Author Topic: Beethoven Symphony No.9  (Read 52038 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Beethoven Symphony No.9
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2011, 11:10:27 pm »

Itzhak Perlman-Violin Concerto in A minor,RV 356 Op 3 No 6

3rd movement starts at 6:00  

This is truly amazing!   blij26

Vivaldi moves me to tears!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 05:09:23 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2011, 02:36:53 am »

Notice President and Nancy Reagan...and Jim Brady, I think.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 06:52:22 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2011, 02:40:24 am »

Scent of a Woman - Itzhak Perlman

Entitled "The Tango," this Spadecaller video features the soundtrack from "Scent of a Woman," with Itzhak Perlman's violin solo.
 This tango was origally written by Carlos Gardel and entitled, "Por una Cabeza"
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 01:04:06 am by DCPatriot »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2011, 04:01:13 am »
~LOL~ I love the Itzhak Perlman piece, of course it always reminds me of the movie True Lies......  

The tango is a very sexy dancy......

TRUE LIES : Le Tango
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 04:04:21 am by Rapunzel »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2011, 12:30:44 pm »
My of my...Arnold looks so young there. 

I like the Tango in "Scent of a Woman", with Al Pacino.

Al Pacino - Scent of a Woman

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2011, 07:14:32 pm »
Ah Pacino, such a great actor!  He did such a marvelous job in this (and many other) movies. I have not seen Scent of a Woman in a long time, I see it comes on Encore from time-to-time, will have to make a point of watching it again./
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2011, 08:36:44 pm »

Itzhak Perlman: Four Seasons Winter I.Allegro non molto

Itzhak Perlman performing Vivaldi's Four Seasons: L'Inverno / Winter.

Zubin Mehta and the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra accompanying.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 10:26:39 pm by DCPatriot »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2011, 09:47:35 pm »

The Nature of Genius: Beethoven and the Sonata Form

LOL!  In the first couple of moments the narrator talks about how much of a jerk Beethoven apparently was....as a creative artist.

He seems more real to me...with flaws.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 10:08:52 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2011, 10:09:18 pm »
Did you ever watch the movie on his life?  He was a jerk for certain, but then most highly artistic people are not easy to understand or to live with, they can put a whole new spin in tempermental.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2011, 10:10:58 pm »

Chopin Fantasie Impromptu Opus 66 in C sharp minor by Tzvi Erez, HQ

A little different rendition and audio than Yundi Li's back on page 1 of this thread.

But better visual of keyboard.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2011, 01:21:52 am »
Did you ever watch the movie on his life?  He was a jerk for certain, but then most highly artistic people are not easy to understand or to live with, they can put a whole new spin in tempermental.

I respect creativity in people and give them wide latitude when it comes to interacting socially.  Many are social misfits.

Reminds me of why I was so angry when that homosexual violinist from Rutgers jumped off the NYC bridge after his roommates filmed him having a tryst.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2011, 01:30:40 am »
I respect creativity in people and give them wide latitude when it comes to interacting socially.  Many are social misfits.

Reminds me of why I was so angry when that homosexual violinist from Rutgers jumped off the NYC bridge after his roommates filmed him having a tryst.

Bullies know no bounds DC..... sad. but all too true..... it isn't just grade or high school, if you do not fit a certain paradigm the odds are you are going to have an unhappy life.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2011, 01:36:30 am »

Hilary Hahn - Bach Concertos - BWV 1043, "Double" - 3. Allegro

She could be my daughter....looks just like her.

Bach: Concerto In D Minor For 2 Violins, BWV 1043, "Double" - 3. Allegro

Compositor: Johann Sebastian Bach [1685 - 1750]
Album: Hilary Hahn Bach Concertos
Orquesta: Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra
Dirigido por: Jeffrey Kahane
Violinista: Hilary Hahn
Año: 2003
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 01:06:07 am by DCPatriot »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2011, 02:01:02 am »
She is very pretty.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2011, 02:17:27 am »
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 07:00:56 pm by DCPatriot »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2011, 02:28:16 am »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2011, 02:37:15 am »
Here is one that simply puts me in a peaceful place.

Pachelbel - Canon In D Major. Best version.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2011, 02:41:15 am »

She'd kill me if I leave these up! 

Lovely, lovely lady.
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2011, 02:48:16 am »
Very nice, Lando!

I love some of the comments left on YouTube....somebody said that they play that everyday in heaven.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 02:50:29 am by DCPatriot »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2011, 02:58:08 am »
What a wonderful thread!  Thanks so much for starting this DCP.  My tensions are in the stratosphere, and this is just... heaven.  Here is one that, for me, is best listened to with the eyes closed. 

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart,Violin Concerto No. 5 in A, 2nd Movement

Mozart 's Greatest Violin Piece
John Steinbeck

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2011, 02:59:09 am »

She'd kill me if I leave these up! 

You're daughter is actually prettier, DC....  you did good.  I always wanted a daughter.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2011, 03:00:49 am »
Beautiful, Lando.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2011, 03:00:57 am »

Johann Pachelbel Canon in D Major fantastic version, classical music

Lando...I love it so much that I wanted to add this version by the London Symphony Orchestra.

Hope you don't mind.  Meant as a compliment....and a complement.    :beer:

Johann Pachelbel Canon or Kanon baroque christmas classical music song songs the London Symphony Orchestra

the "London Symphony Orchestra Play Great Classics"
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 10:32:02 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2011, 03:05:31 am »
Oh my, yes.  Such a rich, clean version. :beer:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 03:10:03 am by Lando Lincoln »
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2011, 03:08:14 am »
You're daughter is actually prettier, DC....  you did good.  I always wanted a daughter.

I agree completely.  I have no doubt she is from very fine stock. 

If I have one regret, it is that we didn't try for a daughter.  Mrs. Lando copes with a testosterone rich home!
John Steinbeck