Author Topic: The Tables Down at Mory's  (Read 355708 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: The Tables Down at Mory's
« Reply #1050 on: March 12, 2015, 08:28:47 pm »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1051 on: March 12, 2015, 09:16:18 pm »

LOL!   I'm stealing that one!     :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #1052 on: March 13, 2015, 03:20:05 am »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #1053 on: March 15, 2015, 02:57:44 am »

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #1054 on: March 19, 2015, 05:14:39 pm »
I just like it.  Would be a great avatar for someone.

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #1055 on: March 20, 2015, 01:48:08 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-8OHZmcXjU

Wish I could do this once.   Just once..    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #1056 on: March 20, 2015, 02:40:18 pm »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1057 on: March 21, 2015, 12:35:51 am »
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 12:38:27 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #1058 on: March 21, 2015, 03:37:20 am »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #1059 on: March 22, 2015, 05:41:32 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkviU7EKtG8

Annabelle......where does the spirit go when you die?    8888crybaby

Annabel, Annabel, where did you go?
I've looked high and Ive looked low
I've looked low and Ive looked high
Tell me where does the spirit go when you die?
Oh where does the spirit go when you die?

I have packed your satin gloves and lace
All the pictures of your pretty face
And I kept the ones of you on skates
And a picture from your wedding day

Annabel Annabel way up high
Are you kissing the starry birds in the sky?
Will you come and visit us down below?
Oh Annabel Annabel where did you go
Annabel where did you go?

You will miss the humming of the spring
And the winter wont mean anything
And the summer is a lonesome dale
I am lost without you Annabel
I have lost my faith in everything
Annabel Annabel are you free?
Will you wrap me in your legacy?
In a blanket with your sweet perfume
I am always thinking thoughts of you.

Annabel Annabel where did you go?
I've looked high and I've looked low
Oh I've looked low and I've looked high
Tell me where does the spirit go when you die?
Oh where does the spirit go when you die?

NOTE:  It's rare when a song can give you this kind of emotional response. This song will grab you by the throat if you happen to catch it on Netflix' Hell on Wheels series.  The soundtrack is phenomenal but together with the show and characters, it could turn you into a blubbering idiot.

Hell on Wheels....watch it all without commercials THREE SEASONS.   :beer:

« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 10:38:52 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #1060 on: March 23, 2015, 09:56:23 am »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #1061 on: March 24, 2015, 02:04:07 am »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #1063 on: March 24, 2015, 02:15:06 am »
Can't friggin' wait.

Don't laugh...don't mock.  Please?

I am just getting started watching Game of Thrones.

Nothing like watching series...one after another on sites like Netflix, with no commercial interruptions to ruin the experience.  It's like going to a long, long movie.  You get much more emotionally connected with the characters, don't you?

Have watched LONGMIRE (2 seasons) and HELL ON WHEELS (3 seasons).   Of course, the Western genre has always been my favorite.

I can't wait either, Luis!   :beer:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #1064 on: March 24, 2015, 02:23:11 am »

Nothing like watching series...one after another on sites like Netflix, with no commercial interruptions to ruin the experience.  It's like going to a long, long movie.  You get much more emotionally connected with the characters, don't you?

Have watched LONGMIRE (2 seasons) and HELL ON WHEELS (3 seasons).   Of course, the Western genre has always been my favorite.

I've read all the books. It's taken me the better art of a decade to do so because he takes so damned long in between installments.

I'm a complete GoT geek.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #1065 on: March 24, 2015, 04:31:49 am »

Try BLACK SAILS on Showtime. A GREAT series about pirates. It combines real pirates [Jack Rackham, Ann Bonney and others] with fictional ones [ CPT. Flint, Long John Silver]. Very well done.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #1066 on: March 24, 2015, 05:42:17 am »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #1067 on: March 25, 2015, 05:44:33 am »
Try BLACK SAILS on Showtime. A GREAT series about pirates. It combines real pirates [Jack Rackham, Ann Bonney and others] with fictional ones [ CPT. Flint, Long John Silver]. Very well done.

Came back here to say that at first, thought you'd said "Blackthorn", which was a movie about Butch Cassidy 'retiring' in South America.

Have seen the promos for Black Sails and will check it out.  Thanks, PzLdr!   :beer:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #1068 on: March 25, 2015, 12:37:01 pm »

I have Black Sails on my binge watching list.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #1069 on: March 25, 2015, 01:25:37 pm »
I have Black Sails on my binge watching list.

I've seen the promos, countless times, but, as with Hell of Wheels, the promos never do it justice.

Plus, as we've discussed, to sit and watch several hours at a time without commercials gives one a completely different experience with the characters and story.

Must admit thought, after watching Hell on Wheels, I'd like to see a series where the characters actually bathe once in awhile.   :laugh:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #1070 on: March 25, 2015, 09:16:27 pm »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #1071 on: March 26, 2015, 01:49:41 pm »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #1072 on: March 26, 2015, 03:45:28 pm »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #1073 on: March 27, 2015, 01:37:29 am »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #1074 on: March 29, 2015, 10:55:34 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTQNbHihpPY

Anderson and Roe:  Brandenburg Concerto #3 in G Major, BWV 1948

Johann Sebastian Bach

TURN YOUR SPEAKERS UP!!   :beer: