Author Topic: Every Liberal Solution to a Problem Inevitably Makes That Problem Worse  (Read 1258 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Every Liberal Solution to a Problem Inevitably Makes That Problem Worse
March 22, 2012

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: There are really two despicable AP stories today.  Quote: "Among the things the government can do to bring relief to drivers is reduce gasoline taxes or push to get more fuel-efficient cars on the road. The first new fuel standards since 1990 are just now going into effect, and the US auto fleet is more efficient than ever." So why is the price still going up?  I want you to think about something.  We have, as required by federal law, had more and more stringent fuel efficiency standards for 20 years.  We had the catalytic converter. We've had all kinds of limits on emissions.

We've had cars produced. We've had little puddle jumpers out there that get a lot of gas mileage but no power. We've been doing this for a long, long time is my point.  It's not just... This idea that fuel efficiency standards that were implemented in 1990 are just now going into effect is a crock!  I'm sitting here and I'm recalling during the Clinton years we did parodies on them.  On Clinton and all of the new CAFE standards.  Now, that's in the nineties.  Corporate Average Fuel Efficiency, the CAFE standards.  And they were raised, and they're raised every three or four years, meaning that every manufacturer of automobiles (when they combine the whole fleet of cars and trucks they manufacture) the average miles per gallon's gotta be X. It goes up, and it's been going on for 25 years.

And it's all been under the pretext conservation and reducing dependence on foreign oil.

None of that's happened, has it?  We still depend on foreign oil.  Despite manufacturers being told they gotta build crap cars, we still have the price of gasoline going up.  Don't we?  Despite 25 years of fuel efficiency standards being mandated by the federal government onto manufacturers.  "The US auto fleet is now more efficient than ever," and yet the price of gas is still going up, and we still depend on foreign oil as much as ever. So what has it all been worth?  "Well, Mr. Limbaugh," the New Castrati interrupting, "at least you can say, Mr. Limbaugh, that pollution has reduced." Oh, it has?  Then how come we saw the global warming threat, Mr. New Castrati?

If we've reduced emissions and we have made the air cleaner, then what's the threat?  If every one of these cockeyed liberal ideas worked, then why do we still have the same exact problem only worse in every respect?  And the answer is because their ideas don't work.  They result in crappier stuff, underperforming stuff, stuff that people really don't want. Stuff that manufacturers, if left to their own devices, would not make.  That's where we end up and despite all that we still have higher gas prices, and despite all that we still have global warming, and despite all of that we still have a huge dependency on foreign oil.

So where, I ask, is the magic of all these liberal solutions to these problems?

And the answer is: Every solution liberals come up with for a problem makes that problem worse, directly and also via unintended consequences like the breakup of the black family, which nobody wanted to happen, but it did.

Liberalism doesn't work, and it makes me mad.

That's the bottom line.

END TRANSCRIPT

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald