Author Topic: Today's Toons 2/25/11  (Read 7538 times)

Offline pookie18

Today's Toons 2/25/11
« on: February 25, 2011, 11:33:32 am »

Click below for related story:

Click below for Dhimmi-mentoring video:

Click for public sector unions video:

This Thread Brought To You By The Letter P:

In Case You Missed It Dept.:

Rats on the Run (video)

Wisconsin "Runaway" State Senate Democrats (video)

UNION SUPERPOWER featuring "Wisconsin Vern" (video)

Dr. writing fraudulent excuses in WI to assist illegal strike by "educators"

15 Best Signs from the Pro-Walker Rally in Madison 

Offline Davidfxs

Re: Today's Toons 2/25/11
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 11:50:42 am »
Happy Friday Pookie. Hope you have a great day, Thank you for the Toons...
Liberals are like Slinkies, Good for nothing really. But they bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of Stairs.

Offline pookie18

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 11:54:14 am »
Happy Friday Pookie. Hope you have a great day, Thank you for the Toons...

You're welcome & have a good w/e, David!

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 12:22:15 pm »
Yeah pookie!!!!!

Have a good week-end, and see you back here on Monday!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 12:31:46 pm »
Yeah pookie!!!!!

Have a good week-end, and see you back here on Monday!

Mornin' & the same to you, Oceander!

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 01:55:48 pm »
Good morning, Pookie.  Thanks for posting my vid.  Gotta say I don't agree with this one, though I have no issue with you posting it.  Just don't see a moral equivalence between the Democrats and Republicans on this particular issue.

As always m glad u r here.

Offline pookie18

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 02:02:07 pm »
Good morning, Pookie.  Thanks for posting my vid.  Gotta say I don't agree with this one, though I have no issue with you posting it.  Just don't see a moral equivalence between the Democrats and Republicans on this particular issue.

As always m glad u r here.

Mornin' & my pleasure, massadvj! FYI, I also had attached your vid as a click-on over the past day or two. As I'd mentioned the other day, this is a lib cartoonist who just happens to be on our side on this issue. Although I don't see moral equivalence, I do see both sides firmly entrenched in their positions...

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 02:09:55 pm »
Mornin' & my pleasure, massadvj! FYI, I also had attached your vid as a click-on over the past day or two. As I'd mentioned the other day, this is a lib cartoonist who just happens to be on our side on this issue. Although I don't see moral equivalence, I do see both sides firmly entrenched in their positions...

I appreciate that.

Do you think the Republicans are wrong to be firmly entrenched?  Do you think being firmly entrenched puts them on a ruinous collision course that could be averted if only they compromised?

(I have no issue with you running cartoons I disagree with, BTW, or even with your running cartoons that you disagree with.  The point is to be provocative, and since this one did provoke a response from me, I guess it is successful in its aims).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 02:11:49 pm by massadvj »

Offline pookie18

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 02:39:40 pm »
I appreciate that.

Do you think the Republicans are wrong to be firmly entrenched?  Do you think being firmly entrenched puts them on a ruinous collision course that could be averted if only they compromised?

(I have no issue with you running cartoons I disagree with, BTW, or even with your running cartoons that you disagree with.  The point is to be provocative, and since this one did provoke a response from me, I guess it is successful in its aims).

I think that the Republicans are correct. I don't want them to compromise & hope they can hold their ground. However, the unions are very strong & may be able to force their hand unless Walker goes forth with the layoffs. I feel that the unions would rather accept layoffs than have their power diminished. Without the layoffs, the WI Dems can still hide & I don't know if they can be forced back or subject to recall. If forced back & the vote takes place, major strikes may ensue. The same scenarios will play out in other states. I can't predict what will happen, but I will predict that it'll be messy.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 02:49:18 pm »
I think that the Republicans are correct. I don't want them to compromise & hope they can hold their ground. However, the unions are very strong & may be able to force their hand unless Walker goes forth with the layoffs. I feel that the unions would rather accept layoffs than have their power diminished. Without the layoffs, the WI Dems can still hide & I don't know if they can be forced back or subject to recall. If forced back & the vote takes place, major strikes may ensue. The same scenarios will play out in other states. I can't predict what will happen, but I will predict that it'll be messy.

Being a college prof, I am subject to collective bargaining myself.  I refuse to join the union, but I am forced to pay dues nonetheless.  I can tell you that there are plenty of thoughtful people among public employee unions who vote Republican.  These are generally the most committed and competent, who realize that unionization has the effect of diminishing their market value and promoting mediocrity in their chosen profession.  They are not a majority, mind you, but enough that union bosses cannot ignore them.

Yes, it will be messy, but it will also be necessary.

Offline pookie18

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 03:24:51 pm »
Being a college prof, I am subject to collective bargaining myself.  I refuse to join the union, but I am forced to pay dues nonetheless.  I can tell you that there are plenty of thoughtful people among public employee unions who vote Republican.  These are generally the most committed and competent, who realize that unionization has the effect of diminishing their market value and promoting mediocrity in their chosen profession.  They are not a majority, mind you, but enough that union bosses cannot ignore them.

Yes, it will be messy, but it will also be necessary.

We agree that it's necessary, but I believe that the bosses will ignore their Republican minority.

Offline pookie18

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 03:29:08 pm »
You've seen PolyTicks on Today's Toons. Now you can be part of PolyTicks!

The 2011 PolyTicks Model/Photo Contest
Here's your chance to be immortalized in a week's worth of PolyTicks comics. Here's what you will need:

* One (1) adult dressed in a professional-looking outfit
* Three (3) children
* Yardstick
* Apple
* Camera

To enter the contest, take the following photographs indoors against a plain background with a solid color:

PHOTO #1
The adult standing on the right side of the frame with hands on hips... One child in left frame with hands outstretched as if making an excuse to the adult. The child is speaking.

PHOTO #2
The same adult and child from PHOTO #1, but the roles reversed. Now the child is standing with hands on hips while the adult is making an excuse to the child. The adult is speaking.

PHOTO #3
The adult is in the same pose as PHOTO #1 while three children stand on the left, making excuses to the adult. One of the children is speaking.

PHOTO #4
The adult is pointing a yardstick to the wall, as if teaching the three children looking at where the adult is pointing. The adult is speaking.

PHOTO #5
Same pose as PHOTO #4, except the children are speaking and the adult is holding the yardstick at his/her side and has an expression of disgust (example, rolling eyes).

PHOTO#6
The adult is holding an apple, showing it to the children. The adult is speaking.

PHOTO #7
Same as PHOTO #6, but the children are speaking and have expressions of anger.

PHOTO #8
The adult is giving the apple to one of the children. The other two children have expressions of surprise. The adult is speaking to the two children who did not get the apple.

The rules are simple. You must take all eight of the photos described above and email them to polyticks2011@yahoo.com by Monday February 28, 2011 at 7:00 am Eastern Time. The photos should be taken in horizontal format and should be in a 4:3 ratio, with a resolution of 800x600 pixels or greater. The photographer/submitter must include his/her name and hometown in the text of the email, along with a statement certifying that the photographs belong to the submitter and that they, upon submission, become the exclusive property of "PolyTicks, The Web Comic" and its owner. Indicate that all models appearing in the photographs and/or their legal guardians agree to the terms of release and publication. Remember to leave space in your photographs for text balloons for whomever is speaking in the frame.

Thank you and good luck. Tell your friends and watch Today's Toons by Pookie for the announcement of the winner and to see the final cartoons.