Author Topic: Obituaries for 2019  (Read 50731 times)

Offline mountaineer

Re: Obituaries for 2019
« Reply #1125 on: November 10, 2019, 06:37:01 PM »
Re: Laurel Griggs. NYPost/Page Six reporting cause of death:
Young Broadway actress Laurel Griggs suffered a fatal asthma attack while doing homework in her family’s Manhattan apartment — calling out to her father that she didn’t “feel so good,” kin said Sunday. ...

“She said, ‘I don’t think I feel so good,’ which immediately set off all the alarms in my head,” her father, Andy Griggs, told The Post on Sunday. “She would never normally say something like that.”

Laurel was born with asthma and took medication for the condition, he said. The teen previously suffered a similar serious attack three years ago, and both of her parents closely monitored her afterward, the dad said. ...
https://pagesix.com/2019/11/10/13-year-old-broadway-star-laurel-griggs-cause-of-death-revealed/
"Because men have lost the objective basis of certainty of knowledge of the thing in which they are working, more and more I fear we are going to find them manipulating science according to their own sociological or political desires rather than standing upon concrete objectivity." Francis A. Schaeffer

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1126 on: November 10, 2019, 06:39:35 PM »
Speaking of causes of death of actors (we mentioned his death in July on this thread):
“Seinfeld” actor Charles Levin died from an accidental fall, a report revealed Sunday — four months after the gruesome discovery of his vulture-picked body in a remote section of Oregon. ...

Police discovered Levin’s body at the bottom of a ravine, where they believe he fell trying to get help. He was naked without “external genitalia present” and had been partially-consumed by vultures.

“There were signs of animal scavenging likely in the form of turkey vultures as there was evidence of bird feces on and around the body,” the report stated.

Levin — who played the Mohel in the 1993 “Seinfeld” episode “The Bris” — was best known for portraying Elliot Novak in the CBS sitcom “Alice.”
Full story
"Because men have lost the objective basis of certainty of knowledge of the thing in which they are working, more and more I fear we are going to find them manipulating science according to their own sociological or political desires rather than standing upon concrete objectivity." Francis A. Schaeffer

Online Applewood

« Reply #1127 on: November 10, 2019, 06:53:40 PM »
Watched Ed Sullivan every Sunday night from the time I was a little mite.  As a kid, Topo Gigio was one of my favorite segments.  Even stiff old Ed seemed to enjoy the little mouse.  Rest in peace, Miss Perego.

Terrible story about Mr. Levin.  May he rest in peace too.

Offline verga

« Reply #1128 on: Today at 07:39:05 AM »
Pearl Harbor survivor George Hursey dies in Brockton at 98

Pearl Harbor survivor George Hursey dies in Brockton at 98.

The state’s last known survivor of the attack on Pearl Harbor died of natural causes on Tuesday, leaving Massachusetts without a living veteran of one of the deadliest foreign attacks to ever take place on American soil.

Born on Oct. 14, 1921, George Hursey grew up with nine siblings on a farm near Durham, North Carolina. They lived in a log cabin and ate homegrown vegetables and livestock raised by their parents, he later told his children

https://www.thestuffnews.com/2019/11/10/pearl-harbor-survivor-george-hursey-dies-in-brockton-at-98/
RIP and thank you for your service and sacrifice.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf