Author Topic: The Tables Down at Mory's  (Read 355510 times)

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Re: The Tables Down at Mory's
« Reply #600 on: March 23, 2014, 02:49:58 pm »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #601 on: March 23, 2014, 05:29:25 pm »
LOL!  So true!

"You'ze guyz wanna play some ball?"             

"AWWWWW!!!   YOU'ZE GUYS!!""   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #602 on: March 23, 2014, 07:07:28 pm »
 :silly: I can't see anyone from TX saying, 'YOU GUYS."

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #603 on: March 23, 2014, 07:24:25 pm »
Question/Observation

While channel surfing the other day, I finally stopped on the latest GI Joe movie, with The Rock, Bruce Willis, etc..

Anyway...there was a scene in the movie where to survive, Rock and two others dived into a deep well.

In order to save the day they had to get out of the well, but everybody was dead.  No rope...no runs, no hits, no errors.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

They all turned their backs to one another touching and pushing against a center sturdy 'force', they used their feet to scale the stoned wall to the surface.

Uh-huh.....here's where the question is.

How would this maneuver would get them out of the well?

The well was so wide when they began that their fingers could NOT reach the stones.

Seems to me that as soon as one person didn't provide 34% of the 'support', they'd all fall down to the bottom again.  They'd all have to have sufficient thrust to grab the top of the well opening.

it's just been bugging me.....LOL!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #604 on: March 23, 2014, 07:31:18 pm »
Go on PPV and watch the movie "The Purge." Based on life in America in the year 2022 after economic collapse. I thnk everyone should be required to watch it before voting in America, while we still have an America.

The Purge Official Trailer #1 (2013) - Ethan Hawke, Lena Headey Thriller HD - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0LLaybEuzA
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 07:34:39 pm by Gazoo »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #605 on: March 23, 2014, 08:03:32 pm »
Question/Observation

While channel surfing the other day, I finally stopped on the latest GI Joe movie, with The Rock, Bruce Willis, etc..

Anyway...there was a scene in the movie where to survive, Rock and two others dived into a deep well.

In order to save the day they had to get out of the well, but everybody was dead.  No rope...no runs, no hits, no errors.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

They all turned their backs to one another touching and pushing against a center sturdy 'force', they used their feet to scale the stoned wall to the surface.

Uh-huh.....here's where the question is.

How would this maneuver would get them out of the well?

The well was so wide when they began that their fingers could NOT reach the stones.

Seems to me that as soon as one person didn't provide 34% of the 'support', they'd all fall down to the bottom again.  They'd all have to have sufficient thrust to grab the top of the well opening.

it's just been bugging me.....LOL!

Chimneying. Do it all the time in rock climbing. It takes careful timing of the movements of your legs, but is perfectly possible. Hell of a strain on the back and legs though.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #606 on: March 23, 2014, 08:13:02 pm »
Chimneying. Do it all the time in rock climbing. It takes careful timing of the movements of your legs, but is perfectly possible. Hell of a strain on the back and legs though.

Do you own a batmobile, EC?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #607 on: March 23, 2014, 08:14:12 pm »

St. Thomas here.....no disrespect to you.   No 'chimneying' being done here.

Not unless all were 9 feet tall.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #608 on: March 23, 2014, 08:17:17 pm »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #609 on: March 23, 2014, 08:43:49 pm »
Do you own a batmobile, EC?

:tongue2:

I wish. A very boring station wagon (OK, it does have both overdrive and traction control. It may or may not have a supercharger - it depends who is asking. You a cop or an insurance agent? The previous owner somehow squeezed a V8 rover engine into the space under the bonnet - working on it now is a crash course in being a gynecologist.) and a '53 Royal Enfield motorbike that uses more oil than petrol. Had my Dad's old BSA A10 for years, but that went the way of all bikes - the frame rotted out and it basically fell apart one winter. Still miss it.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #610 on: March 23, 2014, 11:07:44 pm »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #611 on: March 24, 2014, 02:00:30 am »

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #612 on: March 24, 2014, 02:54:22 am »

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #613 on: March 24, 2014, 04:08:54 pm »
:tongue2:

I wish. A very boring station wagon (OK, it does have both overdrive and traction control. It may or may not have a supercharger - it depends who is asking. You a cop or an insurance agent? The previous owner somehow squeezed a V8 rover engine into the space under the bonnet - working on it now is a crash course in being a gynecologist.) and a '53 Royal Enfield motorbike that uses more oil than petrol. Had my Dad's old BSA A10 for years, but that went the way of all bikes - the frame rotted out and it basically fell apart one winter. Still miss it.

Just checking you were not this guy. But it could be DC, who knows?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #614 on: March 24, 2014, 04:14:22 pm »
Figure that is probably Oceander. He likes kids and it's not much of a drive  :silly:

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #615 on: March 24, 2014, 04:16:56 pm »
 :silly: makes sense. DC is probably with Mrs. Robinson if she's a redhead and oceander is batman

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #616 on: March 24, 2014, 04:26:36 pm »
 :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

To assist DC:

One must be polite about these things ....

Offline WAYNE

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #618 on: March 25, 2014, 12:22:49 am »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #619 on: March 25, 2014, 03:52:30 am »
:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

To assist DC:

One must be polite about these things ....

Thanks, EC and Gazoo!    :beer:  She's a cutie!  Almost old enough to give Aligncare a heart attack.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #620 on: March 25, 2014, 03:11:59 pm »
Oceander must be batman he is berry berry quiet.  :laugh:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #621 on: March 25, 2014, 03:28:54 pm »
Oceander must be batman he is berry berry quiet.  :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  :beer:
It does make one think. Strong sense of justice, prefers the night, skilled with all manner of rhetorical weapons. Doesn't make puns, so he can' be Spiderman. Too inflexible to be Mr. Fantastic, and too old to be the Torch.

I could see him as either Batman or Mr. Incredible (he knows too much about cubicle life not to be!)

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #622 on: March 25, 2014, 03:49:41 pm »
Whoever batman is  :patriot:  :beer:

Oceander is probably a silent partner because of the liability alone.

Now back to goofy pictures...

Or in this case from mind blowing facts page.

A movie theater.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #623 on: March 25, 2014, 07:13:31 pm »
No iPhone, no toys, no television and see their face.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #624 on: March 26, 2014, 10:08:14 am »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.