Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 492774 times)

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #1375 on: May 12, 2019, 05:00:57 pm »
So sorry @AllThatJazzZ  Some people may think we are silly for grieving over a departed pet, but they don't understand that our critters are family to us.  Your grief is understandable, so ignore the ones who scoff at you for mourning.

I'd like to think our departed fur babies are in a happy place, waiting for us to join them someday.  Maybe I'm foolish to think so, but that thought has comforted me each time one of my beloved cats left me.   

It's hard now, but gradually, it will get easier.  Trust me.

@Applewood

I truly believe that she and all my dogs await me in my heavenly home. No one can disabuse me of that notion, so we're on the same page about that. In the meantime, my arms are empty, and there are no meals I have to prepare, no meds to administer, no walks in the park to make time for. No soft, warm little clump of precious poodleness next to me or underfoot or in the next room. No middle-of-the-night backyard bathroom trips (for her, not me!). I gleefully jumped through poodle hoops, and now I feel disoriented and useless. I could (should?) work at the local shelter, but my heart is dead right now. I have nothing to give. I'm not bouncing back as well as when I've had to say goodbye to my other dogs whom I loved just as dearly. But I will bounce back. And I'll surely love another dog. It's in my DNA.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1376 on: May 12, 2019, 06:55:10 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ

Take your time to grieve.  There is no timetable for moving on.  You will do so when you are ready. 

In the meantime, I will pray that God will give you comfort and strength. 

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #1377 on: May 13, 2019, 05:02:39 pm »
@Applewood

I truly believe that she and all my dogs await me in my heavenly home. No one can disabuse me of that notion, so we're on the same page about that. In the meantime, my arms are empty, and there are no meals I have to prepare, no meds to administer, no walks in the park to make time for. No soft, warm little clump of precious poodleness next to me or underfoot or in the next room. No middle-of-the-night backyard bathroom trips (for her, not me!). I gleefully jumped through poodle hoops, and now I feel disoriented and useless. I could (should?) work at the local shelter, but my heart is dead right now. I have nothing to give. I'm not bouncing back as well as when I've had to say goodbye to my other dogs whom I loved just as dearly. But I will bounce back. And I'll surely love another dog. It's in my DNA.

@AllThatJazzZ

I understand the loss and the empty feeling. Prayers for you to recover and love another sweet one.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1378 on: May 14, 2019, 10:12:00 pm »
Dixie has no metastases in her liver or spleen. Abdominal ultrasound looks good. Tiny mammary tumor can be removed at the same time as the mast cell tumor on Thursday. Daring to hope. Continuing to pray.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1379 on: May 14, 2019, 10:19:53 pm »
Dixie has no metastases in her liver or spleen. Abdominal ultrasound looks good. Tiny mammary tumor can be removed at the same time as the mast cell tumor on Thursday. Daring to hope. Continuing to pray.

Wonderful news!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1380 on: May 14, 2019, 10:26:48 pm »

Some good news.  Will join you in continued prayers for Dixie.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1381 on: May 15, 2019, 01:03:29 am »

:0001:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1382 on: May 15, 2019, 01:58:07 am »
@Sanguine @Applewood @Cyber Liberty

Thanks for your prayers and kind thoughts.

Offline verga

« Reply #1383 on: May 15, 2019, 11:53:39 am »
Great news praying for you and her.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1384 on: May 15, 2019, 02:26:05 pm »
Great news praying for you and her.
@verga

Thanks so much.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1385 on: May 16, 2019, 06:23:04 pm »
Dixie made it through surgery. She has to stay overnight. Pathology takes a week. Hoping for adequate margins.

Offline verga

« Reply #1386 on: May 16, 2019, 08:06:29 pm »
Dixie made it through surgery. She has to stay overnight. Pathology takes a week. Hoping for adequate margins.
Step in the right direction.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1387 on: May 16, 2019, 08:50:37 pm »

Whew! as to the surgery.  Prayers will continue that the pathology report will be good.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1388 on: May 17, 2019, 12:23:36 am »
Thanks @verga  and @Applewood

Hank and Harriet have been a comfort today. The challenge will be keeping Dixie on "bed rest" for two weeks.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1389 on: May 18, 2019, 01:26:29 am »

Dixie is home and has been subdued. She's on pain meds, antibiotics, prednisone taper, and Benadryl.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1390 on: May 18, 2019, 03:17:22 am »

Dixie is home and has been subdued. She's on pain meds, antibiotics, prednisone taper, and Benadryl.

Poor little thing.  I bet she's glad to be home!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1391 on: May 18, 2019, 03:37:57 am »

...and the Cone of Shame.  That poor baby!!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1392 on: May 18, 2019, 03:43:34 am »

Hi Dixie!!!
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline verga

« Reply #1393 on: May 18, 2019, 10:46:05 am »

She looks precious.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1394 on: May 18, 2019, 11:41:30 am »
@austingirl

So glad Dixie is home.  Please keep us updated, including the results of the pathology tests.  Thx.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1395 on: May 18, 2019, 02:43:44 pm »
Thanks @verga @Sanguine @Cyber Liberty @Freya @Applewood

Dixie continues to do well.  happy77 happy77 happy77

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #1396 on: May 23, 2019, 03:31:53 pm »
Thanks @verga @Sanguine @Cyber Liberty @Freya @Applewood

Dixie continues to do well.  happy77 happy77 happy77

@austingirl

Update on Dixie? Any test results?

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #1397 on: May 23, 2019, 03:50:22 pm »
Y'all, I'm mad as a hornet after reading this:

https://www.nbc12.com/2019/05/16/loved-death-is-euthanizing-pets-be-buried-with-dead-owners-ok/

Why the hell is this allowed? What kind of hideous person/family would do this? If the dog had been old and very sickly, I might rethink my position, but it wasn't.

Don't think that just because my emotions are very raw after just losing my baby girl is the reason this sets me off. Even if I still had both my little girls and they were young and healthy, I'd be mortified by this practice. There is always someone who would love to have an adult dog, especially one so well cared for. The older I and my friends get, the more I understand the truth of that. We don't have the energy (or sometimes even the lifespan) for puppies. Plus, we'd like to have all the chewing and housebreaking behind us. We have lost our furry kids (or soon will be) and very much want another companion to add joy to our lives -- and to force us get up off our lazy butts and take them on walks where we can watch with joy as they read and reply to their pee-mail. Then to read about the barbarian practice this horrible woman was allowed to do, well, that just cuts right to the heart.

I'm so angry, I could spit nails.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #1398 on: May 23, 2019, 04:04:31 pm »
New hope for arthritic dogs through gene therapy!

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/05/21/dog-hip-dysplasia-study-arthritis-pain-pets-colorado-colorado-animal-pain-center-northglenn-rob-landry/

I hope they can also come up with gene therapy for dogs that suffer with skin allergies. My little dog suffered terribly and had to take meds that have side effects that take their toll. If I didn't give her those, she would end up with one skin infection after another from scratching and chewing herself for relief. I know it shortened her life, but I couldn't let her continually suffer while she was alive. She also could have benefitted from the arthritis advances in the article.

----------------------

Y'all, I posted this elsewhere and asked the mod to move it to the appropriate pet thread, but it got put on a different thread that will probably not get another hit for another 6 months if that. I wanted the pet lovers to see this advancement so that we can have hope that one day our beloved fur kids will be able to live lives without suffering with arthritis and eventually other maladies.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1399 on: May 23, 2019, 04:08:32 pm »
Y'all, I'm mad as a hornet after reading this:

https://www.nbc12.com/2019/05/16/loved-death-is-euthanizing-pets-be-buried-with-dead-owners-ok/

Why the hell is this allowed? What kind of hideous person/family would do this? If the dog had been old and very sickly, I might rethink my position, but it wasn't.

Don't think that just because my emotions are very raw after just losing my baby girl is the reason this sets me off. Even if I still had both my little girls and they were young and healthy, I'd be mortified by this practice. There is always someone who would love to have an adult dog, especially one so well cared for. The older I and my friends get, the more I understand the truth of that. We don't have the energy (or sometimes even the lifespan) for puppies. Plus, we'd like to have all the chewing and housebreaking behind us. We have lost our furry kids (or soon will be) and very much want another companion to add joy to our lives -- and to force us get up off our lazy butts and take them on walks where we can watch with joy as they read and reply to their pee-mail. Then to read about the barbarian practice this horrible woman was allowed to do, well, that just cuts right to the heart.

I'm so angry, I could spit nails.

That's barbaric.  There still exist primitive cultures where men have that done to their wives.  The Brits put an end to that practice in Colonial India (where it probably still happens).
I will NOT comply.