Author Topic: Beethoven Symphony No.9  (Read 52030 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Beethoven Symphony No.9
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2011, 04:46:19 am »

Argument to Beethoven's 5th

Talk about genius.

Sid Caesar ....with??  That's not Imogene Coca
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2011, 05:00:27 am »

Moonlight Sonata

So haunting.....enchanting....exhilarating....draining....this is the song that will truly last an eternity.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 01:08:42 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2011, 05:08:34 am »

Handel - Sarabande

Beethoven said of Handle [sic]: "He was the greatest composer that ever lived" <3
Toops144 1 month ago 51
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 04:54:09 am by DCPatriot »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2011, 12:16:06 am »

Vivaldi : Concerto per mandolini RV558 (allegro molto)

This is a wonderful 'live' performance...you can see they're having a lot of fun.  How could you not with that melody?

Only critique is that since it's supposed to be "for mandolins".....they should have been wired so that they were more prominent on the audio.

...enjoy...you'll see what I mean.  It's fantastic!

If this doesn't get your feet tapping....you're probably dead!  LOL!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 12:21:06 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2011, 12:29:20 am »
A. Vivaldi: Op. 3 n. 10 - Concerto for violins, violoncello, strings & b.c. in B minor (RV 580)

Don't pay any attention to me......... : whistle   I'm on a ROLL!!  

This is the most beautiful string concerto I've ever heard!    Add &fmt=18 to the link stereo!

edit 5/1/11 - After less than a year at the monastery, Vivaldi, a priest, got himself a medical...a note for the doctor, which allowed him to skip saying daily Mass.  He said when a run of melody came into his head, he'd have to run into the sanctuary and write it down....it got to be a PIA.  Listening to this arrangement, it's totally understandable.

VENETIAN BAROQUE

Antonio Vivaldi
L'ESTRO ARMONICO: OP. 3 N. 10 - LIBRO II (AMSTERDAM, ROGER, 1711) FOR FERDINAND III, PRINCE OF TUSCANY
Concerto for 4 violins, violoncello, strings and basso continuo in B minor (RV 580) = BWV 1065

I. Allegro
II. Largo e spiccato
III. Allegro

Marco Bianchi (violin I)
Viktoria Mullova (violin II)
Stefano Barneschi (violin III)
Riccardo Minasi (violin IV)

Il Giardino Armonico / Giovanni Antonini (director)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 02:30:49 am by DCPatriot »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2011, 02:41:48 am »

Antonio Vivaldi - Violin concerto Op.4 No.11 RV204 "La Stravaganza"

The 2nd movement at about 2:46......it's heartbreaking!  

Turn those speakers up! :03:

Antonio Vivaldi (1678 - 1741)
Concerto, in D major, for violin, strings and continuo Op.4 No.11 RV204 "La Stravaganza" - I. Allegro (two violins solos) - II. Lago - III. Allegro assai -
Monica Huggett (violin), The Academy Of Ancient Music, Christopher Hogwood.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 10:05:51 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2011, 02:55:35 am »

Air. J.S. Bach Bobby Mcferrin

As much as I would love to see this in person....it would be hard not be blubbering like an idiot!

GADS!  I've turned into my father!   :pondering:

He used to weep watching the ice-skating performances during the Olympics. 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 05:21:25 am by DCPatriot »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2011, 02:57:48 am »
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 12:47:33 am by DCPatriot »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2011, 03:01:29 am »
Oh wow...I haven't listened to Moonlight Sonata for years....just beautiful.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2011, 03:10:16 am »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2011, 04:23:27 am »

(J.S Bach) Air on a G-string - Sungha Jung

Someday this young man will play his instrument like Yundi Li plays the keyboard. 

It's terrific nonetheless.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 07:36:27 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2011, 04:34:48 am »

Chopin Nocturne C Sharp minor op 27 #1 Valentina Lisitsa

I don't see images , I see whole movies - high definition on a big screen - in my head :-) And with Rachmaninoff Sonata it was in 3D beofre the format became popular.... For memory purposes I see music score - even where page turns are. I also HEAR sound - and there is a simple muscle memory . All of those - plus knowing a general structure of a piece -combine to make playing by hear easier.Try to work on vsualising the score - 1 time before you fall asleep try to see every measure.
ValentinaLisitsa 2 months ago 20
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 01:34:59 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2011, 12:41:06 pm »
Sid Caesar ....with??  That's not Imogene Coca
Is it Nanette Fabray?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2011, 02:45:35 pm »
Excellent, mountaineer.....thanks.  Just confirmed it on Google.  LOL!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2011, 01:42:51 am »
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 02:34:21 am by DCPatriot »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2011, 02:37:12 am »

Antonio Vivaldi - Wiosna

Saw a very funny wav file video discussing the 4-letter F word. 

As a verb:  Johnny ***** Sally!

As a noun:  I don't give a ****!

Actually, it's quite hilarious.

It starts out with this beginning music and now I can't get it out of my head when I hear it.  ROFL!

« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 11:26:43 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2011, 02:48:03 am »
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 08:56:08 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2011, 03:13:29 pm »

Adagio in G Minor (Albinoni)

Highly recommended if you find yourself angry or upset.

And the slideshow is awesome too!

read the Cellist of Sarajevo its based on a true story of during the war in Serbia a man would walk out into the street and play this song on the cello every day each day for the amount of people who were killed in a mortar shelling this is the song he plays.
OkamiThunder 1 hour ago
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 01:31:12 am by DCPatriot »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2011, 03:52:03 am »

Vivaldi Opera Andromeda liberata Aria ''Sovente il sole Perseo'' by Philippe Jaroussky

This blew me away!

Would never have guessed it was a male voice.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 03:02:42 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2011, 04:13:54 am »

Antonio Vivaldi- opera no.7 Concerto no.7 in D minor

something nice to play in the background......keeps the blood pressure down.   

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2011, 04:20:03 am »

RACHMANINOV "Piano Concerto n. 2" Mov. 3 (Wild/Horenstein)

SERGEJ VASIL'EVIČ RACHMANINOV

Piano Concerto n. 2 in C minor Op. 18
Mov. III -- Allegro Scherzando

Piano: Earl Wild
Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
Conductor: Jascha Horenstein

Recorded in 1965
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 12:49:27 am by DCPatriot »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2011, 05:06:29 am »
DC this has been an interesting thread, thank you for it.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2011, 05:23:32 am »
DC this has been an interesting thread, thank you for it.

You're welcome Rap.....funny thing I was thinking of you when I made the remark about the blood pressure!   :beer: {yours...not mine}

Isn't Vivaldi Opera Andromeda liberata Aria ''Sovente il sole Perseo'' by Philippe Jaroussky  hauntingly beautiful?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 02:23:17 am by DCPatriot »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2011, 06:08:24 am »

Philippe Jaroussky . Cantata "Amor, hai vinto" by A. Vivaldi.

How many people would be surprised?  I was.

He's amazing!   
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 08:40:26 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2011, 06:17:10 am »
You're welcome Rap.....funny thing I was thinking of you when I made the remark about the blood pressure!   :beer:

Isn't Vivaldi Opera Andromeda liberata Aria ''Sovente il sole Perseo'' by Philippe Jaroussky  hauntingly beautiful?

Yes...... it is.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776