Author Topic: The Tables Down at Mory's  (Read 355609 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: The Tables Down at Mory's
« Reply #325 on: December 29, 2013, 05:40:12 am »
http://veryculinary.com/2013/02/04/valentines-day-peek-a-boo-pound-cake/

Valentine’s Day Peek-A-Boo Pound Cake

How. Cute. Is. This!? Even I was a little giddy when I sliced a knife through to reveal it turned out perfectly. Cake was solid and moist, hearts plain as day, and the color wasn’t compromised. I originally saw the idea with a pumpkin shape , but didn’t have a chance to make it for Thanksgiving. So why not Valentine’s Day?!

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #326 on: December 29, 2013, 05:43:09 am »
http://iambaker.net/mardi-gras-hi-hat-cupcakes/

Mardi Gras Hi-Hat Cupcakes

There is something so appealing about a Hi-Hat cupcake.  It brings me back to childhood summers when we would sit outside the icecream shop and desperately try to lick up the ice cream and it will melt down our arms.  Cherry dip was always my favorite, but I was always outnumbers by the chocolate lovers.

recipe at link
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #327 on: December 29, 2013, 06:27:52 am »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #328 on: December 29, 2013, 02:37:43 pm »
Giggle and call him papi?

If your aim is good and your reflexes are good.....you punch him in the nutz.

....and run like hell.   

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #329 on: December 29, 2013, 08:42:08 pm »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #330 on: December 29, 2013, 10:18:25 pm »

Too cool!  Great marketing....

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #331 on: December 29, 2013, 11:41:37 pm »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #332 on: December 30, 2013, 02:06:22 am »

Just beautiful! 

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #333 on: December 30, 2013, 02:52:29 am »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #334 on: December 30, 2013, 03:48:34 am »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #335 on: December 30, 2013, 02:01:21 pm »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #336 on: December 30, 2013, 02:03:57 pm »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #337 on: December 30, 2013, 06:07:27 pm »
Philosophical question.

In a theoretical fight between a rented mule and the red-headed stepchild in a black man's family, who gets beaten?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #338 on: December 30, 2013, 08:57:34 pm »
Philosophical question.

In a theoretical fight between a rented mule and the red-headed stepchild in a black man's family, who gets beaten?

You just invented perpetual motion.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #339 on: December 30, 2013, 09:19:36 pm »
You just invented perpetual motion.

Ya think?

I have yet to come up with a plausible outcome.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #340 on: December 31, 2013, 12:18:03 am »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #341 on: December 31, 2013, 12:53:36 am »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #342 on: December 31, 2013, 02:27:58 am »
You unrepentant mysogynist you.

LOL!  I know.   I struggled with whether I should post it today.

.....for about three seconds.   :beer:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #343 on: December 31, 2013, 04:49:47 am »

Rumors persist and getting louder as to why she can't land with one man.     Hmmmmm......... :laugh:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #344 on: December 31, 2013, 05:03:54 am »

Rumors persist and getting louder as to why she can't land with one man.     Hmmmmm......... :laugh:

How many does she require?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #345 on: December 31, 2013, 05:22:06 am »
How many does she require?

More to the point - where is the sign up sheet?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #346 on: December 31, 2013, 09:58:42 pm »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #347 on: December 31, 2013, 10:56:17 pm »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #348 on: January 01, 2014, 12:48:59 am »
When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let’s all get drunk, and go to heaven!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #349 on: January 01, 2014, 02:12:41 am »
Happy New Year to you and yours, Luis!   :beer: