Author Topic: The Tables Down at Mory's  (Read 355831 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: The Tables Down at Mory's
« Reply #925 on: December 26, 2014, 12:31:23 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline TheMom

« Reply #926 on: December 30, 2014, 02:59:34 am »
When we lived in The Valley we were friends with several detectives.  They had made a very big drug bust, and after lots of discussion, decided to take the marijuana to the city dump and burn it.  They ran into a problem when the wind shifted.  That day, 1/3 of the Harlingen Police Department were high as a kite.
I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcasm, and Profanity.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #927 on: December 31, 2014, 08:58:05 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #928 on: December 31, 2014, 09:06:23 pm »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #929 on: January 01, 2015, 05:27:37 am »

So this is what 2015 looks like?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 05:30:37 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #930 on: January 02, 2015, 04:17:53 am »
This could mean something.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #931 on: January 02, 2015, 03:32:56 pm »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #932 on: January 03, 2015, 03:11:31 am »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #933 on: January 03, 2015, 04:02:44 am »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #934 on: January 03, 2015, 04:25:23 am »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #935 on: January 03, 2015, 01:45:27 pm »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #936 on: January 03, 2015, 07:06:43 pm »

Online DCPatriot

« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 08:58:44 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #938 on: January 04, 2015, 01:08:35 pm »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #939 on: January 04, 2015, 08:06:26 pm »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #940 on: January 04, 2015, 08:10:12 pm »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #941 on: January 05, 2015, 10:05:55 pm »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #942 on: January 05, 2015, 11:29:06 pm »

Yes, because Dallas is the only team ever to be the beneficiary of a controversial call by an official in any sports event. With "ever" being defined as that period of time between Dakota Watson running into Sam Martin being deemed a penalty, but George Winn running into Chris Jones not being one.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #943 on: January 06, 2015, 02:22:46 pm »

Perhaps, the actual reason no 'pass interference' was called......

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #944 on: January 07, 2015, 06:24:32 pm »

Perhaps, the actual reason no 'pass interference' was called......

Yeah, that was probably it.

Or maybe it was the fact that they were held to 6 points total output in three quarters.

Or even the fact that in the 8 minutes of football after the call, the Lions failed to stop Dallas converting on 4th, failed to stop Dallas scoring a game winning td, shot them selves by scrubbing a very important punt, failed to convert on 3rd down multiple times, and fumbled the ball twice on their most important drive.

But it was one questionable call that lost them the game.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #945 on: January 09, 2015, 03:06:41 pm »
Yeah, that was probably it.

Or maybe it was the fact that they were held to 6 points total output in three quarters.

Or even the fact that in the 8 minutes of football after the call, the Lions failed to stop Dallas converting on 4th, failed to stop Dallas scoring a game winning td, shot them selves by scrubbing a very important punt, failed to convert on 3rd down multiple times, and fumbled the ball twice on their most important drive.

But it was one questionable call that lost them the game.

Just teasing you, Luis!   I'd like to see Dallas take it all!   (but they won't)

The Obama administration should say a prayer of thanks that Detroit has been eliminated.   Don't want a national spotlight concentrated on Detroit, Michigan.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #946 on: January 09, 2015, 03:09:15 pm »
Just teasing you, Luis!   I'd like to see Dallas take it all!   (but they won't)

The Obama administration should say a prayer of thanks that Detroit has been eliminated.   Don't want a national spotlight concentrated on Detroit, Michigan.

True.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #947 on: January 10, 2015, 02:40:16 pm »

Just one more...for now.  Couldn't resist!

GO COWBOYS!    A crippled Aaron Rodgers running shotgun...this game is going to be GREAT!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #948 on: January 12, 2015, 03:12:09 pm »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #949 on: January 12, 2015, 03:43:31 pm »

Yep!  Doesn't Charlie Rangel owe back taxes too?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!