Author Topic: Today's Toons 3/18/11  (Read 6668 times)

Online pookie18

Today's Toons 3/18/11
« on: March 18, 2011, 11:07:01 am »

Click below for related video:

Click below for related story:

Click below for related story:

This Thread Brought To You By The Letter "W":

In Case You Missed It Dept.:

The Battle of Wisconsin (video)

Photo: The Trumka Effect

Click below for latest episode:

Offline illeagle

Re: Today's Toons 3/18/11
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 11:22:49 am »
Thank you Pookie...58.5 degrees this morning in OH. See you Monday! :taz:
“All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke

“Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain." Psalm 127:1

Online pookie18

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 11:25:39 am »
Thank you Pookie...58.5 degrees this morning in OH. See you Monday! :taz:

You're welcome, Illeagle! Supposed to reach 70 today in NJ...high of 45 by Sunday...

Offline Davidfxs

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 11:34:11 am »
Thank you Pookie and have a great weekend
Liberals are like Slinkies, Good for nothing really. But they bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of Stairs.

Online pookie18

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 11:38:14 am »
Thank you Pookie and have a great weekend

My pleasure & the same to you, David!

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 12:38:29 pm »
Yeah pookie!!!!!

This financial crisis is forcing State and local agencies to make some tough decisions. If things continue for much longer, there's a real risk that we may have to lay off Jose.

I like the Trumka Effect pic, but were it up to me, I'd change the caption to read:

This financial crisis is forcing State and local agencies to make some tough decisions. If things continue for much longer, there's a real risk that Jose may go back home to Mexicowe may have to lay off Jose.

Just to drive the point home; namely, the only people who are really willing to do the work that unions used to do are illegal aliens.  Perhaps immigration reform should consist of this:  we'll send 10 union members, starting with union management and shop stewards, back over the border to Mexico for every illegal alien whom we catch working.

Online pookie18

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 12:42:22 pm »
Yeah pookie!!!!!

This financial crisis is forcing State and local agencies to make some tough decisions. If things continue for much longer, there's a real risk that we may have to lay off Jose.

I like the Trumka Effect pic, but were it up to me, I'd change the caption to read:

This financial crisis is forcing State and local agencies to make some tough decisions. If things continue for much longer, there's a real risk that Jose may go back home to Mexicowe may have to lay off Jose.

Just to drive the point home; namely, the only people who are really willing to do the work that unions used to do are illegal aliens.  Perhaps immigration reform should consist of this:  we'll send 10 union members, starting with union management and shop stewards, back over the border to Mexico for every illegal alien whom we catch working.

Mornin', Oceander! Sounds like a plan...

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 12:51:04 pm »
Thanks pookie.  I know it's not a popular plan with a lot of people, but I really do think that folks who come here to work hard and get ahead, and are willing to do the really dirty jobs, should get some sort of recognition, and should be legalized, even though I also think that there should be some "punishment" (can't think of the right word for that right now - swiss cheese head in the mornings) for coming in illegally, such as a longer green-card period and an agreement that the person would not contest deportation if s/he was arrested for a violent misdemeanor or any sort of felony, and the evidence, when weighed by an administrative judge, indicates that it is more likely than not the case that the person committed the crime in question - in other words, as part of your penance for coming in illegally, you agree that you are not entitled to the "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard that otherwise applies to criminal prosecutions until you've shown that you're trustworthy by keeping your nose clean for an extended period of time while you were a green-card holder.

Online pookie18

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 12:55:40 pm »
Thanks pookie.  I know it's not a popular plan with a lot of people, but I really do think that folks who come here to work hard and get ahead, and are willing to do the really dirty jobs, should get some sort of recognition, and should be legalized, even though I also think that there should be some "punishment" (can't think of the right word for that right now - swiss cheese head in the mornings) for coming in illegally, such as a longer green-card period and an agreement that the person would not contest deportation if s/he was arrested for a violent misdemeanor or any sort of felony, and the evidence, when weighed by an administrative judge, indicates that it is more likely than not the case that the person committed the crime in question - in other words, as part of your penance for coming in illegally, you agree that you are not entitled to the "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard that otherwise applies to criminal prosecutions until you've shown that you're trustworthy by keeping your nose clean for an extended period of time while you were a green-card holder.

Yes, I'd like to see maybe the leader of the Czech republic or Poland come in temporarily to do the job that the president won't do...

Offline ricebug

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 09:01:06 pm »
G'day Pookie!!

May you and yours have what sounds like a nice weekend.

Online pookie18

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 09:03:39 pm »
G'day Pookie!!

May you and yours have what sounds like a nice weekend.

G'day & the same to you, Ricebug!

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 11:31:03 pm »
Yes, I'd like to see maybe the leader of the Czech republic or Poland come in temporarily to do the job that the president won't do...

Sounds good to me!