Author Topic: What the Tea Party Started in 2010 is Waiting to be Taken to the Landslide Bank  (Read 1301 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
What the Tea Party Started in 2010 is Waiting to be Taken to the Landslide Bank in 2012
October 25, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Samantha in Cincinnati. Great to have you, Samantha. Welcome.

CALLER: Hi, Rush. Thanks for taking my call.

RUSH: Yes, madam.

CALLER: I'd like to get your opinion as to why you think the media, with rare exceptions, give Mitt Romney a pass. I think his record is just as dysfunctional as anyone else's, if not more in certain areas, and I'd like to get your thoughts on that.

RUSH: Why is the media giving Romney a pass?

CALLER: Yes.

RUSH: Well, I've said as recently as yesterday -- of course this got me into huge trouble and today it's gonna get me in trouble again. I said yesterday that I think the White House wants to run against Romney. There's part of me that thinks that and there's another part of me that's not sure about it, but I know that the White House is eager to run against Romney the way he's running around defending Romneycare because they're out there saying that Romney is the foundation of Obamacare, and that's a problem for him. But if the architect of Obamacare is the Republican nominee, they like that, if they think they can make that case.

CALLER: Mmm-hmm. Yes.

RUSH: But Romney... You know, the 2008, Romney caught hell from the media over being Mormon and a number of other things. Cycles change, and there are more conservative Republicans running for the nomination this time around than were in 2008. In 2008, Romney was probably the most conservative guy that was running. You had Giuliani, who backed out, never was really serious about it. You had McCain, not conservative. Huckabee really wasn't, and that got me in all kinds of trouble saying that. Then you had Huckabee teaming up in West Virginia to take out Romney and then you had Charlie Crist who is not a conservative endorsing McCain in Florida. Now Romney is the least conservative of all of these candidates running, and therefore the one thing that scares liberal Democrats is conservatives. That's who they know they'll lose to. That's what's so frustrating about this! Then you have the establishment Republicans on our side who also don't want a conservative nominee, because they won't be part of any conservative nominee's administration, unless they can worm their way in there somehow, like they did in the second term of Reagan. Anyway, every cycle is different. Now, Samantha, I just want to understand: You're not a Romney supporter right now?

CALLER: No. I'm currently not a Romney supporter.

RUSH: Who are you supporting right now?

CALLER: I like Herman Cain. I like Michele Bachmann.

RUSH: Okay.

CALLER: You know, I'm still vetting the candidates -- and I think you touched on this. When there are five or six candidates and you hit someone that has fundamental view differences, for instance, like Romneycare, you know, you can go to the next candidate.

RUSH: Yeah.

CALLER: I'm done vetting at that point, although truth be told I've been vetting Romney since 2004 when he started making noises for '08. I think a lot of people on the ground, the people who knock on doors are kind of coming around to the reality of his record.

RUSH: Well, that's the Tea Party, you're talking about. The Tea Party is another new dynamic that wasn't around in 2008. The Tea Party has shown what's possible in 2010. That's another reason they're going after conservatives.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: The difference in 2012 and 2008 is actually what happened in 2010. You see, for those of you in the Washington establishment, either party, Republican or Democrat, the November midterm elections in 2010 showed us what's possible.

The Tea Party won a landslide election down ballot to the point that it affected statewide structure. It wasn't just a big sweep for Republicans in Washington. Republicans swept Democrats out everywhere on the ballot, even down to town council in some places. It was massive. Now, the establishment types and the media want everybody to forget that. That's why there are so many attempts now to say that the Tea Party, "Eh, they don't even exist anymore. The Tea Party is frustrated. It's Occupy Wall Street, that's the big money mover now. That's what's the game changer. Tea Party? Nah." The push polling data that show you that, well, the voters' sentiments have changed from 2010 to the present.

What's changed? The economy hasn't gotten any better. The circumstances that led to that landslide defeat for Democrats in 2010 have not changed. There is no reason for the Tea Party to have dissipated. There's no reason for the Tea Party to have lost energy, and they haven't. But every effort is being made to make people think so, that the Tea Party was a one-election wonder and now they're back to their mom-and-pop stores and had their one little fling with political and now it's over and the Tea Party doesn't exist. That's wishful thinking, but it isn't the case. So the days of conservative Republicans settling are over. 2010 showed what's possible.

That 2010 was massive landslide election based on what? Opposition to liberalism. Opposition to Obama specifically. The 2010 midterms were a direct rejection of big Washington, big government, big liberal, big Democrat, what have you. The 2010 midterms were not an endorsement of the Republican Party. The Republican Party was not out there saying vote for us because of. The Republican Party got the votes by default. People were opposed to what's happening. That's why this is so damn frustrating! We could have the landslide twice that big if we would give voters defecting from the Democrats added reason to join us other than defection. Just waiting there to be had, to be taken to the landslide bank.

END TRANSCRIPT
_________________________________________________________________________________________
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald