Author Topic: Manhattan Ministorage - Did I Miss the Discussion?  (Read 5622 times)

Oceander

Manhattan Ministorage - Did I Miss the Discussion?
« on: October 19, 2011, 05:17:39 pm »
Just wondering if the Oct. 10, 2011, Business Insider article on Manhattan Ministorage and it's increasingly offensive political ads had been posted here.

Just to get a sample of what this company thinks of as "good" advertising, here's one of their latest, showing up on all the subways:

And here's another:

Then there's this one, which is more telling than offensive:

This company, like any other private company, is entitled to its views, and is entitled to publish those views in public.  On the other hand, there is nothing whatsoever that says anyone of us has to do business with this company.  I would therefore ask that anyone who gives a damn about these things not do business with Manhattan Ministorage.  There are other self-storage companies in New York City, such as Storage Deluxe, that seem more than willing to take all comers, without discriminating on the basis of religion or politics.

Offline Badeye

Re: Manhattan Ministorage - Did I Miss the Discussion?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 05:28:31 pm »
Not so surprising when you see polls showing NYC types overwhelming support the OWS knuckleheads.
Trump is going to win AGAIN

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 05:39:54 pm »

I used to drive past one of the storage facilities several years ago and I recall being taken aback by the flashing scrolling sign on the Major Deegan.  I can't recall exactly what it said but I remember it was topical and in your face.  It might have been about Bush or Cheney?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 06:09:44 pm »
I'd rather live in America than NYC any day.  They used to say "It's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there."  They don't say that anymore, because it's not even a nice place to visit nowadays.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 06:25:20 pm »
I'd rather live in America than NYC any day.  They used to say "It's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there."  They don't say that anymore, because it's not even a nice place to visit nowadays.

Good way to put it.  Perhaps I'll gin up a response ad.  Speaking of which, they haven't registered all of the TLD variants of their domain name; perhaps an enterprising soul might register some of those variants, like .info, to put up counter ads.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 07:34:40 pm »
Under Bloomberg NYC is returning to what it was before Rudy......... the citizens of NYC were very divided about Rudy, but he made it a place people wanted to visit.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 08:13:06 pm »
It's actually smart marketing.

Look at their audience.   Over 50% of the people in the NYC boroughs are liberals.  Surely there's a captive audience for the upscale citizen too!

The situation wouldn't be any different if it were reversed.  i.e., that Memphis barbecue joint that went after Muslim terrorists and stupid liberals.

If I were hungry, I'd spend some $$$ in there.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 03:50:05 am »
It's actually smart marketing.

Look at their audience.   Over 50% of the people in the NYC boroughs are liberals.  Surely there's a captive audience for the upscale citizen too!

The situation wouldn't be any different if it were reversed.  i.e., that Memphis barbecue joint that went after Muslim terrorists and stupid liberals.

If I were hungry, I'd spend some $$$ in there.

It's pestiferous idiocy but, like I said, a private company is entitled to be as stupid as its owners want it to be.  That being said, no one's compelled to do business with them and anyone who finds this sort of b.s. unseemly should take their business elsewhere.

That being said, I still say that the NYC-isn't-America ad is more telling than the idiot-liberals at Manhattan Mini Storage think it is.  It clearly demonstrates just how arrogant and clueless NYC liberals are.

P.S., I've already torn down one.