Author Topic: Greta Thunberg: U.S. Isn’t Serious About Climate Unless It Bans Fossil Fuel Subsidies  (Read 422 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Greta Thunberg: U.S. Isn’t Serious About Climate Unless It Bans Fossil Fuel Subsidies

Joshua Caplan 22 Apr 2021

Teenage climate activist Greta Thunberg testified Thursday before a House of Representatives panel that President Joe Biden’s infrastructure bill should ban fossil fuel subsidies if he wants to prove his seriousness about combating global warming.

A transcript is as follows:

REP. RO KHANNA: Could you speak a little bit from an international perspective about what message we would be sending in Congress if we passed a infrastructure bill and did not have the elimination of fossil fuels subsidies in there after we ran on that and was in the president’s plan, and let’s say we did not have all that. What message would that send to other countries?

GRETA THUNBERG: I guess it would send a message that you’re not really taking it serious, you are talking very much but not really taking action. I know that sounds very oversimplified, but that’s what it all comes down to. We are all talking about these distant targets about how we are going to act on our emissions and so on, but we can talk as much as we want but if we don’t take real, bold action right now by reducing the emissions at the source, it doesn’t really mean anything — at least that’s what I, as a young person talking from an international perspective, that’s the signal you will be sending out.

https://www.breitbart.com/environment/2021/04/22/greta-thunberg-u-s-isnt-serious-about-climate-unless-it-bans-fossil-fuel-subsidies/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Why does anyone even pay attention to this nut case? She's a whackdo just like Waters, Pelosi, Warren and the rest of the bat crap crazy female liberals.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The only place her picture should be is on the side of a Milk Carton.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

The only place her picture should be is on the side of a Milk Carton.
You can always order your very own Greta travel mug.    :whistle:

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Greta Dunderhead only says what daddy and her other keepers tell her to say.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I would give her an ounce of credibility if she spent most of her time in China and India, the two leading polluters in the world.  But she is here.  UGGGH!

Of course she is here, because we have more nuts per square mile than any other nation.  Next, with majorities in both houses, we will be hearing about Cap and Trade legislation.  Al Gore is still alive and drooling to see the day!  Obama too!  And the Big Guy for TEN PERCENT!!!

I TELL YOU, OVER THE NEXT FOUR YEARS MANY MILLIONS OF AMERICANS WILL BE SIDELINED AND UNEMPLOYED!!!

One more thought, had Trump kept his promise to end the H1-b Visa Program versus increasing it just months into his presidency, we would not be having conversations about Biden!  That was his only DAY ONE PROMISE I am aware of!!!!!!!!!