Author Topic: Obama Tells World Peace is Hard; Proposes Mideast Shoe Exchange  (Read 1095 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Obama Tells World Peace is Hard; Proposes Mideast Shoe Exchange
« on: September 21, 2011, 09:51:47 pm »
Obama Tells World Peace is Hard; Lifts Undeniable Truth of Life #4;
Proposes Mideast Shoe Exchange

September 21, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  Hey, folks, did you know that peace is hard?  Peace is really hard.  That's what Obama told 'em at the United Nations today.  Peace is hard.  Yeah, it's really hard.  Really, really hard.  It's especially hard for Jewish people.  Obama really misses the Jewish vote.  He made an appeal for it today.  It's actually kind of comical to watch.  In fact, more and more of what Obama is doing is becoming late night joke fodder.  Who would have ever thought that?  And, folks, just to show you how schizophrenic Americans are, get this.  Gallup has a poll this morning and it says that a majority of Americans now believe that Obama does have some responsibility for the sad state of the US economy.  Imagine.  (interruption)  No, that's progress.  Don't get too cynical about that.  It's taken a while, but we're there.  A majority of Americans now finally believe Obama has some responsibility for the sad state of the US economy. 

Great to have you with us, by the way, folks.  Rush Limbaugh here at 800-282-2882, and the e-mail address, ElRushbo@eibnet.com. 

I feel like I have been plagiarized.  Back in 1987, while toiling away as a struggling young star of the future -- well, actually I'd become a star out there -- I wrote a weekly column for a newspaper and I was having writers block.  I just couldn't get jump-started so I started writing down one-sentence beliefs and thoughts trying to spur the idea of a column and I just kept going, and finally after a while, I said, "You know, I've got 600 words here.  Pretty soon I'll have a whole column out of this."  And that eventually became the 35 Undeniable Truths of Life.  It was that among many other things that established me as one of the nation's great thinkers.  And one of the 35 Undeniable Truths of Life was uttered verbatim today by Obama.  Undeniable Truth of Life Number Four:  "Peace does not mean the absence of war."  Obama uttered those exact words in his speech today at the United Nations.  That audience, you know, 90% of that place is gun-toting, murderous thugs. (interruption) No, no, of course he didn't credit me.  No way he credited me.  Number four. 

I'll give you the top ten.  The greatest threat to humanity lies in the nuclear arsenal of the Soviet Union.  Remember, now, this is 1987.  Number two: The greatest threat to humanity lies in the USSR.  Number three: Peace does not mean the elimination of nuclear weapons.  Four:  Peace does not mean the absence of war.  Five: War is not obsolete.  Six: Ours is a world governed by the aggressive use of force.  Seven: There's only one way to get rid of nuclear weapons:  use them.  Number eight:  Peace cannot be achieved by developing an understanding with the Russian people.  And Obama, by the way, said that today.  He said no treaty, no words, no doctors, are gonna lead to peace.  It's almost like somebody in the regime read this and liked portions of it and lifted it for his speech.  We have a little montage briefly here of Obama discussing and telling the world just how hard peace is.

OBAMA:  The fact is, peace is hard. ... Let us remember, peace is hard. ... It will be hard, but it is possible. ... Peace is hard. ... Peace is hard work. ... Peace is hard, but we know that it is possible.

RUSH:  This is the great brainiac that we elected president of the United States, the great intellectual, the guy with the perfect crease in his slacks.  David Brooks with the New York Times, "I've never seen a more perfect crease in a pair of slacks," and interpreted that to mean that this guy was not only gonna be president, but was gonna be a good one.  Here's more.  This is a continuation here of peace is so hard, Obama, our president, at the United Nations today.

OBAMA:  The fact is peace is hard, but our people demand it.  Over nearly seven seconds, even as the United Nations helped avert a third world war, we still live in a world scarred by conflict and plagued by poverty.  Even as we proclaim our love for peace and our hatred of war, there are still convulsions in our world that endanger us all.  I took office at a time of two wars for the United States.  Moreover, the violent extremists who drew us into war in the first place, Osama Bin Laden and his Al-Qaeda organization, remained at large.  Today we've set a new direction.

RUSH:  And now he tells us in the next bite how he changed the world and reminds us again that peace is hard.

OBAMA:  This has been a remarkable year.  The Khadafy regime is over, Gbagbo, Ben Ali, Mubarak are no longer in power. Osama Bin Laden is gone, and the idea that change could only come through violence has been buried with him.  Something's happening --

RUSH:  What?

OBAMA:  -- in our world.

RUSH:  What?

OBAMA:  The way things have been is not the way that they will be.

RUSH:  Wait a second.  Did we get rid of Bin Laden with a treaty or something?  He just said here, "and buried with him is the idea that change can only come through violence."  I thought it took a SEAL team to blow Bin Laden away.  I'm confused.  "It's been a remarkable year.  The Khadafy regime is over, Gbagbo, Ben Ali, Mubarak, are no longer in power.  Bin Laden is gone.  The idea that change can only come through violence is has been buried." What's going on in Libya?  There's violence there, and there was some violence in Egypt as well.  Treaties, doctors, nurses, clean water, good vibes, is that what we got rid of all these people with?  (laughing)  Facts getting in the way of a good speech. Here, listen to the rest of the bite.

OBAMA: -- humiliating grip of corruption and tyranny is being pried open.

RUSH: Not here.

OBAMA: Technology is putting power into the hands of the pe'ple. The youth are delivering a powerful rebuke to dictatorship --

RUSH: Not here.

OBAMA: -- and rejecting the lie that some races, some religions, some ethnicities do not desire democracy. But let us remember: Peace is hard. Progress can be reversed. Prosperity comes slowly. Societies can split apart.

RUSH: Peace is hard. Now, he can lecture us on peace. He's a Nobel Peace Prize laureate, don't forget. By the way, do you think they may be regretting that decision? I mean, they gave that award on the come. The guy hadn't done anything. They just figured his presence would cause peace to break out. I doubt that they're regretting it. These people don't make mistakes.
BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Here's Obama. Grab sound bite 27. Here's Obamaing lifting my Undeniable Truth of Life Number four.

OBAMA: The men and women who built this institution understood that peace is more than just the absence of war.

RUSH: See?

OBAMA: A lasting peace for nations and for individuals depends on a sense of justice and opportunity of dignity and freedom.

RUSH: "Peace is not the absence of war; it's the presence of justice." It's almost a direct lift, folks.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: By the way, ladies and gentlemen, back to one of these sound bites that we just played of Obama talking about how peace broke out all over the world with no violence.  He was taking credit for the Arab Spring, was he not?  He was taking credit for it.  Mubarak is gone, Khadafy's gone, all these wonderful things are happening, but I thought that he said the other day that one of the reasons his economic policies were failing was the Arab Spring and tsunamis and earthquakes and so forth.

I probably ought to let this go and it isn't that big a deal.  But I can't let it go 'cause to me it's funny.  It's the 35 Undeniable Truths of Life and I put these together in 1987, and here are the relevant truths.  And, by the way, it was number 24, the one that really established me as a great thinker, the one that really put me on the map, even though I was still in Sacramento, California, my now adopted hometown. Undeniable Truth of Life Number 24, by now most of you know it, feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women access to the mainstream of society.  That truth is eternal.  That truth survives to this day.  Of course, truths of life, it would survive to this day, but I mean it is something that's proven each and every day.

This one I did get credit for.  This one has never been lifted by anybody, and it never will be, just like the "I hope he fails." They're trying to horn in on it but nobody honestly can because I was the lone wolf.  I was the Last Man Standing.  There was nobody, nobody on January 16th of 2009, before The Pharaoh was immaculated, that would dare utter the slightest negative word. (interruption) Well, yeah, it was shortly after he was inaugurated, he had the meeting with the congressional leadership, Republican and Democrats.  He brought 'em in there and he said to Boehner, "Look, you guys, you gotta stop listening to Rush Limbaugh.  That's just not how things get done in Washington."  And I had a meeting with Boehner a couple of weeks after and he said, "I don't know why he said that to us."  And I said, "He was hoping what you would do or somebody in your group would do after the meeting is go to the microphones and agree."

He had chosen his conservatives, George Will, David Brooks, Larry Kudlow.  What he was attempting to do with that dinner was, "Okay, these are the conservatives I'm gonna respect. These are the conservatives that you ought to pay attention to."  He knew he had a room there full of mostly saps, led by Brooks.  It's what he was trying to do, and he tells Boehner, "Don't listen to Limbaugh, that's not how things get done."  Okay, so here are the relevant truths of life that Obama has lifted.  Number four:  Peace does not mean the absence of war.  Number 14:  To free people peace means the absence of threats and the presence of justice.  So basically you have two truths there.  I'm gonna read 'em again and we're gonna play the sound bite here, it's number 27 so you can hear.  Peace does not mean the absence of war, Undeniable Truth Number four, and number 14, to free people, peace means the absence of threats and the presence of justice.

OBAMA:  The men and women who built this institution understood that peace is more than just the absence of war.  A lasting peace for nations and for individuals --

RUSH:  Peoples.

OBAMA:  -- depends on a sense of justice.

RUSH:  Justice.

OBAMA:  -- and opportunity, of dignity and freedom.

RUSH:  Right.  So there you have it.  I just wanted to make the point one more time.  Now, that picture I just showed you, Obama waving, he's blocking the face of the Mongolian president.  Now, you wouldn't know that, only I know that, I've done research so I could tell you who that is.  I want to go back, he made what sounded like an appeal to Jewish people today and the Israelis, but you could look at this any number of ways, and he knows how various groups in that room at the United Nations are gonna hear whatever it is he says.  And there's parts of the thing that he said in this clip that people might read as a threat to Israel.

For example, "Unless the Israelis give the Palestinians justice, they will never know peace."  He made it sound like a lot of the responsibility for Middle East peace now is on the shoulders of the Palestinians.  This is the first time he's done so, and he would not have done this were it not for the election results in New York 9 a little over a week ago.  I think people know this, too.  Folks, I guarantee you, at times in these speeches there is applause.  There was no applause today.  This was not impressive or inspiring at all to anybody in the room.  Bumper sticker statements like "peace is hard" and this kind of stuff.  Grab audio sound bite number four.  This is where Obama decides -- he's got a new peace plan called The Shoe Exchange.  Well, that's how I interpret it, The Shoe Exchange, and here's how that went.

OBAMA:  The Jewish people have forged a successful state in their historic homeland.  Israel deserves recognition.  It reserves normal relations with its neighbors.  And friends of the Palestinians do them no favors by ignoring this truth just as friends of Israel must recognize the need to pursue a two-state solution with a secure Israel next to an independent Palestine.  That is the truth.  Each side has legitimate aspirations, and that's part of what makes peace so hard.  And the deadlock will only be broken when each side learns to stand in the other's shoes.

RUSH:  There you have it.  So The Shoe Exchange is now a peace strategy, shoes are big, you know, that's right, you got a shoe thrown at you that's a primo insult in the Middle East.  Shoes are big.  So now The Shoe Exchange.  And did you note here each side has legitimate aspirations, and that's part of what makes peace so hard, legitimate aspirations.  It would be much easier if people's aspirations were illegitimate, but the fact that they're legitimate makes peace hard.  (interruption) No.  He did not say that "we want to destroy you" is a legitimate aspiration.  That was my thought, too.  But later on he did chide the Palestinians for wanting to murder the Jews or else walk them into the Mediterranean.  He chided them for that, so we gotta be honest here.  They cannot say that he considered that a legitimate aspiration. (interruption) It's a good question.  I don't know who is taking him seriously anymore.  I did not get the impression that anybody in that room was taking him seriously.  He's too all over the board.  It was a campaign speech and everybody knows this was just another campaign speech perverting and corrupting great institutions.

END TRANSCRIPT

______________________________________________________________________________________________
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald