Author Topic: North Carolina man fatally shot by police executing search warrant, reports say  (Read 1248 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
North Carolina man fatally shot by police executing search warrant, reports say
Local law enforcement officials are expected to hold a press conference later Wednesday
By Stephanie Pagones | Fox News

A North Carolina man was fatally shot by police in Elizabeth City on Wednesday morning while officers were executing a search warrant at the person’s home, according to a local reports.

Local News 3 TV cited the Pasquotank County Sheriff's Office in reporting that the resident, whose name and age were not immediately provided, was shot and killed at approximately 8:30 a.m. local time while police were conducting the search warrant at a home located on the 400 Block of Perry Street.   

WAVY-TV 10 News identified the person as a man who was shot in his car.

More details are expected to be released at a press conference later Wednesday. 

This is a developing news story. Please check back for updates.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

" shot by police executing search warrant"...well, it was an 'executing' warrant.

Offline verga

It really pisses me off when they rush to provide so little information.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Well since it wasn't mentioned in the headline shall we assume the person killed was not Black? And if he wasn't Black, why is this news?

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@verga

Maybe they didn't want to spread any rumors and defame anyone,out of sympathy for the families?

Just having a little fun with you. We all know THAT ain't never gonna happen.

Chances are the ebenin news was just coming on,and they didn't have any more than that to report.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline dfwgator

Don't tell me, the cop thought it was a taser.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Protesters Gather After Shooting of Black Man by North Carolina Deputy

Bob Price 21 Apr 2021

A North Carolina sheriff’s deputy shot and killed a black man as he attempted to flee in his car during the execution of a search warrant. The local sheriff said deputies wore body cams and requested an independent investigation into the shooting.

Pasquotank County, North Carolina, Sheriff Tommy Wooten confirmed one of his deputies shot and killed a man identified as Andrew Brown, Jr. during the execution of a search warrant. The sheriff said his deputies wore body cameras and they were working at the time. He plans to release the video as soon as he can.

Posters on Twitter described Andrew Brown, Jr. as a 40-year-old father of ten.

One protester yelled at police, “If you are that scared, you should not be wearing a badge.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/law-and-order/2021/04/21/protesters-gather-after-shooting-of-black-man-by-north-carolina-deputy/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BREAKING: Riot Watch in North Carolina as Reported ‘Unarmed’ Black Male is Shot by Police
https://trendingpolitics.com/breaking-riot-watch-in-north-carolina-as-reported-unarmed-black-male-is-shot-by-police-knab/
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline verga

@verga

Maybe they didn't want to spread any rumors and defame anyone,out of sympathy for the families?

Just having a little fun with you. We all know THAT ain't never gonna happen.

Chances are the ebenin news was just coming on,and they didn't have any more than that to report.
I am so glad that you added that second line. I was terrified that you had fallen and suffered a Traumatic Brain injury. I was this close to getting a hold of Myst and having her see about getting an ambulance to your residence.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline PeteS in CA

DA: Shooting of Andrew Brown Jr. was justified

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2021/05/18/da-shooting-of-andrew-brown-jr-was-justified-n390747

I watched most of DA Womble’s announcement. His version of events, backed by stills from the bodycam video, is different than what the family attorney has claimed happened. Sheriff’s deputies had a search warrant and an arrest warrant for Andrew Brown Jr. related to cocaine distribution. When they arrived at his house he was in his BMW apparently talking on the phone. Deputies surrounded the car and ordered Brown to show his hands and exit the vehicle. Instead, Brown dropped his phone and reversed the car. In the process he made contact with one of the deputies who was standing alongside the driver’s side window.

However the DA pointed out that when Brown stopped the car because he couldn’t reverse any further, no shots had been fired. Then Brown put the car in gear and drove forward toward one of the deputies who put his hand on the hood in order to move out of the way. That’s when the first shot was fired and that shot went through the front windshield of the car.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
DA: Shooting of Andrew Brown Jr. was justified

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2021/05/18/da-shooting-of-andrew-brown-jr-was-justified-n390747

@PeteS in CA

It is always easy to second guess people who were operating under adrenaline,but I have watched that video,and I just don't see the justification for shooting him to death. It happened in a small town,and I would bet everything I own the police know everyplace he would hide.

Plus,he was unarmed.

Yeah,it MIGHT have been a tiny bit justified because he was a career felon/drug dealer,but the flip side of that is all the cops knew him,knew his record,and knew he didn't have a reputation for violence.

Offline PeteS in CA

He struck two officers with his car. He used his car as a potentially deadly weapon.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
He struck two officers with his car. He used his car as a potentially deadly weapon.

@PeteS in CA

No,he didn't. Go back and look at that video again.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The car itself is a deadly weapon.

In 1970s Boston, this would have never made the news.
In 1980s Boston, this would have made the news as an unquestionably justified police shooting.
In 1990s Boston, this would have made the news as a questionably justified police shooting.
In 2000s Boston, this would have made the news as a questionably unjustified police shooting.
In 2010s Boston, might have made the news as a questionably excessive use of police force.
In 2020s Boston, the cop would have to go to trial.

I was raised during the era of the drunken, racist, World War II / Korean War vet, Irish Boston cops ... if they cracked your skull open your family would accept that you must have done something to deserve the cop's beatdown ... the cop was an unquestionable authority figure, he went to school with your parents so he knew your neighborhood and your family ... if your response to the officer was something other than a contrite "yes, sir", "I'm sorry sir", etc. you deserved whatever fate came your way at the hands of the officer ... that's they way it was ... you didn't run away (if you weren't fast enough or far away enough to out run them), you didn't resist, you didn't argue ... if your family got word that you were disrespectful to an officer in any perceived way, you'd get a beating from your parents, your uncles, your cousins, etc ... you stayed in line ... no lawyer or social worker was going to save my sorry ass ... that's the way it was, and that's they way it still is in a few places ... when I see these police body cams, I see resisting arrest, evading arrest, assault, battery, and other forms of escalation on the part of the suspects ... from my perspective, when the police come for you, you surrender immediately without resistance ... in the days before smart phones, body cams, and social justice warriors, the last place you wanted to be was in front of a cop when he's having a really bad day, which was most days ... because cops mostly came across people when those people were experiencing peoples' worst moments in life.

My cousin recently retired from a local Sheriff's office, and he couldn't retire fast enough.  Other than love for the community they are protecting, I can't see why anyone would want to be a police officer in today's climate.  Is it really worth it to be the spouse or a child of an officer that dies in the line of duty for a traffic stop, for serving a warrant, or being gunned down by some career criminal out on bail or on parole?

If the community you risk your life to protect and serve doesn't appreciate it, why put your family through the stress of being a cop?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Well since it wasn't mentioned in the headline shall we assume the person killed was not Black? And if he wasn't Black, why is this news?

In today's Political Narrative, EVERY shooting of a person by a police officer, especially fatal shootings, helps to promote the Narrative.    If the subsequent details might indicate that the shooting was deserved (that means the victim was white) then further coverage that might detract from the Narrative is not carried, but the original supporting stories that were aligned with the Narrative are not retracted.

It's what they do, no matter what the particular anti-American Narrative being filled might be.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The car itself is a deadly weapon.

@DefiantMassRINO

Not unless you are standing in front of it,and every shot,including the shot to the BACK of his head that killed him,came from the rear.

Offline verga

Right here.  :yowsa:

Offline verga

@DefiantMassRINO

Not unless you are standing in front of it,and every shot,including the shot to the BACK of his head that killed him,came from the rear.
Legally police have the right to shoot at a fleeing suspect, if they have reason to believe that his flight could cause harm to others. After watching the video and how he was driving, he had already endangered two police officers, I am convinced they had a right to shoot.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

In earlier times, a suspect behind the wheel of a running car was considered to be a dangerous and armed suspect.

In modern times, it's nearly impossible for shooting a suspect from behind to be classified as a justifiable use of force unless the officers believe that loss of life is imminent.

From the outside looking in, it looks like this was a flawed attempted apprehension.  It might have been more effective if the officers had blocked in the suspect's vehicle with their vehicles before trying to apprehend him.

We've had officers killed serving arrest warrants and warrants for failure to appear in court.  In a recent case, the suspect inside his mother's attic.  When a K-9 officer was sent in to locate the suspect, the suspect shot the dog and the officer.  The officer died leaving a wife and children behind.  I would have been perfectly fine if the officers had set the house on fire to smoke the suspect out or burn him alive.  (The scumbag was white).

Fleeing the police is an escalation by the suspect.  It's an escalation because control of the situation is being taken away from the officer and this increases the officer's level of fear.  This makes the situation more volatile and dangerous for the officer, the suspect, and bystanders.  In some of the police shootings, the suspect escalated the situation by failing to comply.

Citizens need to understand that officers are trained to control situations via force for public safety.  Failing to comply, triggers this response and training, and escalates the potential for deadly force and mistakes.

The police are not in the right everytime.  They are fallable human beings, willing to sacrifice their lives to protect others, that make irrevocable mistakes in the heat of a moment.  Complying with the officer de-escalates and diffuses the situation.

What we are witnessing is a symptom of a greater issue - polticians, governments, and communities using public safety officials (police, fire, paramedic) as a firewall between themselves and their failed policies and failed governance.

The George Floyd case was clearly criminal police misconduct by virtue of Chauvin's failure to render aid or allow aid to be rendered.  I had never heard of a cop kneeing the kneck of a cuffed suspect.  I've never even heard of racist 1970s Boston police doing such a thing.  When I think police brutality, I think of the usual hotbeds of race relations - Boston, New York, LA, Deep South - not freaking Minneapolis, MN.  That place was supposed to be a Romper Room of enlightened liberal utopia.

WTF is with police making it common practice to inject suspects with sedatives to subdue them?

WTF thinks serving a no-knock warrant at an occupied private domecile at 3:00 AM is a good idea?  Didn't ever occur to them that reasonable occupants might mistake the police action for an armed home invasion, especially in states with widespread legal gun ownership?

WTF is happening when governments think its good policy to have armed agents of the government routinely abuse citizens with sometimes just stupid police practices that get people  killed?

No citizen should live in fear of being summarily executed by an armed agent of the government.

We need to re-introduce civics education into public schools so people understand how government was designed to work and how to fix it when its broken.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Looked to me like he wanted to play the "Ghetto Lottery",  and won.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
In earlier times, a suspect behind the wheel of a running car was considered to be a dangerous and armed suspect.

In modern times, it's nearly impossible for shooting a suspect from behind to be classified as a justifiable use of force unless the officers believe that loss of life is imminent.

From the outside looking in, it looks like this was a flawed attempted apprehension.  It might have been more effective if the officers had blocked in the suspect's vehicle with their vehicles before trying to apprehend him.

We've had officers killed serving arrest warrants and warrants for failure to appear in court.  In a recent case, the suspect inside his mother's attic.  When a K-9 officer was sent in to locate the suspect, the suspect shot the dog and the officer.  The officer died leaving a wife and children behind.  I would have been perfectly fine if the officers had set the house on fire to smoke the suspect out or burn him alive.  (The scumbag was white).

Fleeing the police is an escalation by the suspect.  It's an escalation because control of the situation is being taken away from the officer and this increases the officer's level of fear.  This makes the situation more volatile and dangerous for the officer, the suspect, and bystanders.  In some of the police shootings, the suspect escalated the situation by failing to comply.

Citizens need to understand that officers are trained to control situations via force for public safety.  Failing to comply, triggers this response and training, and escalates the potential for deadly force and mistakes.

The police are not in the right everytime.  They are fallable human beings, willing to sacrifice their lives to protect others, that make irrevocable mistakes in the heat of a moment.  Complying with the officer de-escalates and diffuses the situation.

What we are witnessing is a symptom of a greater issue - polticians, governments, and communities using public safety officials (police, fire, paramedic) as a firewall between themselves and their failed policies and failed governance.

The George Floyd case was clearly criminal police misconduct by virtue of Chauvin's failure to render aid or allow aid to be rendered.  I had never heard of a cop kneeing the kneck of a cuffed suspect.  I've never even heard of racist 1970s Boston police doing such a thing.  When I think police brutality, I think of the usual hotbeds of race relations - Boston, New York, LA, Deep South - not freaking Minneapolis, MN.  That place was supposed to be a Romper Room of enlightened liberal utopia.

WTF is with police making it common practice to inject suspects with sedatives to subdue them?

WTF thinks serving a no-knock warrant at an occupied private domecile at 3:00 AM is a good idea?  Didn't ever occur to them that reasonable occupants might mistake the police action for an armed home invasion, especially in states with widespread legal gun ownership?

WTF is happening when governments think its good policy to have armed agents of the government routinely abuse citizens with sometimes just stupid police practices that get people  killed?

No citizen should live in fear of being summarily executed by an armed agent of the government.

We need to re-introduce civics education into public schools so people understand how government was designed to work and how to fix it when its broken.

@DefiantMassRINO

As much as it pains me to agree with anything other than suicide by a self-identified RINO,that was a GREAT post.

I can only add that we have to take regional,and even local situations into consideration any time we read these stories. For example,Elizabeth City,NC is a very small city. Not even sure it really qualifies as a city. It might technically be a town.

What I DO know is that the basic arrest situations  in a town like Elizabeth City are different than those in Newark,for example.

This suspect was a local,and the cops there had been arresting him off and on his whole life. He had no history of being armed or shooting at the police,they knew where all his "Baby Mama's" lived,and if he got away,it was no big deal because they could locate him in a day or less. He literally had nowhere to hide. There was NO reason to open fire on him as he fled,putting the other cops as well as innocent citizens in nearby houses at risk to boot.

At MOST they would have had an informant tell them in a day or two where he was,and they could have picked him up then.

But NO,the just HAD to open fire and shoot him in the back of the head as he was trying to drive away.

This is probably the first time,and most likely the last time you will see ME siding with the BLM crowd,but damned if they aren't right on this one.

Truth to tell,the court system is even more at fault than the local cops. This SOB was a career criminal and adult who had been arrested,served time,and then been released to commit more crimes over and over.

Call me a fire-breathing radical if you want,but after maybe the 3rd felony conviction,anyone arrested again should be charged as a career criminal and given a life with no parole sentence. Do that and just WATCH the arrest rate drop like a stone!

BTW,yeah,the criminal is responsible for his own death in a very real sense. If he had stopped committing crimes they cops wouldn't be arresting him over and over,and if he hadn't tried to escape they wouldn't have been shooting at him.

Then again,I hold the PoPo to a higher level of responsibility than I do the career criminals. SOMEBODY has to set an example as the "good guys".

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I self-identify as a RINO as a back-handed jab at the Bush 43, Dick Cheney, and Karl Rove establishment Republicans who contemptuously derided GOP fiscal conservatives and civil liberatarians as RINOs for opposing their non-conservative policies.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I self-identify as a RINO as a back-handed jab at the Bush 43, Dick Cheney, and Karl Rove establishment Republicans who contemptuously derided GOP fiscal conservatives and civil liberatarians as RINOs for opposing their non-conservative policies.

@DefiantMassRINO

Thanks! I had myself questioning my own judgement there for a moment. After all,what the HELL is the world coming to when *I* applaud a RINO?

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
@DefiantMassRINO

No.  The "standing in front of" is not a requirement.

If a suspect is in a parking lot and refuses to surrender the vehicle as lawfully ordered, and attempts to drive off, the law enforcement office is empowered to use deadly force to halt that vehicle.

I've seen videos of LA County deputies confronting a suspect in a car that had been pursued into a parking lot...no Blues Brothers around...and when the suspect attempted to reverse and flee, he was shot dead on the spot...because of how he had been driving on the streets.

Good riddance.   No charges were filed against the police then, (h)LM didn't exist then.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.