Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 500285 times)

Offline verga

Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #1700 on: October 26, 2020, 04:13:38 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Interesting. I wonder where he is now, politically. I'd be curious to learn if he traveled the far-left road, or did his decent side kick in.

Anyway, since this isn't a thread about Ash or TOS but rather about pets, I'll pivot to this video. How I admire people who invest their time and effort to help dogs like this!
I'm not crying you're crying. One of our first fosters was a bonded brother /sister Chi pair. Manny was normal weight. Trixie was about double her weight. We put her on a diet and she lost about 3 lbs and she was able to go for walks. The woman that adopted them was a vet tech and she was able to do the whole diet /therapy thing and in about 3 months she was at the weight she was supposed to be. it was amazing to see her active.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #1701 on: October 26, 2020, 04:28:59 pm »
I'm not crying you're crying. One of our first fosters was a bonded brother /sister Chi pair. Manny was normal weight. Trixie was about double her weight. We put her on a diet and she lost about 3 lbs and she was able to go for walks. The woman that adopted them was a vet tech and she was able to do the whole diet /therapy thing and in about 3 months she was at the weight she was supposed to be. it was amazing to see her active.

@verga

God bless you for your selfless investment in that dog's life. Here's a dog kiss for your kindness... :doglick:

And, yes, I cried. I'm fine with that. I love a good happy cry.  3333hugs

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline verga

« Reply #1702 on: October 26, 2020, 06:29:57 pm »
@verga

God bless you for your selfless investment in that dog's life. Here's a dog kiss for your kindness... :doglick:

And, yes, I cried. I'm fine with that. I love a good happy cry.  3333hugs
@AllThatJazzZ Thank you. Our most recent foster just left on Saturday. Just found out we might be getting her back. She is a Pitti pointer mix. She was severely abused. TERRIFIED of her own shadow. A long walk was once around the front yard. Vergette and i worked and worked with her. Got her to where she loves going for walks, the longer the better. She was still scared of things and would occasionally flinch when I went to pet her, but if I lay down for a nap she would cuddle next to me, and when I was on the recliner if Raimo was not up there she would jump up to get petted. She adores my wife and would just lay on the couch with her head on Vergettes lap for hours. I told them it is going to take at least 2 weeks for her to adjust. They said no problem. Sorry for venting.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline berdie

« Reply #1703 on: October 26, 2020, 07:50:47 pm »
@Gefn
Thank you, right now she is doing crazy dog racing around our coffee table  :silly:

Beautiful pup @GtHawk . you can't believe how much that make me want one. :laugh: A Lab pup would make me so happy. But your post reminds me how insane they can get. Your pictures remind me how BIG they get. (I know you wrote she is a Mastador)

Although I adore big dogs and puppies...at this stage in my life I'll eventually get an older rescue and smaller breed, dang it.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #1704 on: October 26, 2020, 08:24:14 pm »

Beautiful pup @GtHawk . you can't believe how much that make me want one. :laugh: A Lab pup would make me so happy. But your post reminds me how insane they can get. Your pictures remind me how BIG they get. (I know you wrote she is a Mastador)

Although I adore big dogs and puppies...at this stage in my life I'll eventually get an older rescue and smaller breed, dang it.
Thank you. We talked about an older rescue but  after having just lost our old guy neither of us could face a shortened time with an older dog. I have great admiration for those who adopt older dogs and give them a chance at the love they deserve. The thing about big dogs is you rarely step on them or trip when they get underfoot  happy77, though with an all black dog they are sometimes very hard to see in dim light.

Offline berdie

« Reply #1705 on: October 26, 2020, 08:58:31 pm »
I agree @GtHawk regarding tripping over a big guy. But I have problems now helping them up in a vehicle if they can't do it themselves. My neighbors are more decrepit   than I am. I'm thinking along the line of an older beagle. Maybe I could see one and not trip...or not, lol.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #1706 on: October 26, 2020, 09:45:35 pm »
I agree @GtHawk regarding tripping over a big guy. But I have problems now helping them up in a vehicle if they can't do it themselves. My neighbors are more decrepit   than I am. I'm thinking along the line of an older beagle. Maybe I could see one and not trip...or not, lol.
@berdie
Oh believe me I understand, I have been disabled for a number of years and my old guy was 150# and my car a Toyota Corolla. I had to remove the back seat and help him in, the last year his hips were so bad we didn't go anywhere and that was one reason we had the vet come to our home to euthanize him, that and it gave us more time with him and less trauma for him. Beagles are nice dogs and have a great voice.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #1707 on: November 16, 2020, 10:11:41 pm »
This is what my puppy does when she's had enough of playing, she gathers all her toys up around her to keep me from throwing them any more.

Not even 5 months and she is already a controlling female!
  :silly:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1708 on: November 16, 2020, 10:17:22 pm »
This is what my puppy does when she's had enough of playing, she gathers all her toys up around her to keep me from throwing them any more.

HAHAHAHA! So Chewy ain't so good at fetch. I'll throw the ball a couple times and he'll go get it and bring it back.... A couple more times he'll go get it, but won't bring it back...

Then I'll throw it, he'll go get it, go to the back fence, stick his head through the cattle panel and drop the ball on the ground, and then go lay down somewhere...

And LAUGH...

As he watches me go out the front gate, walk all the way around to the back fence, and fetch the ball for him. That's usually when I am all done playing ball.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #1709 on: November 16, 2020, 10:51:43 pm »
HAHAHAHA! So Chewy ain't so good at fetch. I'll throw the ball a couple times and he'll go get it and bring it back.... A couple more times he'll go get it, but won't bring it back...

Then I'll throw it, he'll go get it, go to the back fence, stick his head through the cattle panel and drop the ball on the ground, and then go lay down somewhere...

And LAUGH...

As he watches me go out the front gate, walk all the way around to the back fence, and fetch the ball for him. That's usually when I am all done playing ball.
That's not so bad, my late Rocky would only play with one of those soft frisbees that are for pools and once when he had enough he took it off to the side dropped it and pissed on it, as if to say since you don't understand plain dogish let me be perfectly clear..........

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1710 on: November 16, 2020, 11:52:47 pm »
That's not so bad, my late Rocky would only play with one of those soft frisbees that are for pools and once when he had enough he took it off to the side dropped it and pissed on it, as if to say since you don't understand plain dogish let me be perfectly clear..........

:silly: :beer:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1711 on: November 17, 2020, 03:17:48 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #1712 on: November 20, 2020, 07:07:06 am »

Nothing to do but laugh when these things happen.

One day I came home from work to find the living room and dining room covered with what looked like popcorn. My little rescued urchin had found a place on my loveseat that was starting to show a little wear, so she dug right in and shredded a decent hunk out of the cushion. It looked like the thing had exploded all over the rooms. Thrifty me just turned the cushion over and no one was the wiser. This happened way before everyone had a camera at the ready, but I do wish I had a picture of the mess I came home to that day. I adored that little dog!

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline verga

« Reply #1713 on: November 20, 2020, 12:37:20 pm »

One day I came home from work to find the living room and dining room covered with what looked like popcorn. My little rescued urchin had found a place on my loveseat that was starting to show a little wear, so she dug right in and shredded a decent hunk out of the cushion. It looked like the thing had exploded all over the rooms. Thrifty me just turned the cushion over and no one was the wiser. This happened way before everyone had a camera at the ready, but I do wish I had a picture of the mess I came home to that day. I adored that little dog!
Had a foster Chi that with his own toy squeaky stuffed duck, that he was very proud of and carried everywhere.Vergette and I went out to a movie and when we came back there were pieces parts EVERYWHERE. Levi was sitting on the couch with the squeaky in his mouth making noise. I miss that little monster. We almost kept that one.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1714 on: November 20, 2020, 03:52:52 pm »

$600 dollar pair of Tony Lamas... It wasn't the money really, it was that I *just* got em broke in...
For those that don't know.... cowboy boots are hell and then some... notoriously painful to break in...

The pup in question was Charles the 1st (I have had 2.5 dogs named Charlie). There was a drunken stupor involved. Having returned home to retire, I just kicked my boots off and found a nice place to pass out. And when I awoke, one of those boots was torn to smithereens...

The other remained, passed around the womenfolk for years - a vile reminder to me of that awful day... It was fashionable at the time to put a vase in an old boot as a decoration... And that boot held floral arrangements for a long time.

That was the last pair of expensive boots I ever bought.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1715 on: November 29, 2020, 07:41:25 am »
James Woods
@RealJamesWoods

Last minute save! A great moment in sports. Superb narration.

Video:

https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/1329692183201423363

2:44 AM · Nov 20, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1716 on: November 29, 2020, 07:44:03 am »
WeRateDogs®
@dog_rates

This is Khan. He’s the sneakiest shoe stealer on the planet. Has never ever been caught... until now.

Video:

https://twitter.com/dog_rates/status/1329239629757882370

8:46 PM · Nov 18, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #1717 on: December 01, 2020, 04:48:47 am »
Cat wanted out, she always wants out at night, but this was a little earlier than usual....

I being the sly dog I am (and more of a dog person).... decided today was perfect time to take the cat out early, cause I knew something she didn't. That it snowed and was still snowing... about one half inch of snow on the car. I took her outside and placed her on top of the car and she just froze (instead of dashing off as usual).... I stepped back to watch her from a distance and she just stood there for a couple of minutes.... I left her cause I wanted her to get her fill of going outside quick...

The wife came back and found her little darlin a begging to go back inside.... tonight our little Ginger killer (she hunts at night, mostly shrews and mice) will be happy inside.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline verga

« Reply #1718 on: December 01, 2020, 10:59:10 am »
Cat wanted out, she always wants out at night, but this was a little earlier than usual....

I being the sly dog I am (and more of a dog person).... decided today was perfect time to take the cat out early, cause I knew something she didn't. That it snowed and was still snowing... about one half inch of snow on the car. I took her outside and placed her on top of the car and she just froze (instead of dashing off as usual).... I stepped back to watch her from a distance and she just stood there for a couple of minutes.... I left her cause I wanted her to get her fill of going outside quick...

The wife came back and found her little darlin a begging to go back inside.... tonight our little Ginger killer (she hunts at night, mostly shrews and mice) will be happy inside.
I would have loved to see a picture of that. Kind of like the Jaguar hood ornament.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1719 on: December 15, 2020, 03:41:19 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1720 on: December 15, 2020, 11:07:10 am »

Kitties are smart. They really are. Bless em
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #1721 on: December 16, 2020, 01:34:30 am »

We adopted her 3.5 years ago.  Smartest dog I have ever seen.  I could tell you things she does, and it would leave you believing that maybe there is reincarnation, and just maybe she was once a human.  It is very eerie.

She runs our whole house, literally.  So many things that she does have my wife and I laughing all day.  When she decides it is time for you to get up in the morning, she will start with a gentle "hmm", and it gradually gets louder 3 or 4 more times, and then she barks at you.  Well, I was awake with the first "hmm".  I will lay there and pretend I am still sleeping, and she will leap on the bed and start nudging me gently with her paw on my shoulder.  She nudges me more firmly 3 or 4 more times.  I still pretend to sleep.  Then she starts pulling down the covers on the bed.  Sheet, blanket, and bedspread, all pulled down.  By then, I can't keep a straight face, and she gets all excited when I move.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 01:40:49 am by jafo2010 »

Offline verga

« Reply #1722 on: December 16, 2020, 11:52:04 am »
We adopted her 3.5 years ago.  Smartest dog I have ever seen.  I could tell you things she does, and it would leave you believing that maybe there is reincarnation, and just maybe she was once a human.  It is very eerie.

She runs our whole house, literally.  So many things that she does have my wife and I laughing all day.  When she decides it is time for you to get up in the morning, she will start with a gentle "hmm", and it gradually gets louder 3 or 4 more times, and then she barks at you.  Well, I was awake with the first "hmm".  I will lay there and pretend I am still sleeping, and she will leap on the bed and start nudging me gently with her paw on my shoulder.  She nudges me more firmly 3 or 4 more times.  I still pretend to sleep.  Then she starts pulling down the covers on the bed.  Sheet, blanket, and bedspread, all pulled down.  By then, I can't keep a straight face, and she gets all excited when I move.
:thumbsup: Dogs make our lives complete.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1723 on: December 16, 2020, 04:20:33 pm »

Mine will lick my face when she thinks it's time for me to get up.  It's weirdest thing, when I take her to my 90 yr old mom's she tries to take care of my mom and never leaves her side.  They are amazing creatures....

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1724 on: December 16, 2020, 09:37:39 pm »
Teddy