Author Topic: The Tables Down at Mory's  (Read 355746 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: The Tables Down at Mory's
« Reply #775 on: September 18, 2014, 10:12:11 pm »
Sartre is sitting in a French cafe proof-reading his draft of "Being and Nothingness". He calls a waitress over to the table and says "I'd like a cup of coffee please, with no cream." The waitress replies "I'm sorry sir, but we don't offer cream. How about with no milk?" 
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #776 on: September 19, 2014, 01:18:58 am »
I think, therefore I'm conservative.
- Bumper Sticker
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #777 on: September 19, 2014, 03:37:53 am »
A bumper sticker for all those environmentalist idiots: "Piping Plover: The Other White Meat".
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #778 on: September 24, 2014, 09:46:03 pm »
Not so much funny, as it is interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yufwlW0Pdk

What you are watching is a four-minute color home video featuring the Warren Redjackets (they, obviously, are in the all-red outfit). This film was taken in 1940, when the city of Warren, Pennsylvania had a population of just under 15,000 people—and this was at the tiny city's peak. (Like most of rural northern Appalachia, the population has been on a downswing; the city now has less than 10,000. On top of that, the nearest cities with over 100,000 people—Erie and Buffalo—were each over 60 miles away.) I don't know who the other team is, and the first few seconds appear to be a game featuring two other teams.

Yet this small town managed to support a professional football team in western Pennsylvania's decades-old pro circuit, one that was remarkably close in caliber to at least the lower echelons of the NFL at the time. They even managed to schedule a game against the Pittsburgh Steelers (then nicknamed the Pirates) in 1938 and the Chicago Bears in 1937.

A little piece of forgotten history, from when even a small town could support big-time football.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 12:41:25 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #779 on: September 25, 2014, 04:58:10 am »
Pavlov is sitting at the local pub enjoying a pint. The phone rings and he jumps up and runs out the door shouting "Oh, shit! I forgot to feed the dog!"
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #780 on: September 29, 2014, 07:51:28 pm »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #781 on: September 29, 2014, 09:48:56 pm »
Found on Craigslist:

Picture of the Anointed One

“Yes! Here it is!

Step right up and get your very own pic of the Pres.

Feel your destiny radiate from this 19"x15" photo of Barack Hussein Obama!

There are plastic covers on the corners for protection of this fine piece that has tormented me since its receipt as a gag gift from my brother's sister last Christmas.

In an effort to emulate Barack Hussein Obama and his highest level of truthfulness and transparency; I must disclose that it was produced in Canada.

I'm asking $1.00 or I'm willing to trade for a sharp knife so I can cut my own throat.

Cash or Quality Cutlery. ”

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/rvs/4690326555.html
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #782 on: September 30, 2014, 02:26:25 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #783 on: October 01, 2014, 02:57:17 pm »
I'm thinking about trying this with my dad....

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #784 on: October 01, 2014, 03:40:43 pm »
I'm thinking about trying this with my dad....

]https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10670282_813681615330506_6380186268068819925_n.jpg?oh=fb640e1f0e96cbbc202c2bd28e605e7d&oe=54BA0EF8&__gda__=1422398118_a1087fe1361339cbe6091c51a03dc651

LOL! 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #785 on: October 04, 2014, 02:51:12 am »

When Mecca meets Milan.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #786 on: October 11, 2014, 10:25:25 am »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #787 on: October 14, 2014, 03:29:02 pm »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #788 on: October 17, 2014, 06:17:55 pm »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #789 on: October 24, 2014, 05:33:27 am »

OK... now what?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #790 on: October 24, 2014, 06:25:40 am »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #791 on: October 25, 2014, 12:50:07 am »

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #792 on: October 25, 2014, 01:26:34 am »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #793 on: October 25, 2014, 04:35:53 am »
Nice DC!   :beer:

We needed a 'fireside table'...someplace to exhale and enjoy.   :beer:

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #794 on: October 25, 2014, 04:42:56 am »
We needed a 'fireside table'...someplace to exhale and enjoy.   :beer:

It really works!  There's something about gazing into a fire....so relaxing. 

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #795 on: October 25, 2014, 10:27:53 am »
Crispy Crab Nuggets

1 pound fresh crab meat
3 slices of white bread, crust removed or packaged bread crumbs
1 egg beaten
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
1 tablespoon parsley

Put breadcrumbs in food processor so they are chopped up fine(to save time).

In a large bowl, mix together egg, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, and Old Bay seasoning.

Add breadcrumbs and crab meat and mix by hand to avoid breaking up too many of the lumps. You may need to break up the very large lumps however so the crab balls will stay together.

Shape into 24 balls and fry in batches in hot oil until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels.

Serve with your favorite sauce or don't use any! These are so good!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #796 on: October 27, 2014, 03:47:09 am »
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 03:48:07 am by DCPatriot »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #797 on: October 27, 2014, 04:23:25 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnilUPXmipM

Hope it's okay to park this here.      :laugh:

In one of those moods....it's good music to dust to..... :laugh:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #798 on: October 27, 2014, 04:28:17 am »
Thanks DC, that is awesome.

I'm a huge fan of Pergy Grainger's work. It's sort of an acquired taste, but I being a brass man I always lean toward Wind Emsembles.

Here's the best recording of one of Grainger's best pieces, performed by the finest Wind Ensemble ever assembled under the direction of the finest wind ensemble conductor.

I really like this piece.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #799 on: October 27, 2014, 04:29:58 am »
One more Grainger.

Obviously an arrangement, but a really good one.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 04:31:38 am by Luis Gonzalez »