Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 492845 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #1400 on: May 23, 2019, 05:02:19 pm »
@austingirl

Update on Dixie? Any test results?

@AllThatJazzZ

Dixie is healing beautifully. She's happy, perky, and acting normally. Still waiting on pathology-maybe tomorrow.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline verga

« Reply #1401 on: May 23, 2019, 09:42:19 pm »
Y'all, I'm mad as a hornet after reading this:

https://www.nbc12.com/2019/05/16/loved-death-is-euthanizing-pets-be-buried-with-dead-owners-ok/

Why the hell is this allowed? What kind of hideous person/family would do this? If the dog had been old and very sickly, I might rethink my position, but it wasn't.

Don't think that just because my emotions are very raw after just losing my baby girl is the reason this sets me off. Even if I still had both my little girls and they were young and healthy, I'd be mortified by this practice. There is always someone who would love to have an adult dog, especially one so well cared for. The older I and my friends get, the more I understand the truth of that. We don't have the energy (or sometimes even the lifespan) for puppies. Plus, we'd like to have all the chewing and housebreaking behind us. We have lost our furry kids (or soon will be) and very much want another companion to add joy to our lives -- and to force us get up off our lazy butts and take them on walks where we can watch with joy as they read and reply to their pee-mail. Then to read about the barbarian practice this horrible woman was allowed to do, well, that just cuts right to the heart.

I'm so angry, I could spit nails.
Our first foster almost had this done. The nurse taking care of the woman refused to do it and dropped Sassy of at our agency. She is now being spoiled rotten by an older couple.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

« Reply #1402 on: May 24, 2019, 10:44:38 am »
Please keep my little girl Cassie in your thoughts and prayers. She is having a bunch of "Cocker" warts removed today. The Doctor does not want to put her under due to her age so he is going to use the laser with local anesthesia. Probably going to need the cone of shame for a week or two.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1403 on: May 24, 2019, 01:24:09 pm »
Please keep my little girl Cassie in your thoughts and prayers. She is having a bunch of "Cocker" warts removed today. The Doctor does not want to put her under due to her age so he is going to use the laser with local anesthesia. Probably going to need the cone of shame for a week or two.

Will do, Verga.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1404 on: May 24, 2019, 03:09:42 pm »

Prayers for Cassie and for you!

Offline verga

« Reply #1405 on: May 24, 2019, 08:36:50 pm »
Cassie made it through her surgery jsut fine. They had to put her under, but she handled it like a trooper, going to pick her up now.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1406 on: May 24, 2019, 09:00:33 pm »
So glad Cassie is ok @verga

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1407 on: May 24, 2019, 09:02:15 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ

Dixie is healing beautifully. She's happy, perky, and acting normally. Still waiting on pathology-maybe tomorrow.

@austingirl
Happy to hear Dixie is doing well.  Still praying her pathology report turns out fine.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1408 on: May 24, 2019, 09:29:30 pm »
Cassie made it through her surgery jsut fine. They had to put her under, but she handled it like a trooper, going to pick her up now.

@verga Great news!

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1409 on: May 24, 2019, 09:50:43 pm »
@austingirl
Happy to hear Dixie is doing well.  Still praying her pathology report turns out fine.

@Applewood and everybody
Dixie's oncologist isn't in today. I have to wait until Tuesday to learn the pathology results. Per their policy, the treating doctor is the only one who can give them to me. Meanwhile, my little sweetheart is doing very well.

Offline verga

« Reply #1410 on: May 25, 2019, 02:23:01 am »
@Applewood and everybody
Dixie's oncologist isn't in today. I have to wait until Tuesday to learn the pathology results. Per their policy, the treating doctor is the only one who can give them to me. Meanwhile, my little sweetheart is doing very well.
:beer:Good news, for now.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1411 on: May 25, 2019, 03:49:00 pm »
Dixie's surgeon called with pathology. Breast tumor was a benign adenoma. Mast cell tumor outer margins good, deep margin still had some tumor cells. 20 to 50% chance of recurrence. One option is electrochemo with a electrodes placed on area and a low dose of IV chemo which somehow enters the stimulated cells. Stitches out Wednesday.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1412 on: May 25, 2019, 04:10:45 pm »
Dixie's surgeon called with pathology. Breast tumor was a benign adenoma. Mast cell tumor outer margins good, deep margin still had some tumor cells. 20 to 50% chance of recurrence. One option is electrochemo with a electrodes placed on area and a low dose of IV chemo which somehow enters the stimulated cells. Stitches out Wednesday.

A mixed result.   :0001: for a Good Dawg.  Play with Dixie as much as you can when she gets healed from the surgery.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1413 on: May 25, 2019, 04:34:52 pm »
A mixed result.   :0001: for a Good Dawg.  Play with Dixie as much as you can when she gets healed from the surgery.

@Cyber Liberty
Dixie plowed her way into my heart from the start. I will do everything I can for her. Thank you for your prayers.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1414 on: May 25, 2019, 09:13:26 pm »
@austingirl

Happy that the tumor was benign.  Too bad that Dixie may still need chemo.  Did the doctor give you some idea how much this electro-chemo will cost? 

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1415 on: May 25, 2019, 10:20:48 pm »
@austingirl

Happy that the tumor was benign.  Too bad that Dixie may still need chemo.  Did the doctor give you some idea how much this electro-chemo will cost?

@Applewood
Not yet. The oncologist will have options next week. I'll let you know. We spent about $4500 so far.

Offline verga

« Reply #1416 on: May 26, 2019, 12:56:38 am »
Well at least that is part of what we were hoping for. Still keeping you and Dixie in our prayers.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1417 on: May 26, 2019, 02:42:38 pm »
Well at least that is part of what we were hoping for. Still keeping you and Dixie in our prayers.

Thanks @verga

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1418 on: May 29, 2019, 08:55:03 pm »
Miss Dixie got her stitches out today. We will give her two treatments of intralesional chemo. No IV, not systemic, no side effects. She'll have a great chance that the tumor won't recur.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1419 on: May 29, 2019, 08:59:31 pm »
Miss Dixie got her stitches out today. We will give her two treatments of intralesional chemo. No IV, not systemic, no side effects. She'll have a great chance that the tumor won't recur.

Yaay, Dixie!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1420 on: May 29, 2019, 09:04:02 pm »

That's great!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1421 on: May 29, 2019, 09:58:51 pm »

Good news.  Thanks for letting us know. 

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1422 on: May 29, 2019, 11:40:00 pm »
@Cyber Liberty @Applewood @Sanguine

Thanks for caring about my little one. The electrochemo is a wonderful innovation. I wouldn't give her systemic chemo.

Offline verga

« Reply #1423 on: May 30, 2019, 01:45:49 am »
WAHOO, great news.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1424 on: May 30, 2019, 03:07:21 pm »
WAHOO, great news.

@verga Dixie went on a walk for the first time in tow weeks. Did her full mile with no problem. :laugh: