Author Topic: Peanut Butter Prices Skyrocket in Obamaville  (Read 1717 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Peanut Butter Prices Skyrocket in Obamaville
« on: November 03, 2011, 02:11:51 am »
Peanut Butter Prices Skyrocket in Obamaville
November 02, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  Well, finally I find some sound bites here that are not about me.  Okay.  We're gonna start at number 15.  Folks, I'm sorry to do this but I just got the sound bite roster and I'm going through here and it's all about me.  It's got Sharpton talking about me, Brokaw talking about me, everybody talking about me -- and I don't want to play those. So 15 through 19 is where we'll start, and after that, you know, I gotta play it by ear.  How you doing, folks?  Great to have you... (interruption) Oh, I'll play the ones about me, but I'm not gonna lead off the program with the ones about me. (interruption) This program is not about me.  You know how uncomfortable I am talking about myself.  I don't want to make this about me.

If other people want to make it about me, that's fine and dandy but I'm not gonna sit here... (interruption) You will! You'll hear it eventually. I'm just not gonna lead off the show with it.  It's just that simple.  What do you think I am, an ego freak? You think I'm an ego maniac?  You know, if you think I'm doing the show the wrong way, why don't you go out there and call yourself and put yourself on the air and then on the air tell me what you think I'm doing wrong, like all these other callers you've been putting up lately?  Hi, folks, how are you?  Rush Limbaugh, the Limbaugh Institute for Advanced Conservative Studies.  The longer I do it the more people think I don't know what I'm doing.

The longer we are at number one, the less confidence people have that I have the slightest clue what I'm doing here, but I shall persevere. (interruption)  I've been number one since we started, basically, but officially number one, probably since 1989 -- 1990 at the latest.  (interruption) No.  Never gave it up.  No.  Wouldn't give it up.  Nobody else has toppled it.  But look what you people are doing! I don't want to talk about me and you've got me talking about me, and I'm trying to talk about peanut butter here.  I'm gonna relate it to the banks.  You know, all these people (I've been watching the news) are ecstatic that Bank of America and Citibank or whatever the banks are, are not gonna charge $5 month for the debit card. (clapping)

People are applauding, and I pointed out yesterday (sigh): Don't get so happy about this.  This five bucks that you don't think you're gonna be charged, you are gonna be charged.  You're just not gonna see it now.  With the debit card charge, you would have seen it; you would have known.  Now you have no idea where that $5 is gonna be taken from, nor will it just be $5 or more.  For example, "Kraft Foods will raise the prices for its Planters brand peanut butter by 40% starting Monday." Forty percent!  This is a staple of the poor.  This is a staple of the homeless.  This is a staple of America's children.  Peanut butter is up 40%, and I am waiting for somebody to tell me that the banks have conspired with Kraft as a way of getting their $5 debit card charge back.

Forty percent -- and that's just Kraft.  ConAgra, which has Peter Pan peanut butter, is gonna raise their prices 20%; and Smucker's, which makes Jif (which happens to be my favorite) will introduce price increases of around 30% starting Tuesday.  So the peanut butter market has been cornered by somebody here, and prices are skyrocketing here on an American staple of the poor. It's... (interruption) Well, you might want to investigate the peanut industry.  It's gonna take you to Jimmy Carter.  Jimmy Carter had a peanut farm (and he might still have a peanut farm) in Plains, Georgia, and Jimmy Carter's peanuts -- and I don't mean this as a put down, but Jimmy Carter's peanuts -- were not Grade A peanuts. They were the kinds of peanuts that ended up in peanut butter.

There are different grades of peanuts just like there are different grades of all commodities -- fruits, vegetables, and so forth (and people as well) -- and this could be benefiting Jimmy Carter for all we know, if he still owns the peanut plantation.  But I just throw that out there.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  And we have more "success" as Obamaville expands its reach.  I hold in my formerly nicotine-stained fingers a recent dispatch from the Wall Street Journal: "Nearly 15% of the U.S. population relied on food stamps in August, as the number of recipients hit 45.8 million. Food stamp rolls have risen 8.1% in the past year, the Department of Agriculture reported, though the pace of growth has slowed from the depths of the recession." More success for Obamunism.  Forty-five, almost 46 million people on food stamps.

END TRANSCRIPT

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Re: Peanut Butter Prices Skyrocket in Obamaville
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 02:14:07 am »
Got to have my Jif creamy peanut butter and Welch's grape jelly on classic white Wonder Bread.

.....OK-OK!  With 2% milk. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 02:26:48 am »
Got to have my Jif creamy peanut butter and Welch's grape jelly on classic white Wonder Bread.

.....OK-OK!  With 2% milk. 

Sounds good!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 03:39:51 am »
I heard about a month ago this was coming down the pike, bought a jar this week... I'm a PB and green apples kinda girl.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 03:43:49 am »
Hmmmm....heard of PB and celery.

Not with apples.

You can also do PB and Hershey's syrup like tequila shots with salt and lemon.     :silly:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 03:47:58 am »
Hmmmm....heard of PB and celery.

Not with apples.

You can also do PB and Hershey's syrup like tequila shots with salt and lemon.     :silly:

That sounds sort of gross, DC... Try quartering a green apple and spread some chunky on it .. ummm
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 03:52:55 am »
That sounds sort of gross, DC... Try quartering a green apple and spread some chunky on it .. ummm

I will do that, Rap!

Must go to Costco and get the multi-pack.  BEFORE Tuesday.    :silly:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 03:40:28 pm »
I heard about a month ago this was coming down the pike, bought a jar this week... I'm a PB and green apples kinda girl.
Glenn Beck has been talking about this, which probably will create a PB panic. 
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org