Author Topic: Gingrich and Perry Blew It  (Read 1630 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Gingrich and Perry Blew It
« on: January 11, 2012, 08:45:06 pm »
Gingrich and Perry Blew It
January 11, 2012

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  You know, folks, it is -- (laughing) -- it is amazing.  As I go through the news today, looking at the establishment websites, looking at the conservative establishment, media establishment websites, they're starting to have some regrets about Romney.  Really, they are.  I have two or three examples here, but there are some creeping doubts now about Romney on the establishment Republican side.

Anyway, greetings.  How are you?  Great to have you here.  Rush Limbaugh, middle of it week, hump day, great to have you at 800-282-2882.  The e-mail address, ElRushbo@eibnet.com.

All right, we're now facing, where we are is the final push, final push now to get Romney the nomination.  You have to say that Newt and Perry blew it the last two days.  I don't care what you think, folks, the attacks that they mounted on Romney are not defensible.  You just can't put your name to 'em.  All you can do is remember Bill Clinton.  He was confronted at one point about some crazy attack ads that he was running.  I don't remember specifically which ones, and supporters in the media, "Do you really mean this?"  Clinton said, (imitating Clinton) "Well, you know, you gotta do what you gotta do. I mean, I'm faced here with a problem and I gotta do what I gotta do."  So, hopefully, Perry and Newt are just doing what they think they've gotta do, last straw, do everything.  Maybe there's some hidden reason we don't know that they're trying to demonstrate Romney's un-electability.  All I do know is you can't put your name to defending it, just can't do it.

END TRANSCRIPT
________________________________________________________________________________________
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

Re: Gingrich and Perry Blew It
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 08:58:49 pm »
Yep, both Gingrich and Perry fell over each other trying to be first to sound like "occupy the GOP."

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 09:44:52 pm »
And to prove how stupid Gingrich and Perry were, Gingrich is walking it back already today.

Can you picture the spinning groupies, getting more dizzy by the day? The Whirling Dervish comes to mind.

Nowhere on their checklist for perfect conservitism purity will you find judgement.

That just finished Gingrich, from whom nobody quite wants to hear another "I'm sorry."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 10:24:23 pm »
Good post, truth.

My how the mighty have fallen.  I may have to walk back past praise I had for Newt's intellect.  It certainly wasn't on display here.  With Perry one could understand.  But, Newt?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 10:50:12 pm »
oh the drama....... where was the moral outrage when Romney was doing this to the other candidates who had the nerve to run against him!
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 11:21:31 pm »
http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/01/newt-gingrich-dismisses-rush-limbaughs-freakout-about-his-rhetoric.php

Newt Shrugs Off Rush Limbaugh Freakout

Evan McMorris-Santoro January 11, 2012, 11:57 AM 7432 154

ROCK HILL, SC — Newt Gingrich told me he’s not worried about the blistering attack by Rush Limbaugh on his recent rhetoric attacking how Mitt Romney got rich. As he works to coalesce the fractured anti-Romney vote in South Carolina, I asked him after an event here if he was concerned that criticism from conservative icons like Limbaugh — who said Monday that Gingrich “sounds like Elizabeth Warren” and is turning off his conservative base.

On his first stop since the New Hampshire primary, Newt Gingrich arrived here Wednesday morning to a press corps eager to hear more of his attacks on Romney. Gingrich basically steered clear of the tough stuff in a half-hour address to a 300 or so person crowd at a country club. He didn’t even mention Romney’s name. But afterwards, speaking to a press gaggle, he went hard after Romney again. And he shrugged off the fact that he’s increasingly moving into Limbaugh’s line of fire.

“I’m prepared to have people irritated on the right and the left,” Gingrich told me in the gaggle.

Limbaugh has been especially tough on Gingrich since he shifted his focus to Bain. Gingrich’s super PAC is expected to go hard after Romney’s business record, accusing Romney of laying off thousands to make a buck.

Rush is not happy about this. “You could have read this in an Occupy Wall Street flyer,” he told his audience Monday, according to Jon Ward. “The left could not improve on this.”

The dynamics in South Carolina are thus: Rick Santorum, Gingrich and even Rick Perry are expected to carve up the anti-Romney vote, leaving Romney with a glide path to another win and, probably, the nomination. Gingrich needs to coalesce these voters behind him to have a shot at beating Romney, and Limbaugh made it clear he doesn’t think going after Bain will help.

“Newt is not sounding like a conservative when he’s making these attacks,” Limbaugh said Monday. “He’s not giving people reason to vote for him. Trust me on this.”

I asked Gingrich how he intended to rally the right around him with Limbaugh going after him like this. Here’s his full answer:

I think the American people deserve to know things. I’m prepared to have people irritated on the right and the left, because I think the American people — we have gone through the longest, deepest recession since the Great Depression. We’ve had families dispossessed of their homes, we’ve had people who’s businesses have been closed. We’ve had banking rules that have been anti-small town, anti-independent bank, anti-home buying. And I think the American people deserve to know a lot more facts about how we got in the mess we’re in now and frankly if that makes some people uncomfortable, you know, I would examine why are they uncomfortable? I think the best example of free enterprise is to have honest accountability. And I am very pro-free enterprise, but I also believe in honesty and accountability.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 01:13:25 am »
oh the drama....... where was the moral outrage when Romney was doing this to the other candidates who had the nerve to run against him!

Admit it, Rap.  You've got the hots for me, don't you?   :smokin: