Author Topic: CNN's Dan Lothian Displays Bold Bias in Question to Obama  (Read 1031 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
CNN's Dan Lothian Displays Bold Bias in Question to Obama
« on: November 14, 2011, 09:49:17 pm »
CNN's Dan Lothian Displays Bold Bias in Question to Obama
November 14, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Cookie sends me the sound bite roster MSNBC-free. There's no MSNBC sound bites. I've been telling everybody for the past week if it weren't for MSNBC, we would not have any liberal sound bites. So I guess Cookie took that as a personal challenge. She's gone out there and she has found liberal sound bites that don't have anything to do with MSNBC. I knew it could be done.
(interruption) Snerdley's in there whining, "I like the MSNBC stuff." I, frankly, to be honest, get sick and tired of telling everybody, "Okay, let's see, so-and-so's on MSNBC." I get so sick of saying "It's on MSNBC last night." Finally it struck me, that's the only place liberals go. CNN, they don't even need guests.

Bernie Goldberg sent me a note today and warned me about this, told me about this. It's Dan Lothian, it's number nine, grab audio sound bite number nine. I want you to listen to this question. This is Dan Lothian at an Obama press conference last night in Honolulu.

LOTHIAN: Last night at the, uh, Republican debate, some of the, uhhh, hopefuls -- they hope to get your job. They defended the practice of waterboarding which is a practice that you banned in 2009. Herman Cain said, quote, "I don't see that as torture." Michele Bachmann said that it's, quote, "very effective." So I'm wondering if you think that they're uninformed, out of touch, or irresponsible.

RUSH: This is a mainstream media guy asking the president of the United States: Do you think that these Republicans in a debate are "uninformed, out of touch, or irresponsible." Folks, this is a more profound example of media bias than you're ever going to hear. This is the reporter sucking up to Obama; and Obama, I think, recognized what a suck-up question it was. This question even embarrassed Obama, because here's Obama's answer.

OBAMA: That's a multiple choice question, isn't it?

WOMAN: (cackling)

OBAMA: Uh, let me just say this: They're wrong. Waterboarding is torture.

RUSH: I think Obama may have wanted the question. I think the way Obama answered that said, "Oh, jeez. I don't need the bias to be this obvious, for crying out loud: '[A]re they uninformed, out of touch, or irresponsible?'" I watched that debate. Did you watch the debate Saturday night, Snerdley? (interruption) I did, quite by accident. I was surfing around and there it is. I missed the first 17 minutes of it. I said, "Oh, my gosh, there's a Republican debate on!" I hit the record button about 17 minutes late. But I saw this waterboarding question and the whole time I'm saying, "Do none of you Republicans know? Khalid Sheikh Mohammed! Khalid Sheikh Mohammed! Khalid Sheikh Mohammed! It worked!"

It worked! It's how we found out everything that happened. It's how we caught some of the bad guys. It worked. I've become... I tell you, folks, I've been struggling for a way to say this. Not that it's difficult to say. I've been struggling for a smart way to say, put into words the reaction I have. Like this Lothian guy. I watch liberals in the media, and I don't care what the subject. Be it feminism or what's happening at Penn State or the discussion at the Republican debate on waterboarding. I don't think that these people actually know what the conservative position on things is. I don't think they do. I think they are that uninformed or ignorant or what have you, purposely. I don't think they have the slightest idea. I think whatever they think conservatism is is just a cliche after cliche after cliche. They haven't the slightest idea what it really is.

As such, they genuinely are shocked when they hear a rational conservative explanation of something. 'Cause they don't know what it is. It doesn't interest them; they think it's all kookery object what have you. But this question, is it "uninformedd, out of touch or irresponsible." It worked! It's credited for bringing guy not know that everybody that's associated with it say it we should? It's credited for Khalid Sheik Mohammed come to heel! It is credited for understanding what we know about 9/11 -- who planned it, what their objective it, where they planned it, the people involved. It's how we caught them. It prevented more. Right, it prevented more. It prevented more acts like of terrorism. I don't think they know. All they know is that whoever did it, whoever conducted the waterboarding ought to be put in jail -- and that's what they want Obama to do.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: Back on May 4th of this year, Tony Harnden of the UK Telegraph had the story: "Leon Panetta, the CIA director, has confirmed that controversial 'enhanced interrogation techniques' such as waterboarding yielded some of the intelligence information that ultimately led to Osama bin Laden." Waterboarding enabled Obama to say he got Osama -- and I remember Panetta, the CIA director at the time, admitting it. Now, these people, like Dan Lothian, I really don't think they even know what can... It's not that they understand it or have had it explained and they've rejected it. They have rejected it without knowing what it is. I mean, conservatism.

The cliches of the day, the absolute simplistic left-wing cliches become SOP (standard operating procedure), become the template, the narrative of the day without question. They're idiotic, and it makes people who believe them blindly look like ill-educated, uneducated, or what have you, uncurious -- and yet these are the smartest and brightest among us by reputation supposedly, journalists. They're blockheads. They're really blockheads. They don't know anything.

END TRANSCRIPT

________________________________________________________________________________
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald