Author Topic: TRENDING: Limbaugh takes aim at Michelle Obama's waistline  (Read 2248 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
TRENDING: Limbaugh takes aim at Michelle Obama's waistline
« on: February 21, 2011, 09:22:45 pm »
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/21/limbaugh-takes-aim-at-michelle-obamas-waistline/

TRENDING: Limbaugh takes aim at Michelle Obama's waistline
mug.mooney    By: CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Washington (CNN) - Michelle Obama is taking heat from talk-radio host Rush Limbaugh after a report in the Vail Daily that she consumed a not-so-healthy-meal of ribs for dinner while on a recent visit to the Colorado resort, the latest example of conservative angst directed at the first lady's healthy-eating initiative.

"The problem is, and dare I say this, it doesn't look like Michelle Obama follows her own nutritionary, dietary advice," Limbaugh said Monday on his radio program. "And then we hear that she's out eating ribs at 1,500 calories a serving with 141 grams of fat per serving."

snip
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: TRENDING: Limbaugh takes aim at Michelle Obama's waistline
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 09:23:48 pm »
the latest example of conservative angst directed at the first lady's healthy-eating initiative
Hardly.  Just pointing out her "do as I say, not as I do" attitude toward trying to run every aspect of our lives.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 09:24:05 pm »
I heard this, and I am fairly certain it was not Michelle's waistline that Rush was referring to.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 04:48:47 am »
Stack of Stuff Quick Hits Page
February 21, 2011

Story #1: Vacationing First Lady Michelle Obama Feasts on Ribs

RUSH:
I'm sure you're aware that nutritionist-at-large Michelle Obama is urging, demanding, advocating, requiring what everybody can and can't eat. She's demanding that everybody basically eat cardboard and tofu, no calories, no fat, no nothing, gotta stop obesity.  Except as in the case of all leftists, that's true for you but not for them.  Michelle (My Belle) minus the husband took the kids out to Vail on a ski vacation and they were spotted eating.  And they were feasting on ribs, ribs that were 1,575 calories per serving with 141 grams of fat per serving.  Now, I'm sure some of you members of the New Castrati, "This is typical of what you do, Mr. Limbaugh, you take an isolated once-in-a-lifetime experience and try to say that she's a hypocrite."  She is a hypocrite.  Leaders are supposed to be leaders.  If we're supposed to go out and eat nothing, if we're supposed to eat roots and berries and tree bark and so forth, show us how.  And if it's supposed to make us fit, if it's supposed to make us healthier, show us how.

The problem is, and dare I say this, it doesn't look like Michelle Obama follows her own nutritionary dietary advice.  And then we hear that she's out eating ribs at 1500 calories a serving with 141 grams of fat per -- (interruption) What do you mean, what do I mean? (interruption) No, I'm trying to say that our first lady does not project the image of women that you might see on the cover of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue or of a woman Alex Rodriguez might date every six months or what have you.  I mean women are under constant pressure to look lithe and Michelle (My Belle) is out there saying if you eat the roots and the tree bark and the berries and all this cardboard stuff, you'll live longer, be healthier, and you won't be obese.  Okay, fine, show us.  I haven't seen any evidence here that, if that advice is being followed, that it works.  That's all.  Look, folks, leaders lead.  They can sit up there and they can demand we do this and demand we do that, but show us.  Poor kids are living in food deserts, parents are unemployed, kids got no place to go other than the mall, hang around for scraps at the Orange Julius place, maybe get some papaya juice out there, and then they hear about Michelle (My Belle) and the kids, 1500 calories per rib serving, 141 grams of fat. I'm just saying mom and dad are unemployed, kids are in the food court hoping for some drips of papaya juice and there they are eating ribs, skiing in Vail.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ROFL!  Rush has to be laughing his a$$ off....knowing the blowback he'll get.

As he says....he lives in their heads, rent free!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald