Author Topic: The Tables Down at Mory's  (Read 355545 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: The Grab Bag
« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2012, 02:45:01 am »

It's a $#*%# drive through for God's sake!

WTF?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Rapunzel

Re: The Grab Bag
« Reply #101 on: August 20, 2012, 03:11:47 am »
I like this picture of Mitt and Ann Romney -- sunset on the lake in NH - taken by Tagg Romney

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: The Tables Down at Mory's
« Reply #102 on: August 21, 2012, 03:55:09 am »
“In my next life I want to live my life backwards. You start out dead and get that out of the way. Then you wake up in an old people's home feeling better every day. You get kicked out for being too healthy, go collect your pension, and then when you start work, you get a gold watch and a party on your first day. You work for 40 years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You party, drink alcohol, and are generally promiscuous, then you are ready for high school. You then go to primary school, you become a kid, you play. You have no responsibilities, you become a baby until you are born. And then you spend your last 9 months floating in luxurious spa-like conditions with central heating and room service on tap, larger quarters every day and then Voila! You finish off as an orgasm!” - Woody Allen
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2012, 04:08:55 am »
I thought that title looked familiar :pondering:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Oceander

« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2012, 04:23:46 am »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2012, 05:11:09 am »

It was 1982, the lighting was terrible, the camera equipment prehistoric, the sound awful, and the camera women (along with about half the band) were stoned.

All in all, good times, good times.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2012, 12:11:11 am »
Those are great!  :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2012, 10:17:22 pm »
Charlsie A. Bailey
February 17, 1953 - July 5, 2012

Dance, as if that was all that mattered in life, live as if all that mattered was dance.

R.I.P. CA...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 12:11:06 am by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 11:04:07 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2012, 11:07:44 pm »

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2012, 11:23:25 pm »

Thanks for that nice clip. I haven't heard that song or played along with it, as I did just now, for a very long time. There's nothing quite like the resonant and sonorous sound of a twelve-string guitar.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2012, 05:30:12 am »
Thanks for that nice clip. I haven't heard that song or played along with it, as I did just now, for a very long time. There's nothing quite like the resonant and sonorous sound of a twelve-string guitar.

Glad you enjoyed it.

It's been a bad day.

Oceander

« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2012, 02:17:12 pm »
Glad you enjoyed it.

It's been a bad day.

My apologies, and sympathies.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2012, 02:25:34 pm »
My apologies, and sympathies.

It's a strange feeling, finding out that someone that you had once been married to has passed away.

Offline TheMom

« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2012, 03:05:08 pm »
It's a strange feeling, finding out that someone that you had once been married to has passed away.

That is so true.  When I learned that my first husband passed, I cried just a bit.
I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcasm, and Profanity.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2012, 03:06:21 pm »

It's been a bad day.

Hope today is better amigo.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2012, 03:08:03 pm »
There is so much that's been left unsaid.

There almost always is.

And yet, between people who know each other intimately,  there is much that need not be said to be understood.

My wife lost her mom last week. She regrets not having told her mother more often... well, you know. But her mother knew it, without a doubt. That is perhaps cold comfort in a moment of fresh loss and grief. Over time and at least in my own experience, it warms.

Here's to better days...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2012, 03:12:45 pm »

I'm sorry Luis.  I didn't know you lost someone who was dear.  Be grateful for the good times.  My sincere sympathies.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2012, 09:00:44 pm »

Make sure you listen to the whole thing.

Offline Queen

« Reply #121 on: September 04, 2012, 05:02:38 am »
A very gentle Southern lady was driving across the Savannah River Bridge in Georgia one day. As she neared the top of the bridge, she noticed a young man fixin' to jump. She stopped her car, rolled down the window and said, 'Please don't jump, think of your dear mother and father.'

He replied, 'Mom and Dad are both dead; I'm going to jump.'

She said, 'Well, think of your wife and children.'

He replied, 'I'm not married and I don't have any kids.'

She said, 'Well, think of Robert E. Lee.'

He replied, ''Who the hell is Robert E. Lee?''

She replied, ''Well bless your heart. You just go ahead and jump, you dumb-ass Yankee.'

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #122 on: September 04, 2012, 05:04:30 am »
LOL good one queen!  :patriot:

Offline Queen

« Reply #123 on: September 04, 2012, 05:05:38 am »
A child was asked to write a book report on the entire Bible. Here is what was written:

The Children's Bible in a Nutshell

In the beginning, which occurred near the start, there was nothing but God, darkness, and some gas. The Bible says, 'The Lord thy God is one,' but I think He must be a lot older than that.
Anyway, God said, 'Give me a light!' and someone did.
Then God made the world.
He split the Adam and made Eve. Adam and Eve were naked, but they weren't embarrassed because mirrors hadn't been invented yet.
Adam and Eve disobeyed God by eating one bad apple, so they were driven from the Garden of Eden.....Not sure what they were driven in though, because they didn't have cars.
Adam and Eve had a son, Cain, who hated his brother as long as he was Abel.
Pretty soon all of the early people died off, except for Methuselah, who lived to be like a million or something.
One of the next important people was Noah, who was a good guy, but one of his kids was kind of a Ham. Noah built a large boat and put his family and some animals on it. He asked some other people to join him, but they said they would have to take a rain check.
After Noah came Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Jacob was more famous than his brother, Esau, because Esau sold Jacob his birthmark in exchange for some pot roast. Jacob had a son named Joseph who wore a really loud sports coat.
Another important Bible guy is Moses, whose real name was Charlton Heston. Moses led the Israel Lights out of Egypt and away from the evil Pharaoh after God sent ten plagues on Pharaoh's people. These plagues included frogs, mice, lice,bowels, and no cable.

God fed the Israel Lights every day with manicotti. Then he gave them His Top Ten Commandments. These include: don't lie, cheat, smoke, dance, or covet your neighbor's stuff.
Oh, yeah, I just thought of one more: Humor thy father and thy mother.
One of Moses' best helpers was Joshua who was the first Bible guy to use spies. Joshua fought the battle of Geritol and the fence fell over on the town.
After Joshua came David.. He got to be king by killing a giant with a slingshot. He had a son named Solomon who had about 300 wives and 500 porcupines. My teacher says he was wise, but that doesn't sound very wise to me.
After Solomon there were a bunch of major league prophets. One of these was Jonah, who was swallowed by a big whale and then barfed up on the shore.
There were also some minor league prophets, but I guess we don't have to worry about them.
After the Old Testament came the New Testament. Jesus is the star of The New Testament. He was born in Bethlehem in a barn.(I wish I had been born in a barn too, because my mom is always saying to me, 'Close the door! Were you born in a barn?' It would be nice to say, 'As a matter of fact, I was.')
During His life, Jesus had many arguments with sinners like the Pharisees and the Republicans.
Jesus also had twelve opossums. The worst one was Judas Asparagus. Judas was so evil that they named a terrible vegetable after him.
Jesus was a great man. He healed many leopards and even preached to some Germans on the Mount.
But the Republicans and all those guys put Jesus on trial before Pontius the Pilot. Pilot didn't stick up for Jesus. He just washed his hands instead.
Anyways, Jesus died for our sins, then came back to life again. He went up to Heaven but will be back at the end of the Aluminium. His return is foretold in the book of Revolution.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #124 on: September 04, 2012, 05:20:53 am »
LOL Queen that was a funny read!!!  :amen: