Author Topic: Cannes: Scientology Will Have to Deal with 'The Master'  (Read 1971 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cannes: Scientology Will Have to Deal with 'The Master'
« on: May 23, 2012, 12:30:03 am »
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerfriedman/2012/05/22/cannes-scientology-will-have-to-deal-with-the-master/

Media & Entertainment
|
5/22/2012 @ 11:35AM |4,132 views
Cannes: Scientology Will Have to Deal with 'The Master'

The Master Official Teaser Trailer #1 - Paul Thomas Anderson Movie (2012) HD

It’s pretty clear from last night’s screening that “The Master,” directed by Paul Thomas Anderson, is all about the early days of Scientology. Philip Seymour Hoffman is clearly playing L. Ron Hubbard, creating his cult religion with the help of his wife (Amy Adams). In the clip reel we saw, Joaquin Phoenix is some kind of drifter who gets involved with the couple and become Hoffman’s right hand man.

Phoenix in real life has been on a sabbatical from acting. So it’s kind of interesting that he took this role. He and his family grew up in a cult in Florida, where the kids all changed their names. But the acting from all three principals in the clips was superb. Whatever PTA has in mind, it’s going to be controversial. Scientology doesn’t like people messing with their made up history. This should cause quite a discussion.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Cannes: Scientology Will Have to Deal with 'The Master'
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 05:09:22 pm »
Paul Thomas Anderson might want to consider hiring a food taster and someone to start his car for him.  whistle
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Scythian

• I won't be told anymore that I've been brought down in this storm
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 05:43:46 pm »
He can sure play a role, in Gladiator he made you absolutely hate him, I think he's an incredible actor, in large part, because he's probably not acting all that much.  He vexes me, I'm deeply vexed.
It is almost a law of history that the same wealth that generates a civilization announces its decay. For wealth produce ease as well as art; it softens a people to the ways of luxury and peace and invites invasion from stronger arms and hungrier mouths.

- Will Durant

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 06:06:05 pm »
He can sure play a role, in Gladiator he made you absolutely hate him, I think he's an incredible actor, in large part, because he's probably not acting all that much.  He vexes me, I'm deeply vexed.
How about him playing Johnny Cash?

(I know he has a mild hair lip, but am I the only one, or does he have something with his left shoulder, slouched down and forward? IOW a defect, or a posture thing?)
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 06:24:09 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34