Author Topic: Obama Crony Andy Stern: Abandon Capitalism for ChiCom Model  (Read 1027 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Obama Crony Andy Stern: Abandon Capitalism for ChiCom Model
« on: December 01, 2011, 10:48:12 pm »
Obama Crony Andy Stern: Abandon Capitalism for ChiCom Model
December 01, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Folks, just like with the communists in the Soviet Union or the ChiComs, the ultimate goal of the Democrat Party is to discourage anyone from getting anything unless it comes from The Party -- The Party equaling the government.  It is precisely why Barack Obama wants to eliminate all tax deductions for charitable donations.  He wants the government to take that over or The Party -- and, lo and behold, just as if they knew what was going to be interesting to me today, there is a piece in the Wall Street Journal published by Andy Stern, who used to head up the Service Employees International Union, has always been one of Obama's big fan boys.  The piece is entitled, "China's Superior Economic Model."

"Mr. Stern was president of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) and is now senior fellow at Columbia University's Richman Center." Let me sum this up for you: Andy Stern says capitalism and free markets have been shown not to work, they are a fraud; that what we need to do is to become China.  China is communist.  That's what we need to do.  Let me read you sections of it.  "Andy Grove, the founder and chairman of Intel, provocatively wrote in Businessweek last year that, 'Our fundamental economic beliefs, which we have elevated from a conviction based on
observation to an unquestioned truism, is that the free market is the best of all economic systems -- the freer the better. Our generation has seen the decisive victory of free-market principles over planned economies.

"So we stick with this belief largely oblivious to emerging evidence that while free markets beat planned economies, there may be room for a modification that is even better.' The past few weeks have proven Mr. Grove's point, as our relations with China, and that country's impact on America's future, came to the forefront of American politics." He goes on to talk about the work that he's done with the ChiComs.  He says, "The conservative-preferred, free-market fundamentalist, shareholder-only model -- so successful in the 20th century -- is being thrown onto the trash heap of history in the 21st century." The free market is being thrown on the trash heap.

"In an era when countries need to become economic teams, Team USA's results -- a jobless decade, 30 years of flat median wages, a trade deficit, a shrinking middle class and phenomenal gains in wealth but only for the top 1% -- are pathetic." That's his review and assessment.  Mr. Stern ignores the 4.7% unemployment rate for much of the Bush years. After coming out of the recession and the 9/11 attacks, we had an economic boom, and unemployment... In fact, I remember when unemployment rose to about 5%, the media started talking about, "Uh-oh, we are in a recession!" At 5%, there was panic, and the Bush policies were said to be inflationary. "Oh, no!" It was a disaster.

For thee years the media tried to convince everybody we were in a recession or heading to one -- and now look! The "new normal" is 9%, 18% real unemployment.  This guy, Daniel Hannan, who is the member of parliament from Britain who's on American TV quite frequently, has written a piece called "A Memo to the Occupy Wall Street Crowd." He points out to them that everything that's happened in this country since 2008 is not capitalism: Bailouts; government buying car companies; investing in phony, fraudulent green energy things.  This is not capitalism that's happened in this country in the last three years!  We haven't had any capitalism.  And the truth of the matter is, that's why we're in the situation that we're in.  We have already abandoned it with this regime.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  I'm kidding you not, folks.  These people will tell us who they are and what they are on occasion, like the New York Times piece on Monday and the Obama campaign having no interest in white, working class families.  Here's Andy Stern in the Wall Street Journal telling us the free market system is an abject failure; it's had its run; we need to be like China.  I don't know if Andy Stern is just ignorant or venal or if he's just a flat-out communist.  Probably all three.  You know, John Edwards ran around and talked about the two Americas.  China is at least two countries.  You have the rich city rats and the poor country mice.  I remember for my birthday in 2009, I was a guest at the White House. I had lunch with the president, George Bush.

No, wait, it was a different occasion.  It was the previous August, and I was invited to the White House.  We had dinner -- the president, first lady and I -- but prior to that he and Ed Gillespie and I went to the Treaty Room, which is up in the residence quarters for about an hour and a half.  The president took me around the world, told me what was going on, the flash points.  When he got to China he told me a little story. He said, "I was talking to Hu Jintao, and I said, 'Hu, when you get up every day, what's the biggest challenge you've got?' and the president of China said, 'I have to keep my peasants in the country.  If my peasants flood the cities, I lose control of them.  I don't have the jobs in the cities for 'em.  I have got to keep 'em where they are.  Plus, I have to create 25 million jobs a year, but I can't let the peasants over here.'

This is what the president of the United States told me, that the ChiComs would not survive if every peasant tried to get into a city or a job 'cause they just weren't there.  So now, as it turns out, you have to have a green card to move from the country to the city, and they are almost impossible to get.  The Chinese peasants are almost as poor as they ever have been.  The rich in China, for the most part -- the really rich that would be rich in the sense that you and I think of rich -- are trying to leave, because they are targets.  No wonder Andy Stern loves this system!  But the rich in China, for the most part, live lives that the worst of our poor would reject -- and I am not exaggerating.  China is not a dreamland.  China is a command-and-control economy.

Now, Andy Stern has a BA in Education and Urban Planning, 1971; and one of the fields of study that he looked into is one that China is probably going to ban in their colleges: urban planning.  They don't want anybody to know how to do it.  One example of Andy Stern's successes -- in fact, it's what made him famous and got him into the leadership of the SEIU.  The SEIU started out in New York City at the turn of the century (the last century) representing doormen and superintendents, janitors and so forth in New York City buildings.  In the 1980s and early nineties he started a program called Justice for Janitors.  He radicalized those kinds of workers in New York City and Los Angeles who went on strike and stormed meetings and used all kinds of Alinsky-like radicals and tactics.

Now there are almost no supers in New York City buildings, they're gone.  They used to get an apartment and nice salary.  Now the buildings just hire illegals to do work in many cases.  But you go back to China? China has probably the highest income disparity in the entire world.  Poverty in China is defined as somebody earning less than a dollar $1.25 a day.  You know how poverty in this country is defined: $29,500 for a family of four.  Now, the philosophy in this piece, "China's Superior Economic Model," is one that we know Obama shares.  Obama references China all the time.  During the Olympics, Obama would constantly talk about, "You see all that urban renewal they did? You see all that infrastructure they were able to do?"

He has said on more than one occasion, "Gosh, if I was president of China, I could just wave my right hand and get anything done, but I have to go through a Congress here." He's only half joking.  You remember the story of Lincoln Steffens?  Lincoln Steffens said in 1919... He had just returned to America from a tour of Russia during the revolution.  He said, "I have seen the future, and it works."  Lincoln Steffens was a journalist.  Lincoln Steffens was a liberal journalist.  He was independently wealthy.  He was educated.  He was a journalist in the early 1900s and he loved communism and he comes back to America from seeing the Russian Revolution and says, "I have seen the future, and it works."

The irony, of course, is (beyond the fact that it didn't work was) that Lincoln Steffens repeated the quote often during his campaign throughout the United States for food aid to Russia! This guy goes to Russia, a journalist -- an independently wealthy, educated journalist goes to Russia during the revolution, comes home and says, "I have seen the future and it works! By the way, we need food aid for Russia. Americans must band together and donate food for Russians." Wait a minute, I thought the system worked. I thought you'd seen the future, and it works?  So he had come to the presumably nonworking "past," the United States. He goes to Russia; he comes back to the United States (which is the "past," not "future"), and of course that's not working.

Russia, that's the future!  That's the future; that's what's working.  So he comes back to beg for food produced by a country he considers to be in the past and failing to be sent to "the future," Russia, that he said he had seen and it was working.  The only problem was he said they couldn't figure out yet how to feed their citizens, but I've seen the future and it works. I've seen communism, and that's the way to go. I've seen it, but they just can't figure out how to feed their people.  And right there you have it. And there are countless other examples of this.  Neville Chamberlain, in his own way, and then of course -- I'm drawing a mental blank on the New York Times reporter who buried the details of Stalin's famine.  Yeah, he got a Pulitzer for it.

It's Walter something or other.  I can't remember his name off, but this guy went back and he saw the Soviet... Duranty was his name, and he went and he saw the Soviet Union. He saw it, and he lied about it.  He got a Pulitzer Prize for lying about what was going on there! I can't believe how history repeats. It was just 1989 and '90, the Berlin Wall comes down. It was not that long ago that we thought we had defeated state communism, Soviet state communism, and now look where we are.  I don't mean to sound hysterical here, but this has been an incredible week, folks, for what the regime is willing to admit to here.  Andy Stern is Obama.  I think Andy Stern, for the longest time, held the record for most Oval Office visits -- and he still might.  Occupy Wall Street.

No doubt in my mind, Occupy Wall Street, one of the reasons it's falling apart is because of the Republican nomination campaign.  Obama was in New York yesterday, had a fundraiser. By the way, I'm a little jealous.  A hundred Occupy people showed at Obama's fundraiser; they think he's sold out now because Obama's raising money with the 1%.  They feel betrayed.  I only got 15 of these ragamuffins on Tuesday night at Town Hall.  Obama gets a hundred of them! (interruption) Well, that's true. It was raining at mine, and these people are afraid of water.  They love urine, but they're afraid of water.  At any rate, theory out there wearing Guy Fawkes masks.  Really, they feel betrayed Obama's raising money from the 1%.

So they're wandering aimlessly through the bowels of Manhattan trying to figure out what happened to their movement.  I am convinced that the Occupy Wall Street movement is an Obama creation to destroy Romney.  I think they're like everybody else in assuming Romney's gonna be the nominee, Romney is Wall Street, they can make the connection with Bain Capital. Romney loves to talk about how he was a big private sector expert, that he's not been a big government guy, and I think that now that the nomination is not apparently Romney's sewn up, there's a little confusion here.  It's not falling out the way the regime intended.  Nothing is.  But, folks, these two stories -- and I'm sorry if you think I'm beating a dead horse, but I'm really not.  They are instructive as they can be.  They are as informative, educational as they can be.

The op-ed in the New York Times on Monday: Obama abandoning white, middle class voters. We don't want the votes of white working class families, and now a guy who visited the White House... Figure this now: By October of 2009, not even a full year... This number can't be right, 481 times. There's not even 365 days in a year. This guy couldn't have been there that many times. Whatever.  He has set the record. He's been to the White House, Andy Stern has, hundreds of times.  He's no doubt involved in strategery.  Now he writes a piece -- and this is a sentiment that every leftist worth his salt holds from Walter Duranty who all these other romantic who go and find communist countries and say, "Ah, there's the future! We've seen it! It works," except it never has; and, like I said, Daniel Hannan, in a memo to the Occupy Wall Street crowd, points out: Hey, you idiots? He doesn't say that. Those are my words. You idiots running around Occupy Wall Street protesting all this stuff have no idea what you are talking about.  You are not protesting capitalism -- or you are, but capitalism is not what's happened in the last three years in the United States.  What's happened in the United States is not capitalism.  Bailing out banks, bailing out automobile companies, all of the things that you have seen is not capitalism.

He's exactly right.  Capitalism is not what's happening in this country, and here come these Occupy Wall Street people -- and who knows how many others in dire economic circumstances -- who think the problem is free markets, because that's what they believe this country is engaged in now, when of course the word "free" and "Obama" simply can't peacefully co-exist in the same sentence.

END TRANSCRIPT

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald