Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 492688 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #1425 on: May 30, 2019, 03:41:18 pm »
@verga Dixie went on a walk for the first time in tow weeks. Did her full mile with no problem. :laugh:

:thumbsup:

The sound of prayers being answered!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1426 on: May 30, 2019, 03:45:16 pm »
@austingirl

Excellent!    Prayers up for Dixie's continued improvement.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #1427 on: June 05, 2019, 12:33:48 am »
Dixie is resting quietly after her first treatment. The second and final treatment is in two weeks. She tolerated the electrochemo well. The worst part was missing her breakfast. happy77
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1428 on: June 05, 2019, 12:40:18 am »
Dixie is resting quietly after her first treatment. The second and final treatment is in two weeks. She tolerated the electrochemo well. The worst part was missing her breakfast. happy77

happy77

:0001: :0001:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1429 on: June 05, 2019, 12:49:31 am »

Good for her!

Offline verga

« Reply #1430 on: June 05, 2019, 01:27:07 am »
Hang tough, both of you will get through this.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1431 on: June 05, 2019, 02:51:14 pm »
@Cyber Liberty @Sanguine @verga

Thanks for your well wishes. Dixie is getting lots of love.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1432 on: June 05, 2019, 03:09:46 pm »
@verga

I hope your Dixie feels better soon
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1433 on: June 05, 2019, 03:23:24 pm »
@verga

I hope your Dixie feels better soon

Sounds like she's doing better already, when the thing most upsetting thing is missing a breakfast...I hope she maintains that appetite through the rest of the treatment.  She's lucky to have @austingirl as a companion.
I will NOT comply.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1434 on: June 05, 2019, 04:33:01 pm »
Sounds like she's doing better already, when the thing most upsetting thing is missing a breakfast...I hope she maintains that appetite through the rest of the treatment.  She's lucky to have @austingirl as a companion.
@Cyber Liberty

And I'm  lucky to have her. She is fussed over and adored wherever she goes and she loves everybody. So special.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1435 on: June 25, 2019, 03:34:09 pm »

Dixie update. Little Dixie has a rare side effect from her electrochemotherapy treatment and cannot get another. She had a lot of tissue erosion, which on one hand indicates the treatment did a great job of killing cells, but she has a wound. It will take a few weeks before the area finishes scabbing and sloughing,but she will heal. She is otherwise back to normal and precious as ever. She saw a jackrabbit up close and personal on our walk this morning and it made her day.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1436 on: June 25, 2019, 04:00:14 pm »
@austingirl

Sorry to hear about Dixie's trouble with the electrochemotherapy.  So she will have to switch therapies?  Bummer!

Glad she is still active. Praying for her and for you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1437 on: June 25, 2019, 04:15:39 pm »
Great news overall, @austingirl.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1438 on: June 25, 2019, 04:38:27 pm »
@Applewood @Sanguine

Dixie won't need a different therapy. Many dogs only get one electrochemo treatment and have good prognoses. The doctor thinks this one treatment was very effective and she has a good chance at a normal life. I will monitor closely.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1439 on: June 25, 2019, 06:33:23 pm »
@austingirl

Thank you for clarifying.  Happy to know Dixie is doing well. 

BassWrangler

« Reply #1440 on: July 12, 2019, 01:16:19 am »
My son is moving back home for his last semester of college, rather than renew a 6 month lease in an apartment. He's bringing his cat with him, so I asked him to bring the cat over ahead of time to see how he and my dog would get along.

Unfortunately, I was too busy comforting the dog to get any really good pictures. My dog had this "oh, I'm not sure about this at all!" look on his face. The cat, on the other hand, was completely unconcerned about the dog and proceeded to explore the house.

Last night the cat could be heard roaming the house near our bedroom (he has a little bell on his color), and my poor dog was growling and clearly upset, so I ended up closing the door and he slept in there on the bed all night. Poor fellow.

Anyone experienced a similar dog/cat introduction?

Offline verga

« Reply #1441 on: July 12, 2019, 03:39:35 am »
My son is moving back home for his last semester of college, rather than renew a 6 month lease in an apartment. He's bringing his cat with him, so I asked him to bring the cat over ahead of time to see how he and my dog would get along.

Unfortunately, I was too busy comforting the dog to get any really good pictures. My dog had this "oh, I'm not sure about this at all!" look on his face. The cat, on the other hand, was completely unconcerned about the dog and proceeded to explore the house.

Last night the cat could be heard roaming the house near our bedroom (he has a little bell on his color), and my poor dog was growling and clearly upset, so I ended up closing the door and he slept in there on the bed all night. Poor fellow.

Anyone experienced a similar dog/cat introduction?
yes, as long as they are not openly aggressive to each other it will work out. If they're  you may need to seperate them and introduce them slowly.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

BassWrangler

« Reply #1442 on: July 12, 2019, 03:52:46 am »
yes, as long as they are not openly aggressive to each other it will work out. If they're  you may need to seperate them and introduce them slowly.

Thanks, @verga. There was no sign of aggression at all. My wife tells me this morning they got close enough to almost touch noses.

Offline verga

« Reply #1443 on: July 12, 2019, 10:07:47 pm »
Thanks, @verga. There was no sign of aggression at all. My wife tells me this morning they got close enough to almost touch noses.
@BassWrangler One of the worst problems we had was when they decided to be best friends and the perfect play time was at 2 AM. Two cats, one dog and let's play chase at 2 AM.

BassWrangler

« Reply #1444 on: July 13, 2019, 10:21:19 am »
@BassWrangler One of the worst problems we had was when they decided to be best friends and the perfect play time was at 2 AM. Two cats, one dog and let's play chase at 2 AM.

LOL

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1445 on: July 21, 2019, 01:15:57 am »

Offline corbe

« Reply #1446 on: August 09, 2019, 02:09:38 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1447 on: August 09, 2019, 05:17:46 pm »
@corbe

LOL  Thanks for posting a real day brightener.  I stole it and sent it to a friend who needs cheering up. 

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1448 on: August 10, 2019, 06:55:11 pm »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1449 on: August 29, 2019, 10:55:41 pm »