Author Topic: Chicago Police May Soon Need Supervisor Permission to Chase Suspects on Foot  (Read 899 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chicago Police May Soon Need Supervisor Permission to Chase Suspects on Foot

Robert Kraychik 21 Apr 2021

“No one should die as the result of a foot chase,” Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot (D) said on Tuesday while announcing her consideration of a new policy requiring officers to obtain permission from supervisors before pursuing a suspect on foot.

FOX 32 reported:

Rewriting police policy on all foot chases has now become a hot topic at City Hall. Alderman Brian Hopkins says an official in the mayor’s office told him officers could soon be required prior to a foot chase to do what is now required before a vehicle chase: getting permission from higher ups.

“Of course that raises obvious problems,” Hopkins said. “In the time it would take to do that, the person you’re supposed to be chasing is actually long gone. The point would be moot then.”

WATCH:

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/04/21/chicago-police-may-soon-need-permission-chase-suspects-foot/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

We are re-making society to accommodate the lowest common denominator
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline goatprairie

Lori Lightbrain proves that black leaders/pols don't do their constituents any favors. They are a major drag on black progress.
Oh, for the black (or whatever color) mayor who tells blacks the truth....they are their own worst enemies.

Offline Slide Rule

There are not enough words to express how ****ing dumb this woman is.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 12:46:58 pm by Slide Rule »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline dfwgator

Just giving what the people voted for, good and hard.

Offline dfwgator

There are not enough words to express how ****ing dumb this woman is.

The voters are even dumber.

Offline PeteS in CA

1. Unless Lightbrain got 100% of the vote, there are many Chicagoans getting something for which they did not vote.

2. Does Lightbrain have the slightest clue about the streets in which police work?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thackney

Hey Sargent!  This Bob at the 2400 block of Big Street.  I need permission to pursue a, a, ...,

He's gone.  Never mind.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hey Sargent!  This Bob at the 2400 block of Big Street.  I need permission to pursue a, a, ...,

He's gone.  Never mind.

Permission required is permission denied, to a bureaucrat.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Wait, you mean there are still police officers in Chicago? It must be sad that no one in a sane city would hire them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Sounds like being a patrolman in Chicago is going to be a really sweet gig pretty soon. Spend all day sitting in donut shops while hitting on the teen girls working there,and the only criminals you might ever run across would be someone stupid enough to try to rob a doughnut shop.

All that with free health care,free life insurance,and a generous pension when you retire.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
First off, many will leave.

For those that remain, calling in to a superior, waiting for permission to pursue a perp, who will be in the next county by the time they get it, sounds more like the structure for a comedy show.  Imagine a police comedy show, with emphasis on attaining permission to pursue a perp?  Why, one would be rolling on the floor!

I say all the communities wishing to eliminate the police, go ahead, knock yourselves out!!!  How many good people die, get raped, robbed, etc?  I say 10 to 100 times what it is today. 

Hitler and the Germans, and the Japs, have nothing on our born in America anarchists.  Funded with huge sums from folks like Soros, and hundreds of millions if not billions from corporate America, how can we possibly survive as a nation?  I just do not see it happening.

I subscribe to a publication called International Living.  When my wife is ready to retire, I can see us retiring to a nation state island in the Caribbean and getting the hell out of this soon to be sh*t hole of a nation.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
First off, many will leave.

For those that remain, calling in to a superior, waiting for permission to pursue a perp, who will be in the next county by the time they get it, sounds more like the structure for a comedy show.  Imagine a police comedy show, with emphasis on attaining permission to pursue a perp?  Why, one would be rolling on the floor!

I say all the communities wishing to eliminate the police, go ahead, knock yourselves out!!!  How many good people die, get raped, robbed, etc?  I say 10 to 100 times what it is today. 

Hitler and the Germans, and the Japs, have nothing on our born in America anarchists.  Funded with huge sums from folks like Soros, and hundreds of millions if not billions from corporate America, how can we possibly survive as a nation?  I just do not see it happening.

I subscribe to a publication called International Living.  When my wife is ready to retire, I can see us retiring to a nation state island in the Caribbean and getting the hell out of this soon to be sh*t hole of a nation.
I love America that was, if the insanity continues I do have a option to a more conservative, sane life.

b) My parents or grandparents emigrated to the US as Hungarian citizens, but I myself was born in the US?

The main principle of Hungarian citizenship law is the jus sanguinis  (latin for right of blood), meaning that descendants of Hungarian citizens are Hungarian citizens themselves by birth (regardless of the country of birth or the number of generations living abroad). Consequently, if any of your parents or grandparents are Hungarian citizens or were one when you were born, it is very likely that you are one yourself. You can apply for the verification of your Hungarian citizenship. It is irrelevant whether you speak Hungarian or not.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I suspect that is true of many countries in Europe.  My grandfather came from Ireland in 1920.  I have the right to Irish citizenship, and all I need do is apply to obtain it.  I could then hold dual citizenship. 

I haven't traveled to Ireland yet, but I would like to go there and see it, and discover whatever relatives are there.  My grandfather had about six siblings.  I know three of them came to America, and I know those families, but for those that stayed, I know nothing.  I would have to go there and do some research.  At some point down the road, I hope to meet those folks.

Offline dfwgator

I suspect that is true of many countries in Europe.  My grandfather came from Ireland in 1920.  I have the right to Irish citizenship, and all I need do is apply to obtain it.  I could then hold dual citizenship. 

I haven't traveled to Ireland yet, but I would like to go there and see it, and discover whatever relatives are there.  My grandfather had about six siblings.  I know three of them came to America, and I know those families, but for those that stayed, I know nothing.  I would have to go there and do some research.  At some point down the road, I hope to meet those folks.

I'm seriously considering Poland.