Author Topic: Mrs. Clinton Praises Al Jazeera  (Read 1794 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Mrs. Clinton Praises Al Jazeera
« on: March 04, 2011, 12:08:39 am »
Mrs. Clinton Praises Al Jazeera
March 3, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: The latest story on what's going on in Libya, a Reuters story: Rebels on the ground are begging George Bush to do something about it! (laughing) I kid you not. Now, it's a long story.  It's not in the headline. You have to dig halfway down or even further in the story.  The headline of this story is:  "Gaddafi Bombs Oil Areas, Faces Crimes Probe." That's page one.  You go to page two, really small font here.  There's this: "Opposition activists called for a no-fly zone, echoing a demand by Libya's deputy U.N. envoy, who now opposes Gaddafi. 'Bring Bush! Make a no fly zone, bomb the planes,' shouted soldier-turned-rebel Nasr Ali, referring to a no-fly zone imposed on Iraq in 1991 by then U.S. President George Bush. Italy said it was preparing for a potential mass exodus of migrants escaping turmoil in North Africa after a rise in flows of illegal immigrants from Tunisia..."

So they're clamoring for the Bushes. They're clamoring for the Bushes. Meanwhile, Hillary Clinton's out there saying, "Yeah, al-Jazeera is the real news.  Al-Jazeera is really good." Here's Hillary.  Audio sound bite number 12.  Yesterday afternoon in Washington ("Warshington," for those of you in Rio Linda).  It was a Senate foreign operations subcommittee of the Senate Appropriations Committee, and there's a Q&A, Ron Johnson (Republican-Wisconsin), said, "I totally agree with you about the power of information.  I'd like to have your evaluation in terms of the priority of our information initiative.  I mean, what are the components that you want to most emphasize in that region, the Middle East, of the world?"

HILLARY: (shouting) Al-Jazeera has been the -- the leader in -- that are literally changing people's minds and attitudes.  And like it or hate it, it is really effective.  Viewership of al-Jazeera is going up in the United States because it's real news!  You may not agree with it, but you feel you're getting real news around the clock instead of a million commercials and, you know, arguments between talking heads and the kind of stuff that we do on our news -- which, you know, is not particularly informative to us, let alone foreigners.

RUSH:  Ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho! Yeah, right on, mama!  Al-Jazeera's real news.  Walter Cronkite is turning over in his grave.  He is dead.  He did die, didn't he?  He's turning over in his grave.  Holy smokes!  The Secretary of State (summarized): "Al-Jazeera, there's real news.  Not like our news where you have a bunch of talking heads arguing, kinda stuff we do on our news, which is not particularly informative to us."  Whoa ho-ho-ho-ho. Do you understand the hurt feelings right now over at MSNBC and CNN?  I mean, their goddess just undercut 'em.  Okay, what would be the solution? How about simply piping in the EIB Network? We don't do arguments with talking heads here. The EIB Network is real news.  Why don't we pipe EIB into all those countries in the Middle East?  All around the world.  We're the real voice of America anyway.  Why not just pipe EIB in there?  We change people's minds every day.  We present real news here every day.  Even Hillary knows that.  She knows it all too well.  Al-Jazeera. She's watching it.  In order to have this opinion of it, she is watching it. 

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: From al-Jazeera. "Israel, Where Are You? -- While the Arab world joins together in a call for democracy, Israel's democracy is unraveling. As the Arab world demands accountability from its leaders, Israel's leaders are facing investigations and indictments. As the Arab world demands greater social mobility and economic opportunity, Israel's gap between the rich and poor continues to widen." (laughing) Folks, that's their tease for the whole story. That's the opening paragraph, sort of like the slug line.  "Israel, Where Are You? -- While the Arab world joins together in a call for democracy, Israel's democracy..." (laughing)  Oh, my gosh.  Israel's democracy is unraveling? (laughing)

This tells me that it is NOT democracy what is happening over there.  This tells me that these uprisings in Libya and Egypt are not about democracy. If al-Jazeera is calling them "democracy movements," they are not. It's just that simple.  Next al-Jazeera story: "Israel Sole Enemy of Lebanon: Iranian Envoy -- Iran's Ambassador to Lebanon Ghazanfar Roknabadi has underscored the importance of mutual understanding between Lebanese Parties against Beirut's 'arch foe,' Tel Aviv. Roknabadi urged all Lebanese groups and political factions on Tuesday to reach an understanding and spare no efforts to confront the Israeli regime."

"'U.S. Policy on Nuclear Iran Underscores Bias Towards Israel.'" That's our third al-Jazeera story. "United States is affirming that it certainly pays to be a nuclear power you get things done on your terms." (laughing) "With more than TWO HUNDREDS [sic] nuclear weapons and the capacity to deliver them against its enemies or use them to buttress its policies, Israel refuses to join the Non-Proliferation Treaty or to open its nuclear facilities for International Atomic Energy OFFICE inspection," and the next story from al-Jazeera.  "Israel, Die!" (laughing) Well, Mrs. Clinton says al-Jazeera is real news (laughing) unlike the news in America. I'm not making it up.  That's all here.  We'll link to it.  "Israel, where are you?"  (laughing)  "Israel's democracy's unraveling."

END TRANSCRIPT

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald