Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 500314 times)

Offline corbe

Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #1625 on: August 02, 2020, 06:57:15 pm »

Be prepared, like the good Girl Scout that you are @Gefn
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1626 on: August 03, 2020, 08:22:40 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1627 on: August 08, 2020, 06:36:37 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1628 on: August 08, 2020, 06:49:56 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1629 on: August 08, 2020, 06:55:38 pm »
It's Caturday!!!  happy77

:rolling:  *****rollingeyes*****   The cat is cute -- the joke ... well...not so much!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #1630 on: August 08, 2020, 10:19:36 pm »

We are getting a new puppy out of this litter of Mastadors, he will be one of the Fawn with black masks. The only issue is I'm down in SoCal and the breeder is up in Arlington, WA. That's a hell of a drive, about 1250 mi. one way and the most direct route hits both Portland and Seattle. Does anyone have experience or knowledge of flying with a puppy as carry on because that is supposed to be about $160 round trip, way cheaper than gas alone for driving. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. Oh and poor momma has to contend with 12 hungry kids.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1631 on: August 08, 2020, 10:39:52 pm »

We are getting a new puppy out of this litter of Mastadors, he will be one of the Fawn with black masks. The only issue is I'm down in SoCal and the breeder is up in Arlington, WA. That's a hell of a drive, about 1250 mi. one way and the most direct route hits both Portland and Seattle. Does anyone have experience or knowledge of flying with a puppy as carry on because that is supposed to be about $160 round trip, way cheaper than gas alone for driving. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. Oh and poor momma has to contend with 12 hungry kids.

I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1632 on: August 09, 2020, 12:01:55 am »
@GtHawk

Those pups are precious.  Yep, Mama has her hands full. 

About flying with a pup -- I never have done it, but I suggest you ask the airline what their policies are.  They may have certain specifications for the carrier, plus other rules and regulations. 

Good luck with your new addition. 

Offline corbe

« Reply #1633 on: August 09, 2020, 12:54:56 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #1634 on: August 10, 2020, 07:42:00 pm »

And here's why I will always be a dog person. Having a cat would require my being in therapy for the rest of my life to deal with the rejection. Hanging with my dog who adores me is my therapy. My dogs think I'm perfect. Who am I to argue?

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #1635 on: August 10, 2020, 07:56:35 pm »

OMG! PUPPY BREATH!!

So happy for you, @GtHawk . Male or female? When do you get your new family member?

I don't know anything about traveling with a puppy, but I did travel from L.A. to Houston with an adult dog that was a little too large to be in the cabin of the plane. I WILL NEVER DO IT AGAIN. My baby was terrified and had tinkled all over herself. They promise to keep the space where the animals travel comfortable and with proper air pressure, but who really knows. Over the years you hear horror stories, and I thank God that she was okay when I retrieved her. But after that experience, I'll never take another dog on an airplane unless it can be with me. I would drive for days before I'd put another dog through that.

You might want to keep in mind that a puppy that has just been taken from its mother and littermates would probably be crying and whining a lot. Other passengers might not be too thrilled about that, so there's that to consider.

Congrats on your new addition. 

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #1636 on: August 10, 2020, 08:12:20 pm »

OMG! PUPPY BREATH!!

So happy for you, @GtHawk . Male or female? When do you get your new family member?

I don't know anything about traveling with a puppy, but I did travel from L.A. to Houston with an adult dog that was a little too large to be in the cabin of the plane. I WILL NEVER DO IT AGAIN. My baby was terrified and had tinkled all over herself. They promise to keep the space where the animals travel comfortable and with proper air pressure, but who really knows. Over the years you hear horror stories, and I thank God that she was okay when I retrieved her. But after that experience, I'll never take another dog on an airplane unless it can be with me. I would drive for days before I'd put another dog through that.

You might want to keep in mind that a puppy that has just been taken from its mother and littermates would probably be crying and whining a lot. Other passengers might not be too thrilled about that, so there's that to consider.

Congrats on your new addition.
@AllThatJazzZ
The puppy will be a male fawn/w black mask. The puppies are only five weeks right now so we will get it in the start of September. Since he will still be small, twenty pounds or so, I was hoping to be able to take him in cabin with me. He will be my ESA in time and I will also train him to be a therapy dog, Mastadors are a very empathetic breed. Unlike my previous one this puppy will be at least second or third generation which means there should be more health benefits from the mix.

As for his possible crying or whining we intend to have a towel or blanket with the mother and siblings scent to help calm him and it's like a two and a half hour flight. Other passengers? I have been on a five hour flight with other people not doing spit while their children cried, yelled and screamed and numerous short flights with the same experience........................so my turn? I would prefer to fly if I can because other wise it's about 1250 miles and twenty hours one way up the I5 and that takes me thru every shit storm city on the west coast! Flying would take me from a local airport by me to a local airport in the destination city.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1637 on: August 11, 2020, 11:34:32 am »
It's Caturday!!!  happy77

I missed it! @Cyber Liberty i hope all the kitties had a great day at the castle!
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1638 on: August 11, 2020, 11:39:38 am »

@GtHawk

Yay for the puppy and congratulations! I have flown with a small cat, from Newark to LA,  but no idea what to do with a two month old pup.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #1639 on: August 11, 2020, 06:16:10 pm »

And here's why I will always be a dog person. Having a cat would require my being in therapy for the rest of my life to deal with the rejection. Hanging with my dog who adores me is my therapy. My dogs think I'm perfect. Who am I to argue?
There are always exceptions. Many years ago when I managed MickeyD's there was a tiny kitten living om the parking lot, I spent months feeding her and talking to her trying to gain her trust. One day she came up to me and I grabbed her, tossed her in my car and took her home and locked her in a room. later that day my wife called me to ask if I happened to notice that the cat was major pregnant, turned out that I had brought home not one but eight cats :silly: That cat was as loyal as any dog, always greeted me when I came home and would play Fetch as long as I would throw the toy.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #1640 on: August 12, 2020, 06:21:54 am »
There are always exceptions. Many years ago when I managed MickeyD's there was a tiny kitten living om the parking lot, I spent months feeding her and talking to her trying to gain her trust. One day she came up to me and I grabbed her, tossed her in my car and took her home and locked her in a room. later that day my wife called me to ask if I happened to notice that the cat was major pregnant, turned out that I had brought home not one but eight cats :silly: That cat was as loyal as any dog, always greeted me when I came home and would play Fetch as long as I would throw the toy.

@GtHawk

Great story! I'm sure you saw to it that all the kittens got good homes.

There are 3 more things about cats that make them less than ideal for me.

1. They can jump and climb in places where dogs can't. I can't deal with having to be concerned about kitchen counters (I'm something of a germophobe), fragile things on bookshelves, etc. It's enough of a challenge to make sure there's not a hidden danger at a dog's level.

2. I honestly cannot do the litter box thing.

3. They shed. I know most dogs also shed, but I'm addicted to poodles, so I don't have to concern myself with dog hair. I'm a lazy person. I don't like to make more work for myself. When I rescued my first poodle in the 80s, I knew I'd found my breed.

Here's my little one-eyed geezer rescue. I didn't really want a boy dog, but this is the one God had in set aside for me. How could I say no? We celebrate one year together in October. 

« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 06:27:01 am by AllThatJazzZ »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1641 on: August 12, 2020, 08:37:08 am »
@AllThatJazzZ

The reason I always had cats was my erratic work life -- long hours, often 6 or 7 days a week.  A dog needs far more human attention than a cat and at the time, I could not be there for a dog.  I'm retired now, but because of disability, plus health issues that prohibit me from being outside during temperature extremes, I still can't have a dog.  Haven't had a cat since my last one passed because I bought new carpet and furniture and I wanted them to look good for a while.  Cats can be destructive to both. 

There are advantages and disadvantages to both dogs and cats.  But I do want to say that contrary to popular belief, cats can be good companions.  All three of my cats were for me    I could never sit on the sofa or go to bed without a cat joining me.  Great to curl up with on a cold winter night.

I love critters, sometimes more than people.  When I worked, after dealing with some awful people all day, I couldn't wait to go home to my cats.  One thing about dogs and cats is that they don't judge or criticize you.  Unlike people, it seemed that no matter what I said or did, my cats were ok with me.

Anyway, your buddy does indeed look handsome. Thanks for posting his photo.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1642 on: August 12, 2020, 11:14:26 am »
@AllThatJazzZ

Your boy is indeed handsome. Happy early birthday to him.

I’ve only had cats. I’ve found them delightful, wonderful companions. One was a snuggle bunny, one was more aloof, it took a while for her to come around but she was five when I adopted her.

I had a job where I worked next to a blind gentleman and when his dog, a black lab, was off leash, I could pet him. I’d bring him treats and I really grew to love him.

My sister last year adopted a puppy, dachshund, cocker spaniel mix. Olivia has become a member of our family. Yes, I love my furry niece, and yes “Auntie Gefn” buys lots of squeaky toys from online merchants.

But I think, deep down, if I had a choice between the two, I would probably go for another cat, even though my therapist wants me to get a dog to help me with all the grieving I’m still doing.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #1643 on: August 12, 2020, 05:21:12 pm »
@GtHawk

Great story! I'm sure you saw to it that all the kittens got good homes.

There are 3 more things about cats that make them less than ideal for me.

1. They can jump and climb in places where dogs can't. I can't deal with having to be concerned about kitchen counters (I'm something of a germophobe), fragile things on bookshelves, etc. It's enough of a challenge to make sure there's not a hidden danger at a dog's level.

2. I honestly cannot do the litter box thing.

3. They shed. I know most dogs also shed, but I'm addicted to poodles, so I don't have to concern myself with dog hair. I'm a lazy person. I don't like to make more work for myself. When I rescued my first poodle in the 80s, I knew I'd found my breed.

Here's my little one-eyed geezer rescue. I didn't really want a boy dog, but this is the one God had in set aside for me. How could I say no? We celebrate one year together in October.
@AllThatJazzZ
That's a good looking Bud you have there, and here I go getting myself in trouble, and a nice size. Sorry to all those out there with forever fur friends of the diminutive size but I have found them on the whole to be aggressive and noisy. Fortunately for me my wife and I had an already set arrangement that I cleaned up after the dogs and she took care of the cats.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #1644 on: August 12, 2020, 10:25:25 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ
That's a good looking Bud you have there, and here I go getting myself in trouble, and a nice size. Sorry to all those out there with forever fur friends of the diminutive size but I have found them on the whole to be aggressive and noisy. Fortunately for me my wife and I had an already set arrangement that I cleaned up after the dogs and she took care of the cats.

@GtHawk

Pardon me for scratching my head, but, after nearly 50 years (well, since 1974) of owning diminutive dogs, I've never had one that fits your description. None of them ever barked other than when it was appropriate (someone at the door, a loud noise nearby, etc.). They were never allowed to bark incessantly, so they just didn't -- even when the occasion for barking was appropriate. The only aggression any of them every showed was toward a sibling who might have side-eyed the contents of the dog bowl of the other. I had to break up a few tussles on those occasions, but even I, a diminutive woman, could reach in and separate a couple of snarling toy poodles who together weighed about 12 lbs. Finally, I didn't even hear the bark of my handsome new rescue until a couple or three months after I got him. It's still so rare to hear him bark that his bark is still foreign to my ears after almost a year.

None of my dinky dogs were ever aggressive toward any person or dog. I did get bitten once, though. It was when I was desperately trying to dig out a piece of food that was blocking my little girl's airway. She didn't cotton to having a finger stuck down her throat and her natural reflex was to chomp down on it. I was okay with that. I successfully dislodged the food and she began breathing and eating (!) again. I washed my wound and thanked God that I had rounded the corner just in time to find her on her side struggling to breathe. Another few seconds and... well, I can't bear to think about it.

I did have a barking, aggressive dog when I was a kid. I loved her like crazy, but she was not very nice to anyone other than our family. She was my sibling and my playmate, and I felt like I was dying when I lost her. She was a collie.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #1645 on: August 12, 2020, 11:11:34 pm »
@GtHawk

Pardon me for scratching my head, but, after nearly 50 years (well, since 1974) of owning diminutive dogs, I've never had one that fits your description. None of them ever barked other than when it was appropriate (someone at the door, a loud noise nearby, etc.). They were never allowed to bark incessantly, so they just didn't -- even when the occasion for barking was appropriate. The only aggression any of them every showed was toward a sibling who might have side-eyed the contents of the dog bowl of the other. I had to break up a few tussles on those occasions, but even I, a diminutive woman, could reach in and separate a couple of snarling toy poodles who together weighed about 12 lbs. Finally, I didn't even hear the bark of my handsome new rescue until a couple or three months after I got him. It's still so rare to hear him bark that his bark is still foreign to my ears after almost a year.

None of my dinky dogs were ever aggressive toward any person or dog. I did get bitten once, though. It was when I was desperately trying to dig out a piece of food that was blocking my little girl's airway. She didn't cotton to having a finger stuck down her throat and her natural reflex was to chomp down on it. I was okay with that. I successfully dislodged the food and she began breathing and eating (!) again. I washed my wound and thanked God that I had rounded the corner just in time to find her on her side struggling to breathe. Another few seconds and... well, I can't bear to think about it.

I did have a barking, aggressive dog when I was a kid. I loved her like crazy, but she was not very nice to anyone other than our family. She was my sibling and my playmate, and I felt like I was dying when I lost her. She was a collie.
@AllThatJazzZ
My experience says that while small dogs are loving with their owners and families they are very aggressive...........on the whole with larger dogs. Decades ago I had a Saint Bernard that weighed in at 225 and was a sweet dog but small dogs immediately snapped and growled and actually tried to bite him for no reason, and I had the same experience with my recently passed dog, over 99% of small dogs in my complex and there are a lot as well as on the side streets we walked became aggressive on sight. This is what I mean when I talk about aggression, and I hear the same from others that have large dogs.

Offline verga

« Reply #1646 on: August 13, 2020, 12:51:17 am »
@AllThatJazzZ
My experience says that while small dogs are loving with their owners and families they are very aggressive...........on the whole with larger dogs. Decades ago I had a Saint Bernard that weighed in at 225 and was a sweet dog but small dogs immediately snapped and growled and actually tried to bite him for no reason, and I had the same experience with my recently passed dog, over 99% of small dogs in my complex and there are a lot as well as on the side streets we walked became aggressive on sight. This is what I mean when I talk about aggression, and I hear the same from others that have large dogs.
Right now we are fostering a long hair Chi Female, weighs all of 6 lbs soaking wet. Gets along great with her brother, but anything thing else with 4 feet is fair game. She has two teeth left and is convinced she is a Pitbull Rottie mix. Cats, deer, squirrels, our dogs, anything is fair game for this little psycho. Loves to cuddle my wife and will snuggle me once in a while. But any other wee beasty.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #1647 on: August 13, 2020, 04:28:27 am »
Right now we are fostering a long hair Chi Female, weighs all of 6 lbs soaking wet. Gets along great with her brother, but anything thing else with 4 feet is fair game. She has two teeth left and is convinced she is a Pitbull Rottie mix. Cats, deer, squirrels, our dogs, anything is fair game for this little psycho. Loves to cuddle my wife and will snuggle me once in a while. But any other wee beasty.
I have nothing against small dogs, growing up I can't recall a single friend who had one though and the smallest dog we had were Basset Hounds, now there are clowns! But after my parents last Basset died they got a Shitzu and he was a great little dog, My son has a poodle mix and my mother now has a poodle mix(which hates big dogs). The thing about most of the small dogs I run into is what you describe, they envision themselves as big fearsome beasts or they just decide to launch a pre-emptive assault.

Offline corbe

« Reply #1648 on: August 16, 2020, 02:17:36 am »

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #1649 on: August 16, 2020, 02:16:26 pm »

Are liberals ever paper-trained? ****drummer
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.