Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 499426 times)

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #1675 on: September 14, 2020, 04:19:42 pm »
@GtHawk

Who cares what anyone thinks?  Anyway, all the best to you and your new companion.  BTW, don't worry.  Dixie will get used to your routine and schedule.
@Applewood

Well we should have waited a bit to let her personality come out how she responded, she just didn't seem to like Dixie but does respond to Smokey, so Smokey it is. I spent the first two nights on the couch next to her so my wife could get some sleep, seemed fair since she is the one still working.
I have to say that the little girl is very well mannered and only low volume whimpering  for a few minutes when I left her alone for the night and now less than a week in she is just fine all by herself at night. Next big thing is getting her housebroken, she is doing pretty good using the training pads and loves the Costco chicken and rice biscuits(small pieces) as a reward. After the way my Rocky devoured them and now seeing her reaction I have come to the conclusion that Costco puts doggie drugs in their biscuits :silly:

Online corbe

« Reply #1676 on: September 22, 2020, 06:40:19 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1677 on: October 06, 2020, 04:34:24 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1678 on: October 06, 2020, 04:54:31 pm »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #1679 on: October 06, 2020, 10:12:04 pm »
Is that cat artist's name, "Norman"...?

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #1680 on: October 11, 2020, 10:27:16 pm »
Rules are rules.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1681 on: October 12, 2020, 10:59:21 am »
Rules are rules.

That was all my cats. :)

Online corbe

« Reply #1682 on: October 19, 2020, 05:32:49 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1683 on: October 19, 2020, 05:47:51 pm »
HEY!!!  My Jack Russell was trained to use a litter box when I got her.  You can't believe how wonderful this is not to have to get up in the middle of the night to let her out the back door.

I've had a dog door most all my life... So the dog can get out to kick ass if needed. If I had a cat, it would be trained to use the door and go outside. There are cat doors up high in the barn, so the cats can come and go, but critters ain't able or likely to use. Cats don't like to crap where they live... and will go outdoors if they have the opportunity.

So will I  :shrug:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1684 on: October 19, 2020, 08:59:58 pm »
When I bought my house years ago, I was going to get a dog.  But I was working long hours and weekends.  Thought it would not be good to leave a dog alone for so long.  So I had cats.

About crime fighting -- I once read a story about a woman who woke up one night to a would-be rapist on top of her.  She tried to fight him off and was not doing so well.  But then her cat got into it with the perp.  Ripped his face up something fierce.  He fled, but was apprehended at a hospital emergency room.  He had one of the cat's claws embedded in his cheek and he was in a lot of pain.  LOL

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1685 on: October 22, 2020, 06:38:35 pm »
𝓐𝓼𝓱
@Ash_2040

And the Oscar Award Goes to

Video:

https://twitter.com/Ash_2040/status/1319036125642719234

6:01 PM · Oct 21, 2020·Twitter for Android

Offline aligncare

« Reply #1686 on: October 22, 2020, 06:58:51 pm »

Online GtHawk

« Reply #1687 on: October 26, 2020, 03:03:33 am »
A week shy of four months and Smokey has reached the 30 pound mark. I consider us very lucky, no accidents inside and sleeps through the night without a sound or accident. However she is now tall enough to stand up and take things off the kitchen counters.

My daughter has a Cane Corso that is just a few days younger but weighs ten pounds more, watching them wrestle is a blast!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1688 on: October 26, 2020, 03:15:53 am »
A week shy of four months and Smokey has reached the 30 pound mark. I consider us very lucky, no accidents inside and sleeps through the night without a sound or accident. However she is now tall enough to stand up and take things off the kitchen counters.

My daughter has a Cane Corso that is just a few days younger but weighs ten pounds more, watching them wrestle is a blast!

She's a beaut @GtHawk Are you gonna train her toward waterfowl or upland birds? Them labs are all they use up in here for water. I am more an upland guy... And while my malamutes caught on to the game, they always ate em before they brought em back

My buddy back in the day had labs for fetching down on the river, and another buddy had him some kind of mottled brown/white pointer for upland... another had hounds for treeing cougars.

My ol malamute was good for nothing till we got out on the trail and a bear came along... Or if we were coyote hunting... the hard part keeping him off em till we got a shot off... But man, I don't like being in the woods without a big ol mountain dog.

Online GtHawk

« Reply #1689 on: October 26, 2020, 03:30:56 am »
She's a beaut @GtHawk Are you gonna train her toward waterfowl or upland birds? Them labs are all they use up in here for water. I am more an upland guy... And while my malamutes caught on to the game, they always ate em before they brought em back

My buddy back in the day had labs for fetching down on the river, and another buddy had him some kind of mottled brown/white pointer for upland... another had hounds for treeing cougars.

My ol malamute was good for nothing till we got out on the trail and a bear came along... Or if we were coyote hunting... the hard part keeping him off em till we got a shot off... But man, I don't like being in the woods without a big ol mountain dog.
@roamer_1
Hmmm, well she's half Lab half English Mastiff and if she's anything like my last Mastador (gotta love their name) she will probably hate the water. I only went hunting once about forty years ago and that was with my brother in law for deer. He so pissed me off, left me almost five miles from camp and split that it left me with bad feelings for him and hunting. Anyway down here in SoCal I really didn't have an opportunity to try hunting again. The other thing that shied me away from hunting was all the lunatics with buck fever and how many times someone shot in my direction. Seemed to me I had better odds going to Watts stepping out on the street and yelling the 'N" word.

Thanks for compliment she is a beauty and has a great disposition. It's getting fun outside because she has really started paying attention to scents and taking a keen interest in the doves and other birds

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1690 on: October 26, 2020, 03:51:14 am »
@roamer_1
Hmmm, well she's half Lab half English Mastiff and if she's anything like my last Mastador (gotta love their name) she will probably hate the water. I only went hunting once about forty years ago and that was with my brother in law for deer. He so pissed me off, left me almost five miles from camp and split that it left me with bad feelings for him and hunting. Anyway down here in SoCal I really didn't have an opportunity to try hunting again. The other thing that shied me away from hunting was all the lunatics with buck fever and how many times someone shot in my direction. Seemed to me I had better odds going to Watts stepping out on the street and yelling the 'N" word.

Thanks for compliment she is a beauty and has a great disposition. It's getting fun outside because she has really started paying attention to scents and taking a keen interest in the doves and other birds

@GtHawk
Aw that's alright... I just wondered because the training is so much fun. Chewy is a cow dog. different sort of training, but a lot the same. Every thing I taught him right from the start had a command and a gesture... and soon enough he'd answer to either... I should have done the same with whistles as it turns out, but he stays in view most the time...  so the gestures work alright.

He will go gee or haw in the field, as well as forward and hold. I can get him to search back and forth, or one way or another also in the field, all by gesture. Still kinda dumb alongside horseback... all this time and he still ain't figured out the horse is the one on point.

All that and he's only been to herd a handful of times... Mostly we just show up at the barn and I get things ready... And if they ain't up by then (horses mainly), I'll say, "Chew, go get em", pr "Go get em up", whereupon he'll saunter over to the top of the hill, sit down and bark once... and wait for them to come to him. Lazy ol dog. That's most of his driving talent in practice.  :shrug:

It's a something though... They like something to do...

Online GtHawk

« Reply #1691 on: October 26, 2020, 04:14:03 am »
@GtHawk
Aw that's alright... I just wondered because the training is so much fun. Chewy is a cow dog. different sort of training, but a lot the same. Every thing I taught him right from the start had a command and a gesture... and soon enough he'd answer to either... I should have done the same with whistles as it turns out, but he stays in view most the time...  so the gestures work alright.

He will go gee or haw in the field, as well as forward and hold. I can get him to search back and forth, or one way or another also in the field, all by gesture. Still kinda dumb alongside horseback... all this time and he still ain't figured out the horse is the one on point.

All that and he's only been to herd a handful of times... Mostly we just show up at the barn and I get things ready... And if they ain't up by then (horses mainly), I'll say, "Chew, go get em", pr "Go get em up", whereupon he'll saunter over to the top of the hill, sit down and bark once... and wait for them to come to him. Lazy ol dog. That's most of his driving talent in practice.  :shrug:

It's a something though... They like something to do...
@roamer_1
Yeah I think I would have enjoyed growing up out in the country, never felt a real need to be around a lot of people, never liked it either. My dad though from rural Hungary was a shoemaker by trade as was his father and grandfather so fishing and hunting were never something he had time for, he was a master of his trade by nineteen. Now my mother's family were farmers in Hungary and my grandfather was, I am told, excellent with horses and other animals but again not a hunter or fisherman as they traded with others for fish and other things and by the time they came over and I was old enough he was in his sixties and didn't get around much.

Truth be told even in high school I would rather be out in a forest than around others, but  :shrug: you go with your choices and mine was to marry my first love at nineteen and start a family at twenty two and I never played the what if I had done it differently game. I am happy as I am if not where I am.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1692 on: October 26, 2020, 04:20:36 am »
I am happy as I am if not where I am.

@GtHawk
It's all good.  :beer:

Online GtHawk

« Reply #1693 on: October 26, 2020, 04:26:25 am »

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #1694 on: October 26, 2020, 06:36:40 am »
𝓐𝓼𝓱
@Ash_2040

And the Oscar Award Goes to

Video:

https://twitter.com/Ash_2040/status/1319036125642719234

6:01 PM · Oct 21, 2020·Twitter for Android

Just hilarious! Poor baby.

P.S. Did anyone else get an ***ASH ALERT*** vision just before clicking on the Tweet? Some things stay embedded in the brain for longer than we expect.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1695 on: October 26, 2020, 01:34:54 pm »

Just hilarious! Poor baby.

P.S. Did anyone else get an ***ASH ALERT*** vision just before clicking on the Tweet? Some things stay embedded in the brain for longer than we expect.

I used to talk to "Ash" on AOL, back in the day.  Yes, he was liberal, but he was more of a TOS troll than a far leftist.  He was actually a decent guy.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1696 on: October 26, 2020, 01:53:25 pm »
@GtHawk

Smokey is a beautiful doggy

Online GtHawk

« Reply #1697 on: October 26, 2020, 02:14:39 pm »
@GtHawk

Smokey is a beautiful doggy
@Gefn
Thank you, right now she is doing crazy dog racing around our coffee table  :silly:

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #1698 on: October 26, 2020, 03:06:50 pm »
I used to talk to "Ash" on AOL, back in the day.  Yes, he was liberal, but he was more of a TOS troll than a far leftist.  He was actually a decent guy.

@Cyber Liberty

Interesting. I wonder where he is now, politically. I'd be curious to learn if he traveled the far-left road, or did his decent side kick in.

Anyway, since this isn't a thread about Ash or TOS but rather about pets, I'll pivot to this video. How I admire people who invest their time and effort to help dogs like this!

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1699 on: October 26, 2020, 03:08:17 pm »
I love vids from Dodo....
I will NOT comply.