Author Topic: Ann Romney's Response to Rosen  (Read 994 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Ann Romney's Response to Rosen
« on: April 12, 2012, 09:38:31 pm »
Ann Romney's Response to Rosen
April 12, 2012

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: You want to hear a little Ann Romney? She responded to Hilary Rosen this morning. She was on Fox with Martha MacCallum who said, "I'm curious on a personal level because I know how it can feel when these kinds of things are said. What was your personal gut reaction when you heard Hilary Rosen say those words?"

ANN ROMNEY:  She should have come to my house when those five boys were causing so much trouble.  It wasn't so easy.  My career choice was to be a mother, and I think all of us need to know that we need to respect choices that women make.  Other women make other choices to have a career and raise a family, which I think Hilary Rosen has actually done herself.  I respect that.  That's wonderful.  There are other people that have a choice.  We have to respect women in all those choices that they make.  I will tell you that Mitt said to me more times than you would imagine, "Ann, your job is more important than mine."  Mitt respects women that make those different choices.  He had a lot of women in his life that have been his advisers, that he listens to a lot of different women.

RUSH:  This is what the Democrats are trying to make the election about, and that's why it has to be headed off at the pass.  Grab number four because here's Ann Romney, she gets to Snerdley's major point, which is it's about the economy.

ANN ROMNEY:  Hilary needs to know this because I've been on the campaign trail for one year, and guess what women are talking about?  And I don't care if they're stay-at-home moms or they're working mothers or they're grandmothers, guess what they're all talking about?  They're talking about jobs and they're talking about the legacy of debt that we're leaving our children.  That's what I'm hearing.

MACCALLUM:  Yeah.

ANN ROMNEY:  And that's what we're talking about here.

RUSH:  Exactly right.  This is what has them upset about her.  This is what they don't want her saying in public.  They don't want her advising Romney to talk about this.  That's why they're trying to kill her politically. That's why they tried to wipe her out. That's why Hilary Rosen said she doesn't know what she's talking about, she's never worked a day in her life.  She's too effective.  She's on the campaign trail. She's talking to the women, she hears them, and women are like anybody else; they want jobs, too.  They have families; they need income.  They're not worried about birth control pills.  It's not a problem.  It's called Walmart.  You can get 'em for nine bucks.  I don't know from personal experience, but I've been told.  Guess I'm not allowed to talk about that, am I?

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: We're gonna go in reverse order.  Here is Ann Romney again this morning on Fox with Martha MacCallum.

ANN ROMNEY:  Hilary needs to know this because I've been on the campaign trail for one year, and guess what women are talking about?  And I don't care if they're stay-at-home moms or they're working mothers or they're grandmothers, guess what they're all talking about?  They're talking about jobs and they're talking about the legacy of debt that we're leaving our children.  That's what I'm hearing.

MACCALLUM:  Yeah.

ANN ROMNEY:  And that's what we're talking about here.

Ann Romney Responds to Hillary Rosen "I have struggled too" 4/12/2012

RUSH:  Now, let's go to the Hilary Rosen last night on CNN, ticked off that Ann Romney is talking this way.

ROSEN:  What you have is Mitt Romney running around the country saying, "Well, you know, my wife tells me that what women really care about are economic issues. And when I listen to my wife, that's what I'm hearing." Guess what? His wife has actually never worked a day in her life. She's never really dealt with the kinds of economic issues that a majority of the women in this country are facing in terms of how do we feed our kids, how do we send them to school, and why we worry about their future.  There's something much more fundamental about Mitt Romney. He just seems so old-fashioned when it comes to women. And I think that comes across. And I think that that's going to hurt him over the long term. He just doesn't really see us as equal.

RUSH:  That is preposterous, absolutely preposterous.  That's a cliche, and she's plugging him into a cliche that the feminists have constructed and built and used since the 1960s, the late sixties.  And for her to sit here and talk about the pressures that women face:  How do we feed our kids?  How do we send 'em to school?  We worry about their future. Everybody's worried about that 'cause of Obama, Ms. Rosen, and you ought to be worried about it, too, because of Mr. Obama.  'Cause he's the one wreaking havoc on all these precious schools and with this precious economy.

But Hilary Rosen: Ann Romney doesn't have the right to say that. She doesn't have the right to tell other people what women are telling her.  Ann Romney's on the campaign trail, she's talking to women.  They're telling her what their problems are.  She tells her husband, she tells Martha MacCallum on Fox.  Hilary Rosen:  She doesn't have a right to do that.  She's never worked a day in her life.  The hostility here, the censorship.  Hilary Rosen and the Democrat National Committee want Ann Romney censored.  Obama wants his opponents swept off the playing field.  She doesn't want a level playing field, doesn't want any opponents.  That's who these people are.

END TRANSCRIPT

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald