Author Topic: Exclusive—Rep. Byron Donalds: We Are Getting Played at Our Southern Border  (Read 213 times)

rangerrebew

Exclusive—Rep. Byron Donalds: We Are Getting Played at Our Southern Border

Rep. Byron Donalds (R-FL)21 Apr 2021279

While President Biden and Vice President Harris refuse to visit the southern border or call the situation a crisis, the cartels and human traffickers play us like a fiddle. I do not say this statement lightly; I say it because I witnessed this fact on my trip to the border just last week.

As a member of the House Committee on Oversight and Reform, I had the opportunity of traveling to El Paso, Texas, and Santa Theresa, New Mexico, to tour the humanitarian and political crisis the administration created at our border. You see, it is easy for political talking heads on both sides of the aisle to defend or critique the crisis on the border from Washington, D.C., or their echo chambers on cable news, but it is a whole new reality on the ground.

As I traveled on the César Chávez Border Highway in El Paso, I instantly realized the importance of the border wall, which is the only thing separating the United States and Mexico. While this wall is vital in keeping the people of El Paso safe, there are still areas on our southern border that are bare from this security. Less than two hours west of El Paso in Columbus, New Mexico, lies millions of dollars of wall materials that are rusting because of the Biden administrations’ purposeful lackadaisical immigration policies, such as pausing border wall construction.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/04/21/exclusive-rep-byron-donalds-we-are-getting-played-at-our-southern-border/