Author Topic: Beethoven Symphony No.9  (Read 52047 times)

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: Beethoven Symphony No.9
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2011, 03:12:04 am »
Dear friends, I have to sign off for awhile.  I have enjoyed this immensely.  Please have a blessed Easter all!
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2011, 03:20:56 am »
Dear friends, I have to sign off for awhile.  I have enjoyed this immensely.  Please have a blessed Easter all!

Same to you, Lando....... Happy Easter to you. It's been very nice having you here.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2011, 03:39:15 am »
Thank you both for your kind words regarding my daughter....and for your thoughts on the thread in general.

It's meant as an oasis of sorts.

Find myself turning into a Venetian Baroque freak......LOL!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2011, 03:39:44 am »
Hey, I'm back.  Here is a traditional piece that has reached my soul since I was a boy.

Greensleeves - best version

And, from another thread, you may know I enjoy Gregorian.  Please, please take a moment to listen to this.  The purity of the voices...

Gregorian - Greensleeves
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 03:48:33 am by Lando Lincoln »
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2011, 03:44:40 am »
Boy....that's a keeper!  Thanks for putting that one up!

I have all this music constantly playing in the background as I'm on the forum.

:beer:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 03:46:55 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2011, 03:46:56 am »
Beautiful, Lando........ and just an FYI one of my favorite things is waterfalls..... the video itself was very soothing.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2011, 03:50:52 am »
Beautiful, Lando........ and just an FYI one of my favorite things is waterfalls..... the video itself was very soothing.

This is the best fun I've had all week!  Thanks Rap! 

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2011, 03:57:43 am »
This is the best fun I've had all week!  Thanks Rap! 

Me too.  I am feeling the most peaceful I've felt in awhile. 

Did you have a chance to listen to Gregorian doing Greensleeves?  I'm interested in your thoughts on it.
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2011, 04:00:36 am »
Me too.  I am feeling the most peaceful I've felt in awhile. 

Did you have a chance to listen to Gregorian doing Greensleeves?  I'm interested in your thoughts on it.

Are you kidding?  I was listening to your 1st selection of it....then I clicked on the Gregorian version and it blew me away!

It's what prompted my remarks.  Thanks so much for everything.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2011, 04:16:10 am »
Thanks DC. 

I close with this (I have to get to bed... cooking tomorrow for a house full).  I hope I am not too far afield, but the human voice is simply beautiful...  Hope you don't mind.

Shenandoah
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2011, 05:32:49 am »
Acoustically, their voices are indeed instruments.

It's beautiful, Lando!    :beer:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2011, 05:49:13 am »

Itzhak Perlman and Isaac Stern play Bach Double Concerto (1)

a remark on YouTube....

The best rendition of this beautiful concerto. If i die play this and don't nail the lid on too tightly I don't want loose [sic] any clarity.
the42Q 1 month ago
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 05:53:27 am by DCPatriot »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2011, 12:33:54 am »

All I ask of you - Phantasia by Sara Chang and Julian Webber

Phantom of the Opera.....sigh!

This is the very beautiful version of "All I ask of you" from The Phantom of the opera
by Andrew Lloyd Webber
from the album "Phantasia"

Sarah Chang - Violin
Julian Lloyd Webber - Cello
The London Orchestra
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 08:31:11 pm by DCPatriot »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2011, 12:37:13 am »

Online DCPatriot

« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 01:18:37 am by DCPatriot »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2011, 12:45:43 am »

"Somos Novios" by Christina Aguilera and Andrea Bocelli

Somos Novios.......for my grandma!  RIP!

« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 10:46:51 pm by DCPatriot »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2011, 01:01:30 am »

Yundi Li plays Chopin Nocturne Op. 9 No. 2

For you Myst.....I know you love Chopin!   :beer:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 12:17:00 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2011, 01:19:32 am »
I saw Phantom both in LA and NYC, would see it again in a heartbeat.  I like to think Sarah Brightman was a muse to Andrew Lloyd Webber as IMHO he did some of his best work while married to her, and who wouldn't write for that amazing voice.  I have a CD of her work (Michael Crawford, too) as you know I love Lake Powell.  When you are up there amoung those amazing prehistoric canyons and the CD cranked up playing this music with it reverberating off the canyon walls it gives you goosebumps.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2011, 01:20:47 am »
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2011, 01:32:34 am »
Gosh, The Phantom...  Thanks for that DC.  I have seen it twice in Chicago and Louisville, Milwaukee and Green Bay.  Louisville is a first-rate place for theater.
John Steinbeck

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2011, 01:46:40 am »
Shenandoah...just beautiful
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2011, 01:55:14 am »
I love Moonlight Sonata..thanks for posting
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2011, 12:07:26 pm »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2011, 12:11:08 pm »
Gosh, The Phantom...  Thanks for that DC.  I have seen it twice in Chicago and Louisville, Milwaukee and Green Bay.  Louisville is a first-rate place for theater.

I too, saw it twice....in NYC and the Kennedy Center in DC.  It's been difficult for me to enjoy other musicals, since Phantom raised the bar quite a bit IMO.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2011, 12:19:59 pm »

Moonlight Sonata

Beautiful, Lando.

Had the windows open and was playing the selections from this thread.  My tinnitus warrants higher volume.

When I went outside, my neighbors next door thanked me and asked me "What CD were you playing?"