Author Topic: The Tables Down at Mory's  (Read 355506 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: The Tables Down at Mory's
« Reply #400 on: January 19, 2014, 12:11:29 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #401 on: January 19, 2014, 09:22:11 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #402 on: January 19, 2014, 09:23:11 pm »

Dude.

Give a warning.

I haven't taken my blood pressure meds yet.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #403 on: January 19, 2014, 09:25:18 pm »
Dude.

Give a warning.

I haven't taken my blood pressure meds yet.

LOL!  I thought it was so cute!    :beer:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #404 on: January 19, 2014, 09:26:52 pm »

LOL!  I thought it was so cute!    :beer:

Oh!

THERE'S A BEAR!!!!
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #405 on: January 19, 2014, 09:28:37 pm »
How's this for a wedding dress?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #406 on: January 19, 2014, 09:30:25 pm »
How's this for a wedding dress?

I remember when the M in MTV was for music.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #407 on: January 19, 2014, 09:37:52 pm »
I remember when the M in MTV was for music.

Oh s#it!

I didn't see that!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #408 on: January 19, 2014, 09:43:44 pm »
Oh s#it!

I didn't see that!

Didn't see the bear....didn't see the "M".....

I dunno, Luis.   :smokin:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #409 on: January 19, 2014, 09:55:26 pm »
It just occurred to me that if the Creative Director of the advertising agency for Omaha Insurance
doesn't have spots ready to play for the Superbowl, he should be fired immediately.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #410 on: January 19, 2014, 10:14:07 pm »

.....just because.   :laugh:

...a table right up front!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #411 on: January 19, 2014, 10:15:43 pm »
It just occurred to me that if the Creative Director of the advertising agency for Omaha Insurance
doesn't have spots ready to play for the Superbowl, he should be fired immediately.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #412 on: January 19, 2014, 10:42:12 pm »
I heard it meant that in the event he didn't have time on the 30 second clock to go through his reads on the defense, that "Omaha" meant disregard the 1st play called in the huddle.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #413 on: January 19, 2014, 10:52:12 pm »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #414 on: January 20, 2014, 01:33:15 am »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #415 on: January 20, 2014, 11:56:52 pm »

Offline TheMom

« Reply #416 on: January 21, 2014, 02:20:59 am »

Rules I live by. 

A few months ago I had both 4 year olds spend the night.  When I asked them what they wanted for dinner, one said "Cheez-Its" the other said "donuts".  At first I said no, then after some thought 'the heck with it'.  They are at Gigi's house ~ Cheez-Its and donuts it is!
I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcasm, and Profanity.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #417 on: January 21, 2014, 03:46:42 am »
Rules I live by. 

A few months ago I had both 4 year olds spend the night.  When I asked them what they wanted for dinner, one said "Cheez-Its" the other said "donuts".  At first I said no, then after some thought 'the heck with it'.  They are at Gigi's house ~ Cheez-Its and donuts it is!

:beer:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #418 on: January 21, 2014, 04:03:43 am »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #419 on: January 21, 2014, 04:08:05 am »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #420 on: January 21, 2014, 04:09:32 am »

Fulgurite is the product of sand being struck by lightning.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #421 on: January 21, 2014, 04:26:36 am »

Stir-Fried Grains with Shrimp and Eggs

INGREDIENTS

4 shallots, thinly sliced
    2 star anise pods (optional)
    ½ dried chile de árbol or ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
    5 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
    Kosher salt
    12 oz. deveined peeled rock shrimp, or large shrimp, cut into ¾” pieces
    4 cloves garlic finely chopped
    2 tablespoons chopped peeled ginger
    2⅓–3 cups cooked grains (such as sorghum, semi-pearled farro, or barley)
    1 tablespoon soy sauce
    1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
    2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
    4 large eggs
    1 red chile, with seeds, thinly sliced into rounds
    1 cup fresh cilantro, basil, and/or mint leaves

Instructions

Combine shallots, star anise, if using, chile de árbol, and 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil in a large wok or skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until shallots are golden, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel–lined plate; discard star anise and red chile. Season shallots with salt.
    Increase heat to high; cook shrimp, garlic, and ginger in wok, tossing, until shrimp are cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to another plate.
    Heat 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil in wok; add grains, pressing evenly against bottom and sides of wok. Cook until grains crackle, about 1 minute; toss and press against pan again. Cook until lightly toasted, about 4 minutes. Add shrimp, soy sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil. Cook, tossing, until liquid is absorbed, about 1 minute.
    Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Fry eggs until whites are set but yolks are still runny, about 3 minutes. Top grains with eggs, crispy shallots, red chile, and herbs.

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/stir-fried-grains-with-shrimp-and-eggs

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #422 on: January 22, 2014, 04:19:52 am »
Spent the last couple of days at the Mouse's town.

Signed on a new client.

Here's their tour de force offering... if the egg isn't runny, you're a wimp.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #423 on: January 22, 2014, 02:02:56 pm »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #424 on: January 28, 2014, 02:32:26 pm »

Somebody.....please TELL ME that Angelina Jolie used temporary ink and did not actually have this tattooed on that body!   :thud: