Author Topic: Bibi Beats Bam to Joplin Remarks  (Read 1234 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Bibi Beats Bam to Joplin Remarks
« on: May 24, 2011, 10:06:28 pm »
Bibi Beats Bam to Joplin Remarks
May 24, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: The first world leader to address the citizens of Joplin, Missouri, ladies and gentlemen.  That would be Benjamin Netanyahu.  This is last night, the American-Israeli Public Affairs Committee Dinner, AIPAC, Benjamin Netanyahu, about the tragedy in Joplin, Missouri.

NETANYAHU:  I want to say something about the scenes on television that I saw today and you have been seeing as well.  When tragedy strikes America, Israel feels an immediate identification, and tragedy has struck America.  In recent days, floods and tornadoes have claimed the lives of hundreds of Americans, including today in Joplin, Missouri.  All I can say is, America, we're with you, on this day, on every day.  (applause)

RUSH:  Benjamin Netanyahu, last night in Washington, the AIPAC dinner.  While Netanyahu was making his remarks about Joplin, here is Barack Obama at Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland.

OBAMA:  My name is Barack Obama of the Moneygall Obamas.  I've come home to find the apostrophe that we lost somewhere along the way.  Now, is that where it is? Some wise Irishman or woman once said that broken Irish is better than clever English.  So here goes.  Tahu autumn bay enum.

RUSH:  This is what Obama was doing instead of speaking to America about the war he started in Libya March 20th, 2011, he was in Rio on vacation when the bombing started in Libya.

OBAMA: Hello, Rio de Janeira! (sic) Alo!

AUDIENCE: Hello!

OBAMA: Cidade!

AUDIENCE: (silence)

OBAMA: Maravilhoso!

AUDIENCE: (applause)

RUSH:  By the way, Bibi, just as I knew he would, just wrapped up. Netanyahu just finished his speech to a joint meeting of Congress.  Then this morning in London after being told that Netanyahu had addressed the citizens of Joplin, Obama said, well, okay, guess I should, too.

OBAMA:  I want everybody in Joplin, everybody in Missouri, everybody in Minnesota, everybody across the Midwest to know that we are here for you.  The American people are by your side. We're gonna stay there until every home is repaired, until every neighborhood is rebuilt, until every business is back on its feet.

RUSH:  That's President Obama this morning in London at the Winfield House speaking about the tragedy in Joplin.  Netanyahu spoke about it last night.  By the way, for those of you in Joplin, some comfort for you who have been ravaged by tornadoes over the last few days.  President Obama has announced that he will personally tour Joplin, Missouri, after his European vacation is over, maybe as soon as Sunday.  This is Tuesday.  Maybe as soon as Sunday, those of you in Joplin, President Obama will personally tour your region.  We certainly hope here at the EIB Network that you are not too distracted trying to put your lives back together to give the president a suitable welcome, because that will be what the media will be looking out for, making sure that you are appreciative that the president has taken time-out, well, five, six days from now he'll show up, and just make sure that you give him a suitable welcome. 

We ought to start calling him Paddy Obama, the Obamas of Moneygall.  I think the UK Telegraph today has a fabulous story about how ridiculous it is, Obama trying to pass himself off as an Irish guy.  And when he goes to Africa he tries to pass himself off as a Kenyan, and when he goes to the Middle East, he tries to pass himself off as Barack al-Obama, and if he goes down to Selma he tries to pass himself off as a guy down for the struggle, total disingenuous guy.  It's a great, funny piece, some great lines. 

Did you hear Obama tell the audience in Ireland he felt like he'd come home?  You know, a lot of people said, "What is he doing in Ireland?  What is he really doing there?"  Folks, do you not know?  Snerdley, you certainly know what he's doing in Ireland.  It's a campaign stop.  It is a campaign stop for the Irish vote.  The Irish vote in this country, particularly in New York City, is plentiful, and he's got problems.  His reelect numbers are down.  This is nothing more than a campaign stop for the Irish vote.  I mean why make a big deal outta having some great-great-great-grandfather he probably never heard of until this week that's from Ireland?  Why make a big deal out of Irish roots? 

What does it matter to state craft?  What does it matter to the job?  It's a pure campaign stop.  The Irish vote in America is sizeable, pretty large.  You'd be surprised.  And he's angling for it, pure and simple.  So he goes over there and he says to the Irish people he feels like he had come home.  Well, let's examine.  Ireland has a real unemployment rate of about 20%.  Ireland's deficit is about 15% of its GDP.  It is teetering on the brink of financial ruin, so it's no wonder Obama thinks he's home.  He's visiting a place with similar economic challenges as here in the United States. 

I got a note yesterday.  (laughing)  The stock market was down 170 points about this time yesterday, maybe a little bit before the program started, was down 170 points.  A friend of mine sends me an instant message, "Why? Normally the stock market goes up when he leaves the country."  And I said 'cause they know he's coming back.  That's why the market is down.  They know he's coming back.
END TRANSCRIPT

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald