he says, "The injury to the dog is an injury to one of us. These dogs are a special breed of courageous."

Military working dogs are essential teammates for U.S. soldiers, especially in the counterinsurgency and counterterrorism operations that followed the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001. But the dogs used by the military’s most elite units are elite themselves. Like their human counterparts, they are hand-picked to serve in units like Delta Force, the Army Rangers, and the Navy SEALs.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/special-breed-of-courageous-delta-force-operator-hails-valor-of-military-dog-wounded-in-baghdadi-raid
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1491 on: October 28, 2019, 10:39:26 pm »
@corbe I was going to post but couldn’t figure out where. GMTA .

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-photo-dog-al-baghdadi-raid

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1492 on: November 08, 2019, 12:51:08 am »
You'll never guess this one....

https://twitter.com/omarpy20/status/1192508487621853184

I wonder where this happened?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 12:52:36 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1493 on: November 08, 2019, 01:33:43 pm »
Cat credited with saving baby from falling down the stairs

A cat in Bogota, Colombia, is being credited with saving a little boy’s life after security footage uploaded to Facebook last Friday showed it leap in front of the one-year-old to keep him from falling down a staircase.

See more at: https://www.foxnews.com/world/cat-credited-with-saving-baby-from-falling-down-the-stairs

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #1494 on: November 08, 2019, 03:53:20 pm »
@TomSea

Thanks for the posts!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1495 on: November 08, 2019, 04:02:27 pm »

A cat in Bogota, Colombia, is being credited with saving a little boy’s life after security footage uploaded to Facebook last Friday showed it leap in front of the one-year-old to keep him from falling down a staircase.

See more at: https://www.foxnews.com/world/cat-credited-with-saving-baby-from-falling-down-the-stairs

Cats rule.  ****cute kitty

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1496 on: November 08, 2019, 04:05:30 pm »
Our cats would have pushed the baby down the stairs. 22222frying pan
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1497 on: November 08, 2019, 04:08:49 pm »
Our cats would have pushed the baby down the stairs. 22222frying pan

And into the box of donuts. @Cyber Liberty

Offline verga

« Reply #1498 on: November 08, 2019, 04:25:11 pm »

When I lived up north we had a dog that thought he was a herder He was a cockapoo. The neighbor kid was in my front yard while I was doing some lawn work. Nest thing i know he is barking (the dog, not the kid) I look up and the kid had been walking toward the street. Shadow got between him and the road and pushing him back. When the kid kept trying Shadow let me know. I very politely explained to his mother that it might be a good Idea for her to keep her kid in her yard.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline corbe

« Reply #1499 on: November 10, 2019, 06:09:15 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.