Author Topic: Carrie Underwood endorses gay marriage  (Read 2037 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Carrie Underwood endorses gay marriage
« on: June 11, 2012, 10:45:32 pm »
http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/2012/06/carrie-underwood-endorses-gay-marriage-125858.html

Carrie Underwood endorses gay marriage

By CAITLIN MCDEVITT |
6/11/12 4:42 PM EDT

Country star Carrie Underwood expressed her support for same-sex marriage in a recent interview with The Independent.

"As a married person myself, I don't know what it's like to be told I can't marry somebody I love, and want to marry," the singer famous for the hit “Jesus Take the Wheel” told the paper. "I can't imagine how that must feel. I definitely think we should all have the right to love, and love publicly, the people that we want to love."

"Above all, God wanted us to love others,” said Underwood, who was raised Baptist but now belongs to a non-denominational church. “It's not about setting rules, or [saying] 'everyone has to be like me'. No. We're all different. That's what makes us special. We have to love each other and get on with each other. It's not up to me to judge anybody."

Underwood added that she's bothered by "people who use the Bible for hate.”

"That's not how I would want myself as a Christian to be represented,” she said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Carrie Underwood endorses gay marriage
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 10:52:18 pm »
Oy vey!

Shut up and sing!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 04:35:35 am »
In the 70s, it was John Denver.

In the late 90s/early 2000s, it was the Dixie Chicks.

Now it's Carrie.

The country music scene has always had a resident liberal.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 12:11:03 am »
There goes a lot of her fans.

She should ask the Dixie Chicks how well moving to the left worked for them.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

famousdayandyear

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 12:16:12 am »