Author Topic: Obama ALWAYS Sides with Muslim Sensitivities Over US Sensitivities  (Read 1293 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Obama Always Sides with Muslim Sensitivities Over US Sensitivities
May4, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Poor old Jay Carney was just sent to the wolves. The White House Press Secretary is now out to talk to the State-Controlled Media. They're not gonna be happy because yesterday Panetta promised -- well, he assured -- the photo release was coming. Here's what Obama said to Steve Kroft in taping 60 Minutes, explaining why he wouldn't release the photo of Bin Laden. He said, "Imagine how the American people would react if Al-Qaeda killed one of our troops and put photos of the body on the Internet?" They've done that, and one of the most famous instances was Black Hawk Down when an Army Ranger was dragged through the streets of Mogadishu. They've done that.

Daniel Pearl.

Nick Berg.

That's right. They've done that.

You know, folks, I have to say this, and I know it's media tweak number 20 today (chuckling), but, you know, whenever it comes down to deciding between American or Muslim sensitivities, Obama always seems to side with the Muslim sensitivities. Look at the Ground Zero mosque. He weighed that, and the Muslim sensitivities carried the day when it comes to his decision to support the building of a mosque at Ground Zero. But this other thing, I'll tell you what offends me about this. He said to CBS, "Imagine how the American people would react if Al-Qaeda killed one of our troops and put photos of the body on the Internet," comparing a terrorist (that's Bin Laden), a mass murderer of innocent civilians to our troops!

Our troops are not mass murderers.

Our troops are not terrorists.

Well, depending on the day and who's making the comment, if it's John Kerry or John Murtha. Once again, this moral equivalence that this man has to be able to equate Osama Bin Laden with one of our troops!
RUSH: Now, I just heard, I just listened to the most painful, tortured answer to a question. I sat here and I was in pain listening to poor Jay Carney in the White House briefing trying to answer a simple question. The question itself was sophistry. The question itself was absurd. It was an accredited journalist who said, "Are you concerned about the way in which bin laden was killed and buried at sea might hurt the president's ability to reach out to the Muslim world, as he has tried to over the last two years?"

Okay, I shook my head at that. Then poor old Jay Carney starts trying to put syllables together, and there were pauses of three seconds that felt like 30. (I say three seconds; it might have been five.) So I sent Cookie a flash note, and I said, "I gotta have this answer. You gotta go get this, and you gotta let me get it in time here for the end of the program, before the end of the program," so you people can hear this. Oh, gosh, folks! (chuckling) It is painful. Not only poor old Jay and the way he's struggling with it but what he ends up saying to boot.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: We've got the Jay Carney bite. We've got it. All right, question, unidentified reporter, sound bite number 29. Here we go. Question: "One follow-up question: Are you concerned about the way in which Bin Laden was killed and buried at sea might hurt the president's ability to reach out to the Muslim world as he has tried to over the last two years?"

CARNEY: The ... efforts that were made to give ... Osama Bin Laden ... an appropriate burial ... following Islamic ... precepts and traditions ... were considerable. (long pause) However, I would also say that ... uh ... there is nothing, um... The -- the respect that was shown to him ... and his body ... uh ... was far greater than the respect that Osama Bin Laden showed to ... the victims on 9/11 ... or any of his other victims. ... Uh, and that's because that's who we are. ... uh... So we feel very comfortable with the fact that we, uhh ... took ... uh ... extraordinary measures to -- to show that respect ... uh ... to the traditions of the Islamic faith.

RUSH: Unbelievable. Just unbelievable. And no pauses were added, no pauses were removed. I mean, not only the presentation, but the content there. So there. If you've had any doubts about it, folks, we went overboard respecting the precepts and traditions, and they feel very comfortable with the fact that they took extraordinary measures to show ... respect to the traditions ... of the ... Islamic... faith.

END TRANSCRIPT

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald