Author Topic: Obituaries for 2024  (Read 15907 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Obituaries for 2024
« Reply #150 on: March 23, 2024, 03:49:46 pm »
Juli Lynne Charlot, creator of iconic ’50s poodle skirt, dies at 101

https://www.today.com/video/juli-lynne-charlot-creator-of-iconic-50s-poodle-skirt-dies-at-101-206068805543

very interesting obit if anyone remembers wearing a poodle skirt, or who had a mother who wore one. '
Well, I remember those. Neat success story there, too! RIP, Ms. Charlot.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #151 on: March 23, 2024, 03:53:38 pm »
Juli Lynne Charlot, creator of iconic ’50s poodle skirt, dies at 101

https://www.today.com/video/juli-lynne-charlot-creator-of-iconic-50s-poodle-skirt-dies-at-101-206068805543

very interesting obit if anyone remembers wearing a poodle skirt, or who had a mother who wore one. '

I obviously had little to no self awareness, as I was of this generation and would later in life become a poodle-holic, yet I never owned on. What a smart chick to come up with such an iconic design of the doo-wop generation! And she lived to over 100. Good for her!

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #152 on: March 23, 2024, 04:59:56 pm »
I obviously had little to no self awareness, as I was of this generation and would later in life become a poodle-holic, yet I never owned one. What a smart chick to come up with such an iconic design of the doo-wop generation! And she lived to over 100. Good for her!

But if I had owned one, this would have been it.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #153 on: March 24, 2024, 02:17:46 pm »
Author and illustrator Laurent de Brunhoff, heir of beloved ‘Babar’ series, dies at age 98

Babar author Laurent de Brunhoff, who revived his father’s popular picture-book series about an elephant-king and presided over its rise to a global multimedia franchise, has died at the age of 98.

De Brunhoff, who was from Paris and moved to the US in the 1980s, died on Friday at his home in Key West, Florida, after being in hospice care for two weeks, according to his widow, Phyllis Rose.

Just 12 years old when his father, Jean de Brunhoff, died of tuberculosis, Laurent was an adult when he drew upon his own gifts as a painter and storyteller and released dozens of books about the elephant who reigns over Celesteville, among them Babar at the Circus and Babar’s Yoga for Elephants. He preferred using fewer words than his father did, but his illustrations faithfully mimicked Jean’s gentle, understated style.

“Together, father and son have woven a fictive world so seamless that it is nearly impossible to detect where one stopped and the other started,” author Ann S Haskell wrote in the New York Times in 1981.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/24/laurent-de-brunhoff-author-of-babar-childrens-books-dies-at-98

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #154 on: March 24, 2024, 02:18:37 pm »
Author and illustrator Laurent de Brunhoff, heir of beloved ‘Babar’ series, dies at age 98

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/24/laurent-de-brunhoff-author-of-babar-childrens-books-dies-at-98

anyone else have fond memories reading this book(s) when you were a child? Rest In Peace and thank you for the elephants
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #155 on: March 27, 2024, 09:34:18 pm »
Jake Sherman
@JakeSherman
BREAKING NEWS: Former Sen. Joe Lieberman has died at 82.
The Stamford, Conn., native died from complications from a fall, his family said.
5:24 PM · Mar 27, 2024

KolHaolam
@KolHaolam
CONNECTICUT: Joseph I. Lieberman, 4-term U.S. senator from Connecticut who was the Democratic nominee for vice president in 2000, becoming the first Jewish candidate on the national ticket of a major party, died at 82 after a fall last night.
5:36 PM · Mar 27, 2024

Statement from the Lieberman Family:
"Former United States Senator Joseph I. Lieberman died this afternoon, March 27, 2024, in New York City due to complications from a fall. He was 82 years old. His beloved wife, Hadassah, and members of his family were with him as he passed. Senator Lieberman's love of God, his family, and America endured throughout his life of service in the public interest.”

Senator Lieberman's funeral will be held on Friday, March 29, 2024, at Congregation Agudath Sholom in his hometown of Stamford, CT. An additional memorial service will be announced at a later date.”
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 09:42:22 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #156 on: March 27, 2024, 09:39:45 pm »
Jake Sherman
@JakeSherman
The Stamford, Conn., native died from complications from a fall, his family said.

Well heck. RIP Senator.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #157 on: March 27, 2024, 09:50:48 pm »
Jake Sherman
@JakeSherman

KolHaolam
@KolHaolam
CONNECTICUT: Joseph I. Lieberman, 4-term U.S. senator from Connecticut who was the Democratic nominee for vice president in 2000, becoming the first Jewish candidate on the national ticket of a major party, died at 82 after a fall last night.
5:36 PM · Mar 27, 2024

Statement from the Lieberman Family:

He seemed like a man of principle that had to leave the Rat party because of that.  RIP Joe.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline berdie

« Reply #158 on: March 27, 2024, 09:57:43 pm »
He seemed like a man of principle that had to leave the Rat party because of that.  RIP Joe.

That's how he came across to me as well.

I didn't realize he was that old so it initially was a shock. Not that 82 is old. :laugh:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #159 on: March 27, 2024, 10:01:47 pm »

anyone else have fond memories reading this book(s) when you were a child? Rest In Peace and thank you for the elephants
@Gefn Yes! I read a bunch of them along with AA Milne's books, back before I started reading Sherlock Holmes, the Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, and others, in the era before I started devouring Science Fiction...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #160 on: March 27, 2024, 10:34:29 pm »
Well heck. RIP Senator.

RIP Mr. Lieberman.

Find it ironic he died today, as and simutaneously  some of his Jewish legislation brethren are throwing Israel under the bus.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #161 on: March 27, 2024, 10:41:02 pm »
Yeah, well, he did push for 'smart guns' among other schemes to infringe the RKBA. But, anyway, R.I.P.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #162 on: March 27, 2024, 10:46:21 pm »
RIP Mr. Lieberman.

Find it ironic he died today, as and simutaneously  some of his Jewish legislation brethren are throwing Israel under the bus.

He was just on Fox News the other day talking about this Admin and the Israel situation..

adding

Lieberman was in the news just a few days ago after he criticized Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) for demanding early elections in Israel. He called Schumer’s gambit “outrageous” and a “mistake” in the midst of Israel’s war against Hamas terrorists

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/03/27/joe-lieberman-dies-at-82-former-democrat-vp-candidate-turned-independent-jewish-hero/
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 11:03:54 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #163 on: Today at 12:09:23 am »
RIP Joe Lieberman. He was indeed correct about Chuckie.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #164 on: Today at 01:56:29 am »
He was a better man than his running mate.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #165 on: Today at 03:45:51 am »
He was a better man than his running mate.

Didn't he talk Election denier ALGore out of filing a gazillion lawsuits to try overturn the 00 election?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.