Author Topic: The Left's Conspiratorial Hatred for Sarah Palin is Truly Unprecedented  (Read 1193 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The Left's Conspiratorial Hatred for Sarah Palin is Truly Unprecedented
April 25, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: There's a story in The Politico today. I don't think I have ever read a piece of reporting like this where the reporter is writing about a coordinated effort to destroy somebody's character and reputation as if it's some kind of a game.  Kenneth Vogel in Politico: Meet the Anti-Palin Crusaders."  This is how the story begins: She is a promiscuous, petty and unintelligent, yet deviously conniving warmonger intent on capturing the Oval Office and, from there, the world.  Those are just some of the opinions about Sarah Palin held by members of a small but extremely active network of gadflies, bloggers and authors who have devoted much of the last 2½ years to proving their case to American voters. 

"This self-styled anti-Palin movement -- whose members span the globe and are mostly but not exclusively liberals -- has been behind some embarrassing revelations about the former Alaska governor, her family and allies. But some of their leading theories have been thoroughly discredited and earned them widespread criticism.  Yet that only seems to have hardened a commitment to accomplishing what they profess to be their ultimate goal: the absolute and complete exposure of Palin as a fraud unworthy of a role in American civic life. And now, with Palin edging back into the political spotlight in the face of flagging poll numbers, they believe that they are closer than ever to" destroying her.

There are three books coming out about Palin with more to follow, and they are all attempts to destroy her.  "St. Martin's Press has scheduled a May 10 release of 'The Lies of Sarah Palin: The Untold Story Behind Her Relentless Quest for Power'..." You have here, folks, a story about a serious worldwide effort -- a coordinated effort -- to destroy Sarah Palin's character and her reputation, and this story is written as though this is a fun game: Can they pull this off?  Gosh, we hope so!  Man, we hope we can pull this off. This is really fun!  We're gonna sit around here and we get to watch all these people come out and try to destroy Sarah Palin. Gosh we hope they succeed!

The second book by Simon und Schuster "imprint is set to offer a tell-all memoir by Frank Bailey, a disgruntled former top aide to Palin, using her personal emails to paint an ugly portrait of her as a vindictive and vain dilettante obsessed with her public image, who allegedly broke election laws and targeted a state trooper by leaking damaging information.  Then, in September, Crown will release 'The Rogue: Searching for the Real Sarah Palin,' by journalist and author Joe McGinniss, whose decision to rent the house next door in Wasilla last summer prompted Palin to warn him to 'leave my kids alone.'"

I've always said they will tell us who they fear.  But, now, folks, this has gone beyond rational.  I mean, actually it went beyond rational a long time ago. (interruption) I was thinking of that, Snerdley: How would I compare this to the hatred of Reagan?  I'm racking my brain, and I want to be... I'm tempted to say, "I don't recall.  I don't recall such a coordinated effort for so long to destroy anybody."  Now, the real target of leftist vehemence (over a long, sustained period of time) would be Richard Nixon.  That's probably still number one, just simply because of the length of time and the intensity.  It was an ongoing effort to destroy Nixon. 

But in the case of a story like this, I don't think I've ever read a piece of reporting like this where the reporter is writing about it as fun. I mean, there is an ongoing effort to destroy this woman.  Forget anything about Sarah Palin other than she's a person. The left always talks to us about compassion.  She's a human being. She has kids. She's got a family.  Yeah, she sought public office, but there's no sense of proportion to any of this.  No sense of proportion whatsoever to any of this.  I'm wracking my brain trying to think of a period of time with anybody else other than Nixon, where there has been anything like this.  I mean... (interruption) Oh, I don't even compare, Snerdley, what they've done to me.

That doesn't even compare to what they're doing to Sarah Palin.  Ah, what they've done to me doesn't compare to what they're trying to do here to Sarah Palin.  We have a vast conspiracy here to destroy a political figure.  This is not the imagined fantasy from Hillary Clinton who said that the Monica Lewinsky claims were made up by "a vast right-wing conspiracy" to discredit Bill. This is a genuine, real, existing, right-in-front-of-our-eyes conspiracy.  Now, Reagan was attacked by Republicans, too, and hard.  People forget that he was an outsider who threatened the establishment GOP base.  The Democrats on the left attacked him, too. 

But Palin seems to be in a class of her own, and it just keeps ratcheting up.  It just keeps becoming even more intense.  The attacks on her daughters and her Down Syndrome child is beyond anything I've ever seen.  Folks, I can just tell you that this kind of stuff does not happen to people about whom you don't care.  There has gotta be... It's almost personal, and you know it can't be.  It can't be personal. She doesn't personally know all these people writing these books.  It's beyond my ability to comprehend it.  Well, not the beyond my ability to comprehend it, but to put it in an explained perspective. 
END TRANSCRIPT

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald