Author Topic: If you were a chicken, what would you do on a hot sunny day..??  (Read 1372 times)

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
How far off can summer be when the poultry starts staging what look like mass casualty drills in the yard, but is really just innocent (??) sunbathing...??

Of course, what can possibly be better than just sunbathing, when you can be taking a nice dust bath in the middle of a construction zone??

They lay in the dirt and go spastic kicking it up under their wings and all over each other.  Its how they clean and dry their feathers and get the body oils out of them.  They don't sweat so they have to come clean somehow.  They usually dust bathe in the chicken run where there is a bed of dry covered sand, but yesterday I let them out for a promenade and found them right in the middle of my patio excavation raising a dust cloud like Pigpen on Charlie Brown....

Endlessly amusing...

:beer:

« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 02:36:19 am by Chieftain »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: If you were a chicken, what would you do on a hot sunny day..??
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 02:39:20 am »
I had no idea chickens sunbathed.....lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ladybug

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 04:41:27 am »
Chickens are very stupid...they also will kill and eat each other...they also run around with their heads cut off...I've got pictures...

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 04:58:28 am »
Are those Banties? (sp)
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776