Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 492664 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2012, 01:09:35 am »
OMg I love Teddy...typical bully...thanks Rap

Funny thing is my best friends (two cockers and a tea cup sized silkie) has a cocker who is a parti with coloring very similar to the bullies and he is large-boned like a bullie... he also has a disposition much more like a bullie than a cocker -- about the only thing that gets him excited is the door bell... he had his spot on the couch and it is his and no one else and if you say something to you he give you "that look" that says bug off .. he absolutely cracks me up all the time with his body language... he will go outside to do his business and then right back to the couch.....   he doesn't like the sound of his dish moving on the floor so they have to put his food dish in a dog bed on the floor and then he stretches his body wayyyyyyyyyyyy out to eat and then back to his couch....  they told me when they went to get a puppy and Marci had never really had any dogs growing up and had no clue about how to choose, her husband said "just don't get the male" and this dog looked over his shoulder when he said that and gave him the dirtiest look they cracked up and said we have to have that dog -- the male....  it really is true they choose you not the other way around.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2012, 01:14:11 am »
Funny thing is my best friends (two cockers and a tea cup sized silkie) has a cocker who is a parti with coloring very similar to the bullies and he is large-boned like a bullie... he also has a disposition much more like a bullie than a cocker -- about the only thing that gets him excited is the door bell... he had his spot on the couch and it is his and no one else and if you say something to you he give you "that look" that says bug off .. he absolutely cracks me up all the time with his body language... he will go outside to do his business and then right back to the couch.....   he doesn't like the sound of his dish moving on the floor so they have to put his food dish in a dog bed on the floor and then he stretches his body wayyyyyyyyyyyy out to eat and then back to his couch....  they told me when they went to get a puppy and Marci had never really had any dogs growing up and had no clue about how to choose, her husband said "just don't get the male" and this dog looked over his shoulder when he said that and gave him the dirtiest look they cracked up and said we have to have that dog -- the male....  it really is true they choose you not the other way around.

Well when we went to get our new pup we were going to get one of the 2 females they had...but this little guy wouldn't leave us alone..he kept climbing over his bros and sisters to get to us and wanting us to pick him up...needless to say that is who we came home with...and you are exactly right..the best pup is when they choose you..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2012, 08:19:32 pm »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline raml

« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2012, 05:08:05 am »
Here is a few of my younger ferrets Harry 6 months old and Gizmo who is 4 months old and Sweetie Pie who is 8 months

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2012, 09:07:13 pm »
Where do you keep them???

Offline raml

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2012, 08:20:42 am »
I have a huge master bedroom so I put 6 very large cages in it with all their toys and furniture I have for them plus my queen size bed,bed stands and dressers and a huge tv. I call it my ferret room I just sleep in it. I have an office and a guest bedroom but like them being in my room. I have 2 air purifiers and fans in the room and I keep the cages clean and change all their liters every day so only a faint ferret smell which I happen to like. I live alone so they keep me company along with my 2 cats and dog. I let half of them out for 8 hours and then the other half out for 8 hours so only 14 at a time are loose in the room and if I am in the room watching tv they always join me up on the bed. They sleep 18 hours a day so usually they are asleep under the bed or in their little beds I have scattered over the room. They are clean animals like cats and go in liters that I have in their cages and around the room.  I do allow 6 ferrets to be out 100% of the time since they are ones that won't bug me all night and they let me sleep although they will get me up in the morning. I do have 10 that I rescued out of the 28 I have at this time. Over the years I have had a total of 46 ferrets they live 8 or 9 yrs usually but do get cancers and I had 1 with a heart disease. Right now I have 2 that are adrenal and on medication and 1 with Juvenile Lymphoma which means Thunder won't live to much longer and is only 11 months old but it is incurable so you just baby them and give them their meds and when the time is near have them put to sleep he is the 3rd ferret I have had that has gotten this I hate this form of cancer it is so cruel. In February I had one Petie who was only 10 months old when he died the vet thought he was probably born with it he was only 3 months old when diagnosed. He fought the good battle and lived 3 months longer than the vet thought he would. Well that is my story about my ferrets and how I keep them

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2012, 11:34:58 pm »
Well, it sounds like you take good care of them and they keep you company.  Can't ask for much more than that.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2012, 05:20:24 am »
A pet thread!

Awesome!

We are a dog family. I once had cats, and once was enough (no offense to cat people). We've had several dogs over the years, with this one being the current Queen of The Known Universe...Ashley (on her favorite pillow).

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2012, 05:23:54 am »
She's cute.  I have never seen a Schnauzer so quiet, though! 

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2012, 05:37:03 am »
She's cute.  I have never seen a Schnauzer so quiet, though!

The boys had exhausted her playing her favorite game..."chase me".
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2012, 05:47:40 am »
The boys had exhausted her playing her favorite game..."chase me".

Makes sense......... 

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2012, 01:51:30 am »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2012, 02:08:48 am »

~LOL~ 

My niece has a cat and she has been studying for her MCAT... she posted a pic on FB that cracked me up.......

No problem, Emmaleigh. I can just study around you.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2012, 02:15:35 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2012, 02:15:59 am »
Where is she applying to med school?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2012, 02:16:20 am »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2012, 02:18:54 am »
Where is she applying to med school?

She hasn't said for sure, I think she is leaning to UC San Francisco because she can get in-state tuition, but she graduated from UCI and would probably have an easier time getting in there, they severely limit the number of female candidates they accept into medical school...  she is working a special program at a major hospital in OC and loving it... she wants to be a Neurosurgeon.  Her latest rotation is on the Gamma Knife... she was very excited about this rotation.

« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2012, 02:19:21 am »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2012, 02:20:07 am »
Oh, myyyyyyyyyyyyyy

« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2012, 02:21:31 am »
She hasn't said for sure, I think she is leaning to UC San Francisco because she can get in-state tuition, but she graduated from UCI and would probably have an easier time getting in there, they severely limit the number of female candidates they accept into medical school...  she is working a special program at a major hospital in OC and loving it... she wants to be a Neurosurgeon.  Her latest rotation is on the Gamma Knife... she was very excited about this rotation.

You know, in all my years in this, I don't think I have EVER met a female neurosurgeon.  I'd never thought about that until now.  Best of luck to her!

« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2012, 02:22:17 am »
Oh, myyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Well, if you'll notice, there are 2 of every kitten, but its still a cute pic.

« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2012, 02:23:30 am »

They're ALL so cute, aren't they?  I call them all God's stuffed animals. 

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2012, 02:24:07 am »
Well, if you'll notice, there are 2 of every kitten, but its still a cute pic.

Nothing cuter than baby animals.....