Author Topic: O'Keefe Hits NPR Grand Slam  (Read 3874 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
O'Keefe Hits NPR Grand Slam
« on: March 09, 2011, 11:14:59 pm »
O'Keefe Hits NPR Grand Slam
March 9, 2011

NPR Muslim Brotherhood Investigation Part I

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Ron Schiller, we learned last week quit NPR after this sting operation, to go out to the Aspen Institute where he was going to become some art director.  Well, now he's decided not to join the Aspen Institute.  The first story of this is yesterday from Mediaite.  "The fallout from the undercover video of NPR executives began with NPR’s response and now NPR has released Schiller’s response."  Get this, by the way.  "While the meeting I participated in turned out to be a ruse, I made statements during the course of the meeting that are counter to NPR’s values and also not reflective of my own beliefs." It's like, yeah, he's lying to himself, lying to his diary or what have you, or it just wasn't him that day.  You know, that's the latest excuse.  The latest excuse, somebody gets in trouble, "That's not me. That's not who I am."  So Schiller said that he made statements during the course of the meeting that are counter to NPR's values and also not reflective of his own beliefs.  He's possessed by demons, obviously.  Maybe possessed by Charlie Sheen. 

"I offer my sincere apology to those I offended. I previously resigned from NPR effective May 6th to accept another job. In an effort to put this unfortunate matter behind us, NPR and I have agreed that my resignation is effective today." So, in other words, Schiller now claims that he was not representing NPR's views, nor was he representing his own.  Now, how do you get away with that?  He's caught on videotape, he said what he said about the bitter clingers and about the Jews running the media and about the Tea Party being racist, but now, "No, the statements run counter to NPR's views and my own beliefs."  So he joined the Aspen Institute to become director of the Art Institute there. 

Oh, by the way, the NPR president and CEO Vivian Schiller has resigned.  This happened this morning.  Get this. The board accepted her resignation "with understanding, genuine regret, and great respect for her leadership."  Well, then why did you let her leave?  "Vivian brought vision and energy to this organization.  She led NPR back from the enormous economic challenges of the previous two years.  She was passionately committed to NPR's mission and to stations and to NPR working collaboratively as a local-national new network.  I recognize the magnitude of this news and that it comes on top of what has been a traumatic period for NPR and the larger public radio community.  The board's committed to supporting NPR through this interim period and has confidence in the leadership team," blah, blah.  What drama queens.  Each of these two people got caught being too honest about their thoughts.  Boohoo.  Typical liberals.  Can't tell you the truth about who they are unless they're talking amongst themselves, then word gets out, "No, that's not really who I am.  No, that's not what I really believe." 

Speaking of which, in her condemnation of Mr. Schiller's remarks, did Ms. Schiller suggest that he might have a mental illness as she did in the case of Juan Williams?  She suggested we might have to go to Juan Williams' psychiatrist to be able to understand what Juan Williams was saying.  So the board accepted her resignation with understanding, genuine regret, and great respect for her leadership.  Can't get outta here fast enough, we'll write up a bunch of crap that nobody will believe but they'll swallow it anyway. 

And now, ladies and gentlemen, the piece de resistance.  "Aspen Institute communications director Jim Spiegelman says in an e-mail: 'Ron Schiller has informed us that, in light of the controversy surrounding his recent statements --'" that did not reflect who he really is "'-- he does not feel that it’s in the best interests of the Aspen Institute for him to come work here.'"  Meaning they called and said, "Hey, pal, don't come here. We don't want you here, either.  We love you. We understand how great you are just like they're saying about Vivian, but do not come here."  So the Schillers, not related, on the beach, as it were, victims of a sting operation run by James O'Keefe.  I'd say this is a grand-slam home run.  But the piece de resistance is when this guy Schiller said, "It doesn't reflect NPR's views nor, frankly, did what I say represent my views."  I'm gonna keep a note.  I'm gonna keep a record of all these things and the next time, if it ever happens, if I find myself in a tight verbal squeeze, I'm gonna try this stuff out.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  I was watching Fox News a little bit today in the process of doing show prep, and it was Martha MacCallum and Bill Hemmer; and they had that idiot, Alan Colmes, on; and were talking about the sting, the NPR sting by the O'Keefe guy pretending to be Muslims. Colmes is going on and on and on and on and on and on about how he doesn't like the "tactic." He doesn't like the tactic -- you know, punking people out like this.  It's gotta stop It's soiling our politics.  And I'm looking at the screen, "Have you ever heard of that liberal blogger that called Governor Walker, pretend to be one of the Koch brothers?"  And, by the way, remember how celebrated that was? 

Remember the left, the media loved that guy. That blogger was celebrated. He was a hero.  I don't care what media it was, that media loved it.  Anything to screw Governor Walker, and he didn't say anything to the impersonator. He didn't embarrass himself at all -- not at all -- the way Schiller did when he got punked by O'Keefe.   You know, folks, when you look at these things and you compare them, the left right now... Get this: The left wants ethics charges against Governor Walker for having taken the prank call from the basement living room of a leftist blogger who pretended to be David Koch! 

So you've got a leftist blogger pretending to be a Republican donor (or a conservative donor), the governor takes the call, and they want an ethics investigation against Governor Walker.  Well, now, where are the calls for ethics charges against NPR?  Maybe it is that people just know that NPR has no ethics to violate, and maybe that's why there aren't any calls for this.  But it is as satisfying as it can be here to watch the same tactics these people employ come back and bite 'em in the butt and bite 'em in the butt big time.  So much so that this fool, Schiller, "Well, what I said, that didn't represent NPR's views.  Frankly what I said didn't even represent my own views," and he's one of the "smart people"! This guy's an elitist; this guy wants to be in the ruling class.  This guy represents the supposed "intelligence" in this country.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I talked about Alan Colmes last hour.  He was on Fox.  He's all upset here at the way the NPR guys got punked.  He was on with Martha MacCallum on America's Newsroom on Fox.  She said, "Alan what about what the man said on the tape that is --" meaning Schiller.  Colmes had just gotten through saying what happened doesn't matter because the guy got punked, the guy got set up, who cares?  And she said, "What do you mean?  What about what he said?"

COLMES:  Whether or not Vivian Schiller resigned because of this, or maybe it was an aggregate because of the Juan Williams situation. It hasn't been addressed as to exactly why she did. This man should not have said what he said. I object to these tactics. I just wonder if a liberal had gone undercover to kind of get some conservative group, would conservatives be as all welcoming of that kind of tactic, because O'Keefe has said my goal is to really do this kind of so-called journalism, which it's not, and bust liberals, that's what his whole goal is.

RUSH: Alan, have you ever heard of Mike Wallace?  How about that basement blogger liberal in Buffalo who called the governor of Wisconsin pretending to be David Koch?  Which, I don't know about you, Alan, but guys on your side had the biggest fun with that.  I mean that was wonderful.  This guy was a hero.  And Walker didn't even say anything embarrassing.  Walker did not get tripped up by your punker.  But have you ever heard of Mike Wallace, the hidden camera, the hidden microphone?  For crying out loud, how about the exploding Ford truck at NBC?  How about ABC going into grocery stores and planting whatever they did?  Food Lion.  For crying out loud, Colmes, your side invented this.  I mean I used to do stuff like this, but it was funny radio pranks when I was a kid and so forth.
BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: You want to hear the latest take from State-Controlled Media on this poor guy Schiller at NPR?  Get this (summarized): "What's all the hubbub?  This guy was a fundraising executive, this Schiller guy.  The guy that O'Keefe punked there with the setup and the hidden camera, he's a fundraising guy, and now this is tainting all of the wonderful journalists at NPR.  All of our wonderful journalists had nothing to do with this, but -- but -- now, this guy is just a fundraiser!" So the full-throated defense of the guy has now been launched, first at MSNBC. Now it's gonna be all over the place. 

Then Andrea Mitchell (NBC News, Washington) further stated: Well, so what?  He called the Tea Party racist.  That's no big deal.  Everybody's been call the Tea Party racist! (interruption)  She didn't say that?  What did she say?  Oh.  Well, he did call the Tea Party racist.  He called the Tea Party racist.  I'll guarantee you that they don't think that's any big deal because they think it's true.  They're kale the Tea Party racists.  Every is asking, "Why did the guy get canned for that?  We're calling them racist, too."  So the guy is a fundraiser tainting all the journalists.  Well, what about...? Hey, Andrea, what about, "The Jews run the media"? What about, "The Jews run the newspapers"? What about, "The Jews are in charge of all the media"? What about that?

Do you think that stuff...? If that's no big deal, if the journalists have been unfairly slimed, why did the poor guy quit?  And why did Vivian Schiller resign?  You know, why?  Why, if the journalists are clean and pure as the wind-driven snow here -- and this punk, Schiller, is just some artiste in waiting that happened to be a fundraiser? It's such a sad thing, isn't it?  This guy has ended up sliming the entire journalistic network at NPR.  These objective and "fair and balanced," only-interested-in-the-truth people, have now all been slimed by Schiller.  And if they woulda just not gotten rid of him, then it wouldn't have been any big thing. If they woulda just defended the guy, and thereby defended all the wonderful journalists...  And, by the way, how about this guy saying, "We don't even need public money," had a role in maybe this guy being aced out of there? 

That's not good PR for a bunch of people who can't live without it.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

snip

RUSH:  Well, you know, just the other day Vivian Schiller said that everybody's attacking NPR because they're too conservative.  She said that.  She said that you'd be amazed at the number of e-mails she gets from people who claim that NPR is too conservative, which, I mean I didn't believe it.  I don't think anybody did.  That's just the standard response.  Jed, thanks for the call. 

Audio sound bite number six.  Here it is, Vivian Schiller on the Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer.  She's on the phone and I don't know what the question was, but this is what she said.

SCHILLER:  The comments made by Ron Schiller are an affront to this organization and are contrary to everything we stand for as a news organization.  We stand for diversity of opinion and tolerance and open-mindedness and his comments did not reflect those values.

RUSH: Hey, Vivian, you need to get on the same page as Andrea Mitchell.  You need to call her because the story today is that the guy was a fundraiser, he had nothing to do with you.  He was a fundraiser who said they don't need the money, by the way. (paraphrasing) "We don't need federal money here. We get by fine without it."  But the narrative today, Vivian, is that this guy was a fundraiser and has now tainted all of the wonderful journalists at NPR.  Last night on the Situation Room, CNN, Brian Todd interviewed James O'Keefe, the punker.  He said, "Why did you pick NPR?"

O'KEEFE:  My colleague Shaughn Adeleye was pretty offended with what happened with Juan Williams, and he suggested looking into NPR after that incident back in the fall. My other colleague, Simon Templar came up with the idea to have a Muslim angle since Juan Williams was fired due to his comments. So we decided to see if there was some type of greater truth or hidden truth amongst these reporters and journalists and executives.

RUSH:  So the new conservative media here has sort of turned the tactics of the left on them.  Mike Wallace and 60 Minutes have a closet full of Emmys for doing this kind of stuff.  They do.  Everybody has a memory of a 60 Minutes story, be it a thug auto repair executive or a thug in some other private sector capitalist endeavor or what have you.  I mean they're famous for this kind of stuff. 

END TRANSCRIPT

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

Re: O'Keefe Hits NPR Grand Slam
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 04:01:54 am »
RUSH:  I was watching Fox News a little bit today in the process of doing show prep, and it was Martha MacCallum and Bill Hemmer; and they had that idiot, Alan Colmes, on; and were talking about the sting, the NPR sting by the O'Keefe guy pretending to be Muslims. Colmes is going on and on and on and on and on and on about how he doesn't like the "tactic." He doesn't like the tactic -- you know, punking people out like this.  It's gotta stop It's soiling our politics.  And I'm looking at the screen, "Have you ever heard of that liberal blogger that called Governor Walker, pretend to be one of the Koch brothers?"  And, by the way, remember how celebrated that was?

Remember the left, the media loved that guy. That blogger was celebrated. He was a hero.  I don't care what media it was, that media loved it.  Anything to screw Governor Walker, and he didn't say anything to the impersonator. He didn't embarrass himself at all -- not at all -- the way Schiller did when he got punked by O'Keefe.   You know, folks, when you look at these things and you compare them, the left right now... Get this: The left wants ethics charges against Governor Walker for having taken the prank call from the basement living room of a leftist blogger who pretended to be David Koch! 

Colmes is such a freaking doufus.........
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 04:30:12 am »
So the new conservative media here has sort of turned the tactics of the left on them.  Mike Wallace and 60 Minutes have a closet full of Emmys for doing this kind of stuff.  They do.  Everybody has a memory of a 60 Minutes story, be it a thug auto repair executive or a thug in some other private sector capitalist endeavor or what have you.  I mean they're famous for this kind of stuff.

And that is precisely how this battle will be won - only if we turn the tools of the enemy against him.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 04:58:53 am »
And that is precisely how this battle will be won - only if we turn the tools of the enemy against him.

word.

what this country is about to face is not for the weak-kneed.  I am old enoggh to remember the civil rights "marches" which were not peaceful, George Wallace and why he was shot, the Kent State riots, Chicago 8 and more......... things are about to get ugly very fast.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 05:48:06 am »
O'Keefe really did score big time on this one.  Schiller losing her job was a tacit admission of malfeasance on the part of NPR's board.  They must be cognizant as to how all of this looks to a GOP congress that just defunded them, and to conservative donors who are regularly duped by pledge drives.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 07:14:30 am »
O'Keefe really did score big time on this one.  Schiller losing her job was a tacit admission of malfeasance on the part of NPR's board.  They must be cognizant as to how all of this looks to a GOP congress that just defunded them, and to conservative donors who are regularly duped by pledge drives.

Yep and they must be livid the Schiller played right into the GOP hands by saying  NPR would be just fine without congressional funding..... and if this jerk was not saying what he really thought, why would he say what he said to a total stranger?

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 10:36:11 am »
Yep and they must be livid the Schiller played right into the GOP hands by saying  NPR would be just fine without congressional funding..... and if this jerk was not saying what he really thought, why would he say what he said to a total stranger?

Especially, when his job was fund-raising.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 12:41:37 pm »
Vivian Schiller has now been given the heave-ho.  Wonder what's up with that?  There's talk that O'Keefe has MORE NPR footage that he's planning to release in due time.

What an anti-intellectual way to go about this.  O'Keefe's a hard-nosed tea party type.  Heck, he's probably a fundamentalist Christian and a Palin fan too.   :silly:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 05:47:48 pm »
O'Keefe gives me hope that we may have a new generation of reporters who actually dig for the truth and do what it takes to get to the truth. 

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 08:30:24 pm »
It's all a matter of turning the left's tactics against it.  After all, isn't this akin to how that great bloated monster, Michael Moore, got his start?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 01:00:39 am »
It's all a matter of turning the left's tactics against it.  After all, isn't this akin to how that great bloated monster, Michael Moore, got his start?

yep.........

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 04:56:16 am »

Except O'Keefe sets his targets up with much more finesse than MM.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 05:12:09 am »

If Obama's goons don't off him, he has a great future.

Oceander

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2011, 12:33:56 pm »

True enough; that's what happens when you put someone with a good work ethic on the job!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2011, 01:15:31 pm »
True enough; that's what happens when you put someone with a good work ethic on the job!

60 MINUTES (Mike Wallace & friends) was a pioneer of this type of "journalism".

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 08:43:44 pm »
60 MINUTES (Mike Wallace & friends) was a pioneer of this type of "journalism".

and who can forget Dateline NBC setting up all those pedophiles.