General Category > General Discussion

Before & After Joplin Tornado

(1/2) > >>

DCPatriot:

Oceander:
Wow.  That was incredible, for two reasons:  (1) the amount of destruction - I've never really had a concrete idea of what "destruction of Biblical proportions" might look like, now I do, and (2) the degree of normalcy that the good people of Joplin have managed to maintain in their lives, as uprooted and torn apart as they must be.

DCPatriot:
They're going to lose a lot of folks that will settle down in other areas...for survival.

Joplin may rebuild.  But there will be a lot of vacant lots and buildings for awhile.

Rapunzel:

--- Quote from: DCPatriot on July 11, 2011, 04:48:55 am ---They're going to lose a lot of folks that will settle down in other areas...for survival.

Joplin may rebuild.  But there will be a lot of vacant lots and buildings for awhile.

--- End quote ---

and  I don't think they are going to get money like New Orleans received.

Oceander:

--- Quote from: DCPatriot on July 11, 2011, 04:48:55 am ---They're going to lose a lot of folks that will settle down in other areas...for survival.

--- End quote ---

I think the key though is "a while;" whereas in certain other areas, the answer may be "never."  I'd put a lot more stock in the folks of Joplin than in a lot of other folks, whether they remain in Joplin or move elsewhere.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version