Author Topic: Dingy Harry Wants a Shutdown  (Read 9527 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Dingy Harry Wants a Shutdown
« on: February 17, 2011, 10:46:49 pm »

Dingy Harry Wants a Shutdown

February 17, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Gotta play this sound bite before I grab a phone call or two.  This afternoon, Capitol Hill, Dingy Harry, Harry Reid, Nevada, held a press conference.

REID:  We're terribly disappointed that Speaker Boehner can't control the votes in his caucus to prevent a shutdown of government. And now he's resorting to threats to do just that without any negotiations. That is not permissible. We will not stand for that. He's wrong.

RUSH: Folks, I listened very carefully to this stuff and I don't hear any Republicans talking about a government shutdown.  The only people I hear talking about a government shutdown are Democrats.  There aren't any Republicans talking about it.  Zilch, zero, nada.  They're setting us up.  They can't wait.  They are going to force a government shut down.  They are gonna make it happen.  They think that it's gonna vault them back into control in 2012.

END TRANSCRIPT

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Dingy Harry Wants a Shutdown
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 10:48:12 pm »
What I am afraid of....in the back of my mind....is that once the shutdown commences, the MSM will get everybody whipped up and it would result in violence.

Let's face it....Barry would welcome it.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Dingy Harry Wants a Shutdown
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 11:50:47 pm »
Rush is right, the GOP is not talking shut down, this is a DNC head-fake...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776