Author Topic: The Tables Down at Mory's  (Read 355822 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: The Tables Down at Mory's
« Reply #475 on: February 15, 2014, 11:36:30 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #476 on: February 16, 2014, 10:29:43 pm »

Unbelievable.....

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline WAYNE

« Reply #477 on: February 16, 2014, 11:08:30 pm »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :silly:

put away wet??

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #478 on: February 17, 2014, 04:17:17 am »

I'm taking up yoga........ :beer:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #479 on: February 17, 2014, 04:20:18 am »

You try that and you'll be in traction.

And I ain't talking about the yoga.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #480 on: February 17, 2014, 04:21:38 am »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #482 on: February 17, 2014, 04:45:07 am »
Oh Dear....!!!!!!    :silly:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #483 on: February 17, 2014, 06:18:51 pm »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #485 on: February 18, 2014, 04:25:03 pm »

LOL!   Always loved "mom" and "mother" jokes growing up.   Laughed till your sides hurt.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #486 on: February 18, 2014, 11:30:09 pm »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #487 on: February 19, 2014, 02:23:53 am »

Whew!  At least she isn't a redhead.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #488 on: February 19, 2014, 03:15:44 am »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #489 on: February 19, 2014, 06:57:29 pm »
Last Tuesday President Obama got off the helicopter in front of
The White House - carrying a baby piglet under each arm.
The squared-away Marine guard snapped to attention, saluted and said:

"Nice pigs, sir." The President replied: "These are not pigs.  These are
Authentic Arkansas Razorback Hogs.  I got one for Secretary of State
Hillary Clinton, and I got one for Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi."

The squared-away Marine again snapped to attention, salutes and said,
"Excellent trade, sir."

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #490 on: February 21, 2014, 01:35:03 am »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #491 on: February 22, 2014, 06:15:30 pm »
Ever notice that after Tuesdays even the calendar says WTF?

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #492 on: February 23, 2014, 12:46:59 am »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #493 on: February 23, 2014, 04:52:43 pm »

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #494 on: February 23, 2014, 05:33:37 pm »
Last Tuesday President Obama got off the helicopter in front of
The White House - carrying a baby piglet under each arm.
The squared-away Marine guard snapped to attention, saluted and said:

"Nice pigs, sir." The President replied: "These are not pigs.  These are
Authentic Arkansas Razorback Hogs.  I got one for Secretary of State
Hillary Clinton, and I got one for Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi."

The squared-away Marine again snapped to attention, salutes and said,
"Excellent trade, sir."

:silly:
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #495 on: February 23, 2014, 09:29:21 pm »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #496 on: February 23, 2014, 09:33:37 pm »

Blackened Shrimp on Kale and Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Andouille Sauce

Mardi Gras is next week already and while I may not be attending it is a great excuse to enjoy some Southern cooking! That being said it was the perfect time to pull out this recipe for blackened shrimp mashed sweet potatoes with andouille cream that I came across on Our Life in Food a not too long ago and was saving for a special occasion. Andouille sausage is an amazing ingredient in Southern cuisine and I have been into it ever since I came across it! The andouille cream or gravy in this recipe sounded absolutely delightful and combine that with the tasty blackened shrimp and you have a complete winner! Normally I would think that the andouille cream and blackened shrimp would be served on grits but I liked the idea of serving them on the creamy mashed sweet potatoes like this. The only thing that was missing was some vegetables and I went for some winter greens in the form of blanched kale for a complete tasty meal in one bowl.

instructions:   http://www.closetcooking.com/2012/02/blackened-shrimp-on-kale-and-mashed.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #497 on: February 23, 2014, 09:48:02 pm »

Andouille sausage is an amazing ingredient

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And shockingly can be found in most everyday grocery stores nowadays!
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #498 on: February 23, 2014, 10:36:20 pm »

Oh....what I would do with a ping function right now!   {{{just teasing}}}    :silly:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #499 on: February 23, 2014, 10:38:31 pm »