Author Topic: The Tables Down at Mory's  (Read 355580 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: The Tables Down at Mory's
« Reply #525 on: February 25, 2014, 11:44:18 pm »

I never will forget the way you look tonight...

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #526 on: February 26, 2014, 12:09:43 am »

It would be difficult to control glare from overhead lighting, and overall, would throw your stroke off, IMO.

But I'd like to try one out.  LOL!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 12:11:33 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #527 on: February 26, 2014, 03:42:45 am »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline happyg

« Reply #528 on: February 26, 2014, 04:08:04 am »

Before the smoking Nazis got their way, I used to walk the elderly outside so they could smoke. That is one of the few luxuries they had left, until self-righteous arseholes butted into personal lives.

One year, I bought a couple case of NA beer on St. Patrick's Day and put it in green plastic cups. It was a hit! Nothing like a beer and cig for those old folks!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #529 on: February 27, 2014, 02:09:00 pm »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #530 on: February 27, 2014, 03:49:45 pm »
Before the smoking Nazis got their way, I used to walk the elderly outside so they could smoke. That is one of the few luxuries they had left, until self-righteous arseholes butted into personal lives.

One year, I bought a couple case of NA beer on St. Patrick's Day and put it in green plastic cups. It was a hit! Nothing like a beer and cig for those old folks!

:beer:
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline WAYNE

« Reply #531 on: February 27, 2014, 04:21:30 pm »

Offline happyg

« Reply #532 on: February 27, 2014, 04:24:25 pm »
That is so funny, Wayne! I laughed from beginning to end! Thanks for making my morning!

Offline WAYNE

« Reply #533 on: February 27, 2014, 04:53:47 pm »

Offline WAYNE

« Reply #534 on: February 27, 2014, 08:12:25 pm »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #535 on: February 28, 2014, 03:41:45 am »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #537 on: February 28, 2014, 04:40:04 am »
How can the local/regional weather tell me the current temperature is 23 degrees fahrenheit but claim it feels like 1 degree?

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/washington-dc/20006/weather-forecast/327659

btw ....there is no wind.   :shrug:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 04:40:51 am by DCPatriot »

Oceander

« Reply #538 on: February 28, 2014, 05:17:16 am »
How can the local/regional weather tell me the current temperature is 23 degrees fahrenheit but claim it feels like 1 degree?

b/c it's accuweather, which is quite a misnomer

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #539 on: February 28, 2014, 06:12:54 am »

It's also mostly clear, which means that you have no cloud "blanket" to hold heat down, and it all goes up.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #540 on: February 28, 2014, 06:15:10 am »
It's also mostly clear, which means that you have no cloud "blanket" to hold heat down, and it all goes up.

Well, I was trying to determine if they mean the wind chill....and that maybe the term was not in vogue anymore.

btw....it's freaking -2 "feels like" degrees outside!!!   LOL!!!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #541 on: February 28, 2014, 06:28:38 am »
Well, I was trying to determine if they mean the wind chill....and that maybe the term was not in vogue anymore.

btw....it's freaking -2 "feels like" degrees outside!!!   LOL!!!

http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Fort+Lauderdale+FL+USFL0149

Offline DCPatriot

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #543 on: February 28, 2014, 03:02:19 pm »

Offline WAYNE

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #545 on: March 01, 2014, 02:07:59 am »

That is Accuweather's little proprietary "RealFeel" temperature, which purportedly factors in air temperature, humidity, wind and solar radiation (which the official observations don't measure so Accuweather must be calculating it). Of course, it's proprietary and a trade secret so nobody knows how effective it actually is. I suspect what's causing that number is that it's a clear night.

I can say this much: I have serious issues with both wind chill and "feels like" temperature because it varies so much depending on which direction you're facing. Heading into the low sun with the wind at your back, it will feel much warmer than facing the opposite direction.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 02:11:16 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #546 on: March 01, 2014, 06:02:02 pm »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #547 on: March 01, 2014, 06:02:35 pm »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #548 on: March 02, 2014, 11:34:58 pm »

Offline WAYNE

« Reply #549 on: March 04, 2014, 05:24:47 pm »